A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I just think they are keeping shyt close to their chest.

I think they are interviewing for a full staff. No way this is for just head coach.

I mean Juwan Howard? Get the fukk out of here.:russ::francis::picard::dwillhuh::patrice::what::snoop:

Yeah that's what I thought the minute I saw Howard's name in that tweet... Although could that be a sign that Fiz is actually the favorite? Isn't that his manz from his time in Miami? :patrice:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I just think they are keeping shyt close to their chest.

I think they are interviewing for a full staff. No way this is for just head coach.

I mean Juwan Howard? Get the fukk out of here.:russ::francis::picard::dwillhuh::patrice::what::snoop:

I was thinking maybe it's networking purposes. They're building good relationships with broadcasters, assistant coaches, future head coaches and members from quality management teams (Heat, C's, Spurs, Toronto are all well run). That's pure speculation of course.

Also side note, everyone's gotta be more open minded on Blatt. The praise in that post article is an echo of the praise he got before he got to Cleveland and what few insiders I do get to hear from periodically have implied that it's a legitimate consensus opinion you'll hear about him. I definitely put Bud and Stackhouse above him, but he's on the second tier with Fizdale.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watching that Jazz/OKC series made me appreciate what we have in KP even more, because even though Mitchell is getting a lot of credit for the Thunder winning, and Westbrook, George and Melo are getting most of the credit for the Thunder losing, Gobert was probably the mvp of the series; he basically altered the Thunder's whole offense whenever he was on the floor. OKC just didn't have the personnel to drag Gobert out towards the perimeter when they where on offense( and even if they did they needed Adams out there for defensive purposes) so the Thunder basically became a jump shooting team. It just reminded me that having a guy like KP who can space the floor at the 5 spot and still give you elite rim protection is so valuable, it makes him a bit of a counter to a guy like Gobert. KP's value goes beyond his stats, he's a matchup nightmare who makes his teammates better even without being a facilitator.

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
Watching that Jazz/OKC series made me appreciate what we have in KP even more, because even though Mitchell is getting a lot of credit for the Thunder winning, and Westbrook, George and Melo are getting most of the credit for the Thunder losing, Gobert was probably the mvp of the series; he basically altered the Thunder's whole offense whenever he was on the floor. OKC just didn't have the personnel to drag Gobert out towards the perimeter when they where on offense( and even if they did they needed Adams out there for defensive purposes) so the Thunder basically became a jump shooting team. It just reminded me that having a guy like KP who can space the floor at the 5 spot and still give you elite rim protection is so valuable, it makes him a bit of a counter to a guy like Gobert. KP's value goes beyond his stats, he's a matchup nightmare who makes his teammates better even without being a facilitator.

If we hire Bud, he'll max out KP's abilities

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
I was thinking maybe it's networking purposes. They're building good relationships with broadcasters, assistant coaches, future head coaches and members from quality management teams (Heat, C's, Spurs, Toronto are all well run). That's pure speculation of course.

Also side note, everyone's gotta be more open minded on Blatt. The praise in that post article is an echo of the praise he got before he got to Cleveland and what few insiders I do get to hear from periodically have implied that it's a legitimate consensus opinion you'll hear about him. I definitely put Bud and Stackhouse above him, but he's on the second tier with Fizdale.

The 2 places where Blatt's been a top candidate is because of his connections (Buddies with Gilbert, and Friends with Mills)

He comes off as stoic, no way he can relate to todays players or garner respect.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
If we hire Bud, he'll max out KP's abilities
And will probably introduce new responsibilities that kp never had ....like being more of a facilitator in the way he helped al horford develop those skills.
kp has shown flashes and ability of being a more than solid passer...the archaic offense we ran didnt allow him to exhibit that capability.
The same post ups that went to melo went right to kp and made him and the offense too predictable and one dimensional. long twos and shyt :scust:
just dump downs in the post with zero off ball movement and watching kp go to work :scust:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
All these coaches...... Like are they pulling a layden and using this as an excuse to travel of Dolan's dime:patrice: