A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL

If they start Grant from the beginning of the year, the Thunder would've had the first or second best defense in the league. Grant, George, Roberson, and Adams is a hard line up to score on. Grant got lowkey better since coming to the Thunder, which is why I said he should be a target for the Knicks a couple of months ago. Not a lot of eyes on him so he could be signed for the low too.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
If they start Grant from the beginning of the year, the Thunder would've had the first or second best defense in the league. Grant, George, Roberson, and Adams is a hard line up to score on. Grant got lowkey better since coming to the Thunder, which is why I said he should be a target for the Knicks a couple of months ago. Not a lot of eyes on him so he could be signed for the low too.

Heard he added that corner three to his arsonal as well. Perfect 4 next to KP...

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti

Heard he added that corner three to his arsonal as well. Perfect 4 next to KP...

Grant's one of those dudes I've always liked when I see him play but never paid close enough attention to really dig in on his potential. He definitely has tools and a style I like especially if we can get him for an exception.

Grant, Noel, and hell even Hezonja who I'm personally ambivalent on, are much better FA targets to go after then Parker/Randle/Gordon

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Grant, Noel, and hell even Hezonja who I'm personally ambivalent on, are much better FA targets to go after then Parker/Randle/Gordon

I wanna see Gordon's price tag...there's a player there with the right coach but I think it'll be too costly to take a shot on him. Hezonja and Noel have been my main two of interest bc I think they'll be cheap, but Grant can enter that convo too. Then again, I thought Tony Snell would be a cheap option this time last year.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I would love J. Grant to be signed.

How much would ya pay, though?

The whole 18 that's we are hoping Kanter gives up? Less?

More?:lupe:

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
I wanna see Gordon's price tag...there's a player there with the right coach but I think it'll be too costly to take a shot on him. Hezonja and Noel have been my main two of interest bc I think they'll be cheap, but Grant can enter that convo too. Then again, I thought Tony Snell would be a cheap option this time last year.

It's unlikely that any of the trio of Gordon/Randle/Parker sees less than 15 mill per annum.

OTOH, a lot of teams FO's spent frivolously the past two off-seasons, especially in 2016. As a result, a lot of teams don't even have cap space this off-season, added into the fact there is no raise in the salary cap this summer, its reasonable to presume a lot of teams being tightwads especially towards role players. The trio I mentioned above are right on the cusp of all-star like players or already borderline all-stars + they're young, they gettin paid. Noel, Hezonja, Grant, Kyle Anderson, & those of that ilk, there was a time where a couple of these dudes might get overpaid by a foolish and/or desperate front office; most teams just dont have that kind of financial flexibility to take a risk like that this summer so those guys should remain relatively cheap. Sucks for them, bodes well for us though :manny:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Kanters 18, trading Lee (about 12 mill) for no money back and O Quinn opting out at 4 mill would give us about 30 plus million. I’d give Jerami a four year deal starting at 10 per. Hezonja and Noel would have to settle for 1 year deals at 5-8 million. We’d probably have to let O Quinn walk cause there wouldn’t be roster space.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

why are you doing this? lol:dwillhuh:
we are peacefully talking bout who we should hire as a new coach
leave melo alone unless you want some fireworks in here:aicmon:

Be thankful for the great performances and playoff appearances and keep it moving:camby:

we all no hes washed now, let okc fans complain if anything.

Knick fans are required to put some respeck on his name:birdman:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Id pay 8-10 mil a year for him. OKC will be in salary cap hell so i dont think they match, and i dont think hell get offered more than 10 mil a year from anyone else.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
why are you doing this? lol:dwillhuh:
we are peacefully talking bout who we should hire as a new coach
leave melo alone unless you want some fireworks in here:aicmon:

Be thankful for the great performances and playoff appearances and keep it moving:camby:

we all no hes washed now, let okc fans complain if anything.

Knick fans are required to put some respeck on his name:birdman:

Melo my man bruh. Favorite player ever. This decline is breaking my heart. That post was strictly about how i want Jerami Grant this summer.