Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Why do Knicks fans want Sexton :scust:
I just like the kids tenacity. He’s a gamer. We don’t have anyone like that on the roster presently. Maybe KOQ? And my only thing with him is if he’s legit the best player on the board, take him and figure it out. I don’t like Shai tho. I’d take both bridges over him in a heart beat.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
keep hearing its between blatt and bud
who do you think is the favourite?:beli:
I'd prefer bud for player development and modern basketball.
bud is probably the favorite but whats so wrong with blatt? seriously?

he's an excellent coaching mind.... he just had difficultly managing huge egos(particularly, the biggest one in the game), he won a higher percentage of games than tyronn lue did...but clashing with lebron happened
remember lebron wanted erik spoelstra canned and pat riley wasnt having it...and they won eventually anyways.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

he's an excellent coaching mind.... he just had difficultly managing huge egos(particularly, the biggest one in the game), he won a higher percentage of games than tyronn lue did...but clashing with lebron happened
remember lebron wanted erik spoelstra canned and pat riley wasnt having it...and they won eventually anyways.

bro this isn't the euro league
blatt isn't a good coach for the nba or its culture for various reasons
spolestra grew up in the nba and riley taught him everything, bad example.

and even if you disagree with the blatt being a good NBA coach, i can respect your opinion. My main issue is, the only reason he is the favourite is because of his relationship with mills and obamas brother in law. Its not for anything else besides that. dude just wants to hire his homeboy. Probably would of have happened already if not for perry.
that annoys the shyt out of me

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin

and even if you disagree with the blatt being a good NBA coach, i can respect your opinion. My main issue is, the only reason he is the favourite is because of his relationship with mills and obamas brother in law. Its not for anything else besides that. dude just wants to hire his homeboy. Probably would of have happened already if not for perry.
It's not a bad example...lebron didnt respect spoelstra or gave him a chance cause he was a video man for years before he got the job....even though he's obviously among one of the best minds as far as coaches in the league right now.
you havent given me the various reasons.
brad stevens was never a coach at this level but has proven to be a top 3 coach and was given the opportunity because of what he did in college...meanwhile blatt has won or been close to winning a championship at every damn level he's coached at. dismiss the fact he's friends with upper management...he's as qualified as the next man.
I respect your opinion but objectively as decorated as he is as a coach internationally...he's not a fool when it comes to ball. :yeshrug:
For the record i'd prefer fizdale or bud over him.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not a bad example...lebron didnt respect spoelstra or gave him a chance cause he was a video man for years before he got the job....even though he's obviously among one of the best minds as far as coaches in the league right now.
you havent given me the various reasons.
brad stevens was never a coach at this level but has proven to be a top 3 coach and was given the opportunity because of what he did in college...meanwhile blatt has won or been close to winning a championship at every damn level he's coached at. dismiss the fact he's friends with upper management...he's as qualified as the next man.
I respect your opinion but objectively as decorated as he is as a coach internationally...he's not a fool when it comes to ball. :yeshrug:
For the record i'd prefer fizdale or bud over him.
:dead: that can't be dismissed breh
its the only reason he has a chance at the job
he was fired from clevand, several years ago, no other team has wanted him
plus there are so many avaliable candidates at the moment
even you have a couple coaches ahead of him

i have heard people that have fits, bud, stack, mark jackson, as their first option
i havent heard one fan come out and say blatt is their first choice

so if the knicks pick him as their first choice, knowing the background of their relationship, that should speak volumes to you breh:dead:

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
:dead: that can't be dismissed breh
its the only reason he has a chance at the job
he was fired from clevand, several years ago, no other team has wanted him
plus there are so many avaliable candidates at the moment
even you have a couple coaches ahead of him

i have heard people that have fits, bud, stack, mark jackson, as their first option
i havent heard one fan come out and say blatt is their first choice

so if the knicks pick him as their first choice, knowing the background of their relationship, that should speak volumes to you breh:dead:
bro, atleast he's been coaching in his time off. if i'm not mistaken you were a mark jackson proponent even tho he hasnt been hired in 5 years
No one says blatt TO YOU cause hes not as visible as the other candidates that have been in the states this ENTIRE TIME. it's hard to be on the mind of the casual basketball watcher if you're in europe winning championships :dead:
lets be frank the average person you talk to about basketball is a casual fan.
I've seen numerous people that arent against him being the coach.
its NOT the only reason he has a chance at the job if nikkas like juwan howard and kenny smith are getting job interviews. They're doing their due diligence...of course he has a leg up if he's friends...but the way you talk about him you make him sound like a bumbling clueless idiot that has no idea how to coach which is patently false and you know that.
you still havent stated the various things wrong with him :yeshrug:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bro, atleast he's been coaching in his time off. if i'm not mistaken you were a mark jackson proponent even tho he hasnt been hired in 5 years
No one says blatt TO YOU cause hes not as visible as the other candidates that have been in the states this ENTIRE TIME. it's hard to be on the mind of the casual basketball watcher if you're in europe winning championships :dead:
lets be frank the average person you talk to about basketball is a casual fan.
I've seen numerous people that arent against him being the coach.
its NOT the only reason he has a chance at the job if nikkas like juwan howard and kenny smith are getting job interviews. They're doing their due diligence...of course he has a leg up if he's friends...but the way you talk about him you make him sound like a bumbling clueless idiot that has no idea how to coach.
you still havent stated the various things wrong with him :yeshrug:
done arguing bout this until it becomes a reality:hubie:'

keeping tabs on everyone who was cool with him being our head coach tho:russ:

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti

David Blatt finally admits coaching in the NBA is harder than he thought

Maybe he's grown since then, maybe he hasnt. Idk.

Don't care to find out either. If we gunna go for a coach with a Euro background Id rather us make a push to go after Messina.

But since that aint happening, lets get Bud. If we cant land Bud, Fizdale or Stackhouse would be great also.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
done arguing bout this until it becomes a reality:hubie:'

keeping tabs on everyone who was cool with him being our head coach tho:russ:
:dahell: you just mentioned other people having first choices....I'm not keeping tabs I just say what I see just like you did :dahell:
agree to disagree. Much ado about nothing if my personal choice is chosen :yeshrug:
handshake.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
keep hearing its between blatt and bud
who do you think is the favourite?:beli:
I think Bud is the favorite by far. There's no way the Knicks conduct a search this extensive just to hire Steve Mills buddy in the end. Bud is a great coach, he wants to coach for the Knicks, this is a layup for the Knicks. The only reason Blatts name is being floated is for leverage purposes imo.