A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

Daps
Thought excercise: What’s the most you’re realistically willing to give up for Kawhi?

I honestly got nothing. I don’t want to give up Frank or that pick. Not when we can just wait. And if he goes to LA instead, fukk it.

Frank, 2018 first, 2021 first (Top 10 protected), Baker, Lance to make the salaries match. Sixers can beat that deal, though.

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Dude had more turnovers than points in an elimination game :hhh:

As much grief as Melo got this season and postseason (most of it deserved), Im surprised that "Playoff P" has rec'v little to no flack for his disappearing act in the final game vs Utah. That shyt was truly awful :scusthov:
He never gets called out, people always forget him. I never felt he was that player, but others feel different. But he need to change his name to Transparent P.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
He never gets called out, people always forget him. I never felt he was that player, but others feel different. But he need to change his name to Transparent P.

At his peak currently (post-injury), he's a 2nd option. Probably better served to be a 3rd option. :francis: + :huhldup: to the the team that decides to pay him the max

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Frank, 2018 first, 2021 first (Top 10 protected), Baker, Lance to make the salaries match. Sixers can beat that deal, though.

So can the Celtics and Lakers

Hell, even the Clippers can put together a more enticing offer than us.

Better to wait til summer of 2019 to make a splash via FA or trade, by then we should have cap room and maybe even some more assets to make a deal happen.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'd do this. Building through free agency actually becomes a viable option with both KP and Kawhi the team. It's not a Melo type of situation to me because frankly, Kawhi is way better than Melo ever was ( no slight against Melo), he's probably the only guy in the NBA who is elite on both sides of the ball, and he fits with KP, unlike Melo who didn't really fit with Amare initially. He's the only guy in the NBA I would give up multiple firsts for and not have a hint of regret over it. If Kawhi gets traded to another team that he's at least okay with, he's probably not turning down that supermax to sign with the Knicks next year.

KP, Kawhi and another top tier free agent is fukking up the east imo ( Imagine signing Jimmy Butler in 2019 to add to this squad :wow:). I understand not doing it though of course, but signing a top tier free agent is a lot less likely with just one star on the team.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I'd do this. Building through free agency actually becomes a viable option with both KP and Kawhi the team. It's not a Melo type of situation to me because frankly, Kawhi is way better than Melo ever was ( no slight against Melo), he's probably the only guy in the NBA who is elite on both sides of the ball, and he fits with KP, unlike Melo who didn't really fit with Amare initially. He's the only guy in the NBA I would give up multiple firsts for and not have a hint of regret over it. If Kawhi gets traded to another team that he's at least okay with, he's probably not turning down that supermax to sign with the Knicks next year.

KP, Kawhi and another top tier free agent is fukking up the east imo ( Imagine signing Jimmy Butler in 2019 to add to this squad :wow:). I understand not doing it though of course, but signing a top tier free agent is a lot less likely with just one star on the team.
Right but if given the option to bid against other teams that will have great packages - which will drive up the cost - in order to trade for Kawhi

Or

Continue pushing, gathering g draft picks and developing team and when cap space opens, Kawhi or someone can be convinced to sign without giving up anything.

Which one...honestly?

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Right but if given the option to bid against other teams that will have great packages - which will drive up the cost - in order to trade for Kawhi

Or

Continue pushing, gathering g draft picks and developing team and when cap space opens, Kawhi or someone can be convinced to sign without giving up anything.

Which one...honestly?

Option B, all day everyday.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Or

Which one...honestly?
If the Spurs want anything more than what @León de Oro mentioned then I walk away from the table, I don't want the Knicks to get in a bidding war, so I'd go with the second option in that case. If Kawhi shows any signs of wanting to go to NY then I go with the second option. I'm only trading for Kawhi if the deal is somewhat equal, and the only reason I'd entertain a trade is because I don't think the Knicks will have a good shot at game changing free agents in 2019( Butler, Kawhi, Kyrie).

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
:scust:

Only way I’d do that is if we knew we’d be able to sign someone like Paul George this summer too.

I think we’re killing Paul unfairly. Sure he looked bad but that thunder team is a mess. I’d like to see him in a system like we’ll have hopefully after Bud is signed tomorrow. (Claiming it). Playing with Russ is not easy. At all.

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
:scust:

Only way I’d do that is if we knew we’d be able to sign someone like Paul George this summer too.

I think we’re killing Paul unfairly. Sure he looked bad but that thunder team is a mess. I’d like to see him in a system like we’ll have hopefully after Bud is signed tomorrow. (Claiming it). Playing with Russ is not easy. At all.
He looked average in Indiana too.

Daps
If the Spurs want anything more than what @León de Oro mentioned then I walk away from the table, I don't want the Knicks to get in a bidding war, so I'd go with the second option in that case. If Kawhi shows any signs of wanting to go to NY then I go with the second option. I'm only trading for Kawhi if the deal is somewhat equal, and the only reason I'd entertain a trade is because I don't think the Knicks will have a good shot at game changing free agents in 2019( Butler, Kawhi, Kyrie).

That's where I'm at. If he wants to go to NY and pushes his way there, then you put a deal in. No bidding wars lol