A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Normally i Would agree with that, but players Like him dont become available every Night and our team sucks. I dont feel Like we are in a position to turn down Premium talent if they actually wanna come here.

Melo was different, he shoulda just came in the off season but forced it in february for whatever reason. If spurs are done with kawhi and he will resign with us, we have to jump on it cause he wont make it to free agency

We are lacking in talent

So trading what little talent we have to get Kawhi doesnt make much sense to me, Kawhi + a bunch of G-League guys isnt a competitive squad to me

Continue to build thru the draft, maintain cap flexibility, then make a FA splash or swing for the fences on bringing in a superstar as the final piece

Just my 2 cents, agree to disagree if you feel differently :yeshrug:

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Honestly if they move Lee for an expiring (or waive him) and waive Ron & Noah, then let Lance, Kanter and Mudiay expire they could still spend 18 mil this year and have the 34 Mil needed to max Kawhi. The only real loss would be they couldn't keep O'Quinn

Basically just cut Phil's mistakes and they have a shyt ton of money

Lol you always want to waive everybody

I understand it, wanna get rid of every non-KP & Frank related Phil move :lolbron:

I desperately want that too, just gotta do it incrementally, all of Phis fukk-ups arent going to be cleared out in one off-season. Tryin to do that will leave dead money on the books way after these dudes are long gone and I dont want that

Ron is expiring next season. No need to waive just dont extend. Let him expire.

Maybe Mudiay shows enough next season where he can be flipped for somethin like a couple of 2nds. Doubtful, but hey who knows :yeshrug:
If not then yeah I agree with you, let him expire as well.

I dont think Lee will be as easy to move as some of you other guys think but out of all the crap contracts we have his should be the most moveable, if that makes sense

As far Noah, dont waive, stretch or any of that shyt. Ride that shyt out till the bitter end. Maybe towards the end of next season he'll be amenable to a buyout but I doubt that

All in all this aint the summer to make a splash thru FA or trade. Next summer tho .......:shaq:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We are lacking in talent

So trading what little talent we have to get Kawhi doesnt make much sense to me, Kawhi + a bunch of G-League guys isnt a competitive squad to me

Continue to build thru the draft, maintain cap flexibility, then make a FA splash or swing for the fences on bringing in a superstar as the final piece

Just my 2 cents, agree to disagree if you feel differently :yeshrug:
Agree to disagee
Kawhi and kp is a great start for any franchise:yeshrug:
You build the rest as the years go by:yeshrug:

Daps
Agree to disagee
Kawhi and kp is a great start for any franchise:yeshrug:
You build the rest as the years go by:yeshrug:

This is how I feel. You trade for Kawhi and now have two of the top 30 players in the league? The Spurs can ask for KP, but with one year left on his deal, that's an easy no. Also, difference between this and the Melo/Amare pairing is they played the same position and both were bad defensively. KP/KL gives you a top tier rim protector and a former DPOY. The identity would be different as both players are solid two-way players. I'd also ask KP to do the same thing Kawhi did and wait before signing the max deal in 19 free agency and get one more guy.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter

Someone translated a French interview with Frank, some good quotes interspersed.

The difference in the frequency of the game (from 1 to 2 game a week to the NBA rythm) impacted me a lot, around January-february I felt more tired. We learn that it's more psychological than physical because we're gonna get tired anyway.

Was feeling fatigue during that dip in his play. Rookie wall but I like his takeaway that it's more mental than anything.

There's a real friendship between KP and me, as we both come from Europe.

Playing in the MSG is magical. Everytime I played there I felt like in no other NBA arena. The infrastructures and the things that the franchise give us access to, so we can focus on basketball, is incredible.

It took time for me to take the open shots, because I didn't wanted to change suddenly my playstyle. I should be more aggressive and be more hungry for the ball. (The radio guy is telling him that some of his teammates didn't hesitated to shoot the ball, even if sometime they shouldn't). I'll never blame my teammates ahah.

Not surprising but good to see he knows what he needs to do. Also good to see him not get baited into anything that could be a soundbyte.

(Is asked about the differences of coaching between Hornacek and Vincent Collet, his former coach and head coach of the national french team). There's a lot of differences between the american and european game, maybe less passing game for example. With Collet we played a very organized basketball to have the best shot we could get. It was different but very interresting and I was very motivated to improve myself. It also goes with the talent of the player, everyone wants to be the best in the league, so there's way more 1v1.

Joaquim helped me a lot during the transition, he was like a big brother to me. It was tough to live with the team, but he's OK, he is highly motivated to get back at his best level.

The organized and best shot we could get made me laugh.

At PG we have a lot of different players, a lot of them are incredibly impressive, as Westbrook who is so athletic, Kyrie, Lillard, Curry, all of them proved that they were the best PG of the league. When I arrived in NBA I was very impressed to play against those stars, since I was a fan of this championship. But now I don't care about who I am playing, I just try to focus on the game.

Still views himself as a PG...rightfully so.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Why are brehs talking about signing Pushoff P :francis::huhldup:

Dude had more turnovers than points in an elimination game :hhh:

As much grief as Melo got this season and postseason (most of it deserved), Im surprised that "Playoff P" has rec'v little to no flack for his disappearing act in the final game vs Utah. That shyt was truly awful :scusthov: