A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
If we sign Bud, I hold on to Dotson unless we're getting true value back. Bud has a knack for getting the most out of three and D types plus I think Dotson's wing rebounding could be really helpful in small ball units where KP is the Center (we'll need a concerted effort to attack the boards).

What's true value for Dotson? I mean, he was a 2nd rd pick :ld:

I'd prefer to keep him regardless of who is hired as head coach, but if we have an opportunity to dump some salary (pair him in a trade with Lee or Thomas) by moving him I'd take it tbh

And we've done well the past couple years in the 2nd rd (Willy, Dotson,etc), hopefully that trend continues

Plus we do have Troy Williams :ld::yeshrug:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Aye, Knicks brehs...

I love y'all, brehs.

The stress, passive aggressiveness and arguing is all worth it once shyt starts clicking.
2.gif

Thanks to @Brooklynzson , we have a forum community that's allowed us to have a space for a powerful Knicks discussion table.

:salute:
Why you gonna have to go and post that gif man. Life really do come at you fast:mjcry:
Trey for a pick? Lol c'mon breh :mjlol:

Ain't no team trading a pick for guy that started off the season in the G-League :comeon:

OTOH, some teams have expressed interest in Dotson. If we taking offers would like to see him dealt in a salary dump. Like Dotson + Lee or Thomas for an expiring and a 2nd :ld:. Would rather keep him, but if we can shed one of the albatross contracts we have Id be all for it :yeshrug:
Watch your mouth about Dotson bre, he staying here:ufdup:

Daps

I'd prefer to keep him regardless of who is hired as head coach, but if we have an opportunity to dump some salary (pair him in a trade with Lee or Thomas) by moving him I'd take it tbh

And we've done well the past couple years in the 2nd rd (Willy, Dotson,etc), hopefully that trend continues

Thomas maybe, but Lee should have enough value to move on his own. They won't do it, but I keep looking at Lee for Aldrich and that OKC 1st round pick Minnesota has. They should be able to get two second rounders for him, which is fine with me.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Why you gonna have to go and post that gif man. Life really do come at you fast:mjcry:

Watch your mouth about Dotson bre, he staying here:ufdup:

:hubie:

Dotson cool, would rather keep him, but if you can shed a dead weight contract + get a 2nd rder for him, thats fine by me

Old tweet, but if the Knicks plan on trading him away, best to do it in a deal where you can dump some salary and get a pick back

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
Trey for a pick? Lol c'mon breh :mjlol:

Ain't no team trading a pick for guy that started off the season in the G-League :comeon:

OTOH, some teams have expressed interest in Dotson. If we taking offers would like to see him dealt in a salary dump. Like Dotson + Lee or Thomas for an expiring and a 2nd :ld:. Would rather keep him, but if we can shed one of the albatross contracts we have Id be all for it :yeshrug:
:philjacksonlol: You gon’ fukk around and make my nikka @Ironman commit that.

:philjacksonlol::philjacksonlol::philjacksonlol:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Dotson cool, would rather keep him, but if you can shed a dead weight contract + get a 2nd rder for him, thats fine by me

Old tweet, but if the Knicks plan on trading him away, best to do it in a deal where you can dump some salary and get a pick back

im tired of hearing this "frank is a shooting guard" bullshyt
i expect our new coach to correct it tho
unless its blatt:snoop:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Thomas maybe, but Lee should have enough value to move on his own. They won't do it, but I keep looking at Lee for Aldrich and that OKC 1st round pick Minnesota has. They should be able to get two second rounders for him, which is fine with me.
So we’d be bringing Cole back?:mjlol: We trying to get the band back together. But real talk he was a serviceable big.

Only really bad contract is Noah imo and no one is taking it without some crazy incentives. Lee is tradeable on his own, Lance maybe.

Daps
So we’d be bringing Cole back?:mjlol: We trying to get the band back together. But real talk he was a serviceable big.

Only really bad contract is Noah imo and no one is taking it without some crazy incentives. Lee is tradeable on his own, Lance maybe.

:russ: Forgot he was here already. But nah, he's just a contract. One year left at 7 mil. Saves some salary

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

yeah we just gotta be patience
we can't undo phils fukk ups over night
most our contracts are off the books next season
thats why if kanter doesn't wanna opt in he can kick rocks in my opinion

o quinn is different, cause hes making pennies, and giving him a reasonable raise is affordable
but if we wants too much or we can get outbid he can kick rocks too:yeshrug: hes a dime a dozen

lee is easy to trade
noah should be bought out in march next season so he can go on a playoff run with another team, by then buyout will make more sense,

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Lance is not guaranteed after this season. Unless they really need the cap room I see them letting him expire

Maybe Im reading this wrong, apologies if I am.

But you mean next season right?

Lance has two years left on his deal, its the final yr thats non-guaranteed.

Regardless, moving him and creating room to play the young'uns is a win as long as you dont take back a deal that extends beyond next season

Not so sure about that :patrice::jbhmm:

Is he really? 32 y/o, 2 years left on his deal totaling 25 mill :ld: Might have to pair somethin with him if you not tryin to take any salary back (i.e, a contract that goes beyond next season)

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I'm with you on preferring to keep him and see how he grows as a sophomore. So true value would be getting a specific player we really want in the draft for him. For example last draft when Hartenstein was free falling, I could see moving a serviceable second rounder for something like that. I don't believe we'll need to dress up a Courtney Lee trade since he's on a fair contract. So a future second isn't a great value to me, but if it was an aggressive move for someone specific then they could sell me on it.

Last edited:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Maybe Im reading this wrong, apologies if I am.

But you mean next season right?

Lance has two years left on his deal, its the final yr thats non-guaranteed.

Regardless, moving him and creating room to play the young'uns is a win as long as you dont take back a deal that extends beyond next season

Not so sure about that :patrice::jbhmm:

Is he really? 32 y/o, 2 years left on his deal totaling 25 mill :ld: Might have to pair somethin with him if you not tryin to take any salary back (i.e, a contract that goes beyond next season)

Yeah his final year isn't guaranteed it's a team option. It makes sense to waive him next year