surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh:

What is he?

he is an off guard. he struggled shooting when he was forced to be the primary handler. when Mudiay got there, his shooting % went up. he can be in the mold of Jrue. Harden is a solid PG but he is better also with a more traditional PG beside him. just because you have good vision doesnt make you a great PG. its how you are able to control the game.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I wouldn't Mind Blatt tbh. He did a good job in Cleveland.

He would be doing much better right now than Ty Lue that's for sure

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
Melo was sacrificed by the basketball gods tonight, brehs.

I felt sick to my stomach, but Melo's soul was Shang tsung'd.:mjcry:

I didn't want it to happen but...

64MK55.gif

May the gods bless our path by way of this mellow sacrifice.

:to:
if a nikka aint in the knicks orange and blue (:scust: at okcs colors) they dont matter to me...unless they brought something of substance to the franchise....a finals appearance...shyt even a conference finals
Getting a singular divisonal title or a scoring championship dont really mean jack shyt in the grand scheme
wish the best to melo however :yeshrug:
he is an off guard. he struggled shooting when he was forced to be the primary handler. when Mudiay got there, his shooting % went up. he can be in the mold of Jrue. Harden is a solid PG but he is better also with a more traditional PG beside him. just because you have good vision doesnt make you a great PG. its how you are able to control the game.
bro you literally have NO idea what you're talking about.
he doesnt have the necessary skillset as a young point guard to be an effective off guard. he's not great at catch and shoot yet and he doesnt have the moves to get his own shot without the use of a pick
I've watched him maneuver a pick and roll and seen the majority of his offensive aggression come with the use of a pick. whether hitting the roller with a pocket pass, or getting to 15 feet to get a shot off or hitting the swing pass
he disappears completely when he isnt running the offense.....its hard for him to run the offense when hornacek ran jarret jack out there for 35 minutes a night in a lost season right before we picked up 2 other point guards...one of which is really a scoring guard (burke) and the other is 3-4 years deep in the league and still lost. (mudiay)
comparing james harden like james is a true off ball player is hilarious. James shoots better in non-catch and shoot scenarios and leads his team in assists cause he always has the ball

this was franks best half of the season cause he was the lone point guard running the offense pretty effectively because he was exhibiting the only skills he's had so far as a 19 year old.
he was a traditional point guard in europe....just a big ass one.
foul trouble ruined this performance :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Frank was clearly better as a pg this season for all the reasons @ikbm just mentioned, he's a lot better there defensively too. He'll probably become a good player off of the ball eventually, and running him at the 2 spot occasionally is fine, but pg is the best position for him now and going forward most likely.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if a nikka aint in the knicks orange and blue (:scust: at okcs colors) they dont matter to me...unless they brought something of substance to the franchise....a finals appearance...shyt even a conference finals
Getting a singular divisonal title or a scoring championship dont really mean jack shyt in the grand scheme
wish the best to melo however :yeshrug:

bro you literally have NO idea what you're talking about.
he doesnt have the necessary skillset as a young point guard to be an effective off guard. he's not great at catch and shoot yet and he doesnt have the moves to get his own shot without the use of a pick
I've watched him maneuver a pick and roll and seen the majority of his offensive aggression come with the use of a pick. whether hitting the roller with a pocket pass, or getting to 15 feet to get a shot off or hitting the swing pass
he disappears completely when he isnt running the offense.....its hard for him to run the offense when hornacek ran jarret jack out there for 35 minutes a night in a lost season right before we picked up 2 other point guards...one of which is really a scoring guard (burke) and the other is 3-4 years deep in the league and still lost. (mudiay)
comparing james harden like james is a true off ball player is hilarious. James shoots better in non-catch and shoot scenarios and leads his team in assists cause he always has the ball

this was franks best half of the season cause he was the lone point guard running the offense pretty effectively because he was exhibiting the only skills he's had so far as a 19 year old.
he was a traditional point guard in europe....just a big ass one.
foul trouble ruined this performance :yeshrug:

fair enough breh, I didnt watch the Knicks much this season, just wondering why when I did watch he was playing off the ball. I didnt say Harden was off ball, but I like the way he and CP3 take turns running the offense. CP3 can play off ball too. I think Frank can be like Jrue but has to improve his shooting of course and I think he can be a nice combo guard but you think he can be a good PG. I'd like to see him with Sexton. maybe even Trae Young due to Frank's defensive abilities.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NY
Frank is better defensively RIGHT NOW at age 19 than half the NBA (if not more). No bullshyt. I'm perfectly fine with Frank over DSJ (Marbury 2.0) and no qualms about Frank over Mitchell tbh cause I HIGHLY DOUBT many people thought Mitchell would cook like this, much less his first season.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Frank is better defensively RIGHT NOW at age 19 than half the NBA (if not more). No bullshyt. I'm perfectly fine with Frank over DSJ (Marbury 2.0) and no qualms about Frank over Mitchell tbh cause I HIGHLY DOUBT many people thought Mitchell would cook like this, much less his first season.
This. This. This.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
fair enough breh, I didnt watch the Knicks much this season, just wondering why when I did watch he was playing off the ball. I didnt say Harden was off ball, but I like the way he and CP3 take turns running the offense. CP3 can play off ball too. I think Frank can be like Jrue but has to improve his shooting of course and I think he can be a nice combo guard but you think he can be a good PG. I'd like to see him with Cam Sexton. maybe even Trae Young due to Frank's defensive abilities.
frank might not have been ready to be the full time point guard...(he made a lot turnovers from lack of experience)... but there's no doubt in my mind he's a natural point guard. his size gives him versatility to let him play along side a smaller player...which is why they ran him at the two a lot. his skillset is point guard. as of right the only way he knows how to be effective on offense is to run pick and roll and generally run the offense....as do most point guards that come into the league.
I'm of the belief of throwing the kid into the fire especially when the season went off the rails...but hornacek is fired for a reason
half?
he was the #1 defender in the pick and roll :dead:

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Frank is better defensively RIGHT NOW at age 19 than half the NBA (if not more). No bullshyt. I'm perfectly fine with Frank over DSJ (Steve Francis 2.0) and no qualms about Frank over Mitchell tbh cause I HIGHLY DOUBT many people thought Mitchell would cook like this, much less his first season.

Fixed. But valid nonetheless

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
Steve Francis with superior coaching in pace and space scheme's rather than relying on the isoball of the 00s, especially when paired with a floor spacing superstar 5 :ohlawd: >>>

You nikkas gonna learn the hardaway though :guccismile:.