A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

Daps
coaching isnt the Knicks main problem. FO needs to make some better moves. first mistake was taking Ntilikina over DSj I was perplexed by that. Frank may be a good player but he isnt a true PG.

If Sexton is there thats the guy to go for to pair with Frank then take a chance on a wing in the 2nd round. or flip it and take a SF in the 1st and go for a PG in the 2nd, there will be plenty quality PG's in the 2nd round. or make some pick trades. there could be some good players in the 2nd round. Diallo is a guy I would definitely have my eye on.

Give me Frank over DSJ in the longrun. DSJ showed that he's one of the worst defensive point guards in the league and that could be an issue in the longrun. Frank was in the 90th percentile in pick and roll defense. That's nuts for one of the youngest players in the league. I worry about him scoring at the rim, but Frank comes off to me like a Jrue Holiday type player in time. Between him, Doston and KP, you have the foundation of a decent defense. If the Knicks can land Doncic, sure, you make the move and slide Frank over, but other than that? I'm giving him the chance to run a ton of pick and rolls and seeing what he can do as the lead guard next season.

As for Sexton, no thanks. He's not a good creator at all and where is his value coming from? He literally has to be Kemba Walker to be good in the league. Give me Mikal Bridges, Miles Bridges or even Shai over him. Nah on Diallo too. He's an athlete, not a basketball player. I rather have Shake Milton in round two.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Give me Frank over DSJ in the longrun. DSJ showed that he's one of the worst defensive point guards in the league and that could be an issue in the longrun. Frank was in the 90th percentile in pick and roll defense. That's nuts for one of the youngest players in the league. I worry about him scoring at the rim, but Frank comes off to me like a Jrue Holiday type player in time. Between him, Doston and KP, you have the foundation of a decent defense. If the Knicks can land Doncic, sure, you make the move and slide Frank over, but other than that? I'm giving him the chance to run a ton of pick and rolls and seeing what he can do as the lead guard next season.

As for Sexton, no thanks. He's not a good creator at all and where is his value coming from? He literally has to be Kemba Walker to be good in the league. Give me Mikal Bridges, Miles Bridges or even Shai over him. Nah on Diallo too. He's an athlete, not a basketball player. I rather have Shake Milton in round two.

I really like SGA but I'm not sure fans could deal with another defensive talent who needs to develop his PG skills. If a Frank/SGA combo worked out though, that'd be crazy defensively. On a trade down with say the Clippers, I'd be really interested in that.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Budenholzer, Fizdale and Blatt are the top three candidates. :ehh:
"Mark Jackson's candidacy hasn't gained much traction." :blessed:

:banderas: I wish Stackhouse was in the mix but I'm happy with any of these three being the choice. That's my top pick, third choice and fourth choice in the final three. It's too competent for the Knicks, some darkhorse is on the way or two thirds of this list will get offers and sign elsewhere before the Knicks finish up interviewing secret candidates :russ:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
:banderas: I wish Stackhouse was in the mix but I'm happy with any of these three being the choice. That's my top pick, third choice and fourth choice in the final three. It's too competent for the Knicks, some darkhorse is on the way or two thirds of this list will get offers and sign elsewhere before the Knicks finish up interviewing secret candidates :russ:
I’m telling you breh, Juwan Howard gonna fukk around and impress these dudes and finesse his way to a head coaching position here:mjgrin:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I’m telling you breh, Juwan Howard gonna fukk around and impress these dudes and finesse his way to a head coaching position here:mjgrin:
Seriously, though, what would ya'll say if it were Kenny Smith or juwan Howard?

:skip:

I honestly think I'd take a break off the Coli.

Last edited:
Daps
I really like SGA but I'm not sure fans could deal with another defensive talent who needs to develop his PG skills. If a Frank/SGA combo worked out though, that'd be crazy defensively. On a trade down with say the Clippers, I'd be really interested in that.

Agree. That's the only reason why I know he won't be picked. They need to give Frank all of those point guard minutes anyway. Trading back witht he Clippers would be interesting.

I'm sure they actually talked to him about the HC job, but I wonder if they looked at him as a potential top assistant option if they hired Fizdale.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Aye, Knicks brehs...

I love y'all, brehs.

The stress, passive aggressiveness and arguing is all worth it once shyt starts clicking.
2.gif

Thanks to @Brooklynzson , we have a forum community that's allowed us to have a space for a powerful Knicks discussion table.

:salute:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
SGA and Frank could be interesting.

I like Mikal too for His ability to play to 2/3.......

Also honestly if we could trade Trey for a pick

:jbhmm:
:whoa:

Nah, Trey has as many tools, if not more than, Shroeder.

Let Bud come through and truly turn him into the new Iverson.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
SGA and Frank could be interesting.

I like Mikal too for His ability to play to 2/3.......

Also honestly if we could trade Trey for a pick

:jbhmm:

Trey for a pick? Lol c'mon breh :mjlol:

Ain't no team trading a pick for guy that started off the season in the G-League :comeon:

OTOH, some teams have expressed interest in Dotson. If we taking offers would like to see him dealt in a salary dump. Like Dotson + Lee or Thomas for an expiring and a 2nd :ld:. Would rather keep him, but if we can shed one of the albatross contracts we have Id be all for it :yeshrug:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Trey for a pick? Lol c'mon breh :mjlol:

Ain't no team trading a pick for guy that started off the season in the G-League :comeon:

OTOH, some teams have expressed interest in Dotson. If we taking offers would like to see him dealt in a salary dump. Like Dotson + Lee or Thomas for an expiring and a 2nd :ld:. Would rather keep him, but if we can shed one of the albatross contracts we have Id be all for it :yeshrug:

If we sign Bud, I hold on to Dotson unless we're getting true value back. Bud has a knack for getting the most out of three and D types plus I think Dotson's wing rebounding could be really helpful in small ball units where KP is the Center (we'll need a concerted effort to attack the boards).