A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
Bud would and should be the hire for you guys. He's literally what you want at this time..somewhat accomplished, modern system and player development. Exactly what you need when you are rebuilding with young players. Plus he wants the job.

I havent seen yall talk about him in this thread but spurs assistant James Borrego was interviewed also and is close to Perry.

Borrego, 41, is considered one of the top young assistant coaches in the NBA, and his time together with Perry with the Orlando Magic has played a part in his ability to interview for the Knicks' job. Borrego made a strong impression on Perry in a 30-game stint as interim head coach in the 2014-15 season.
Borrego was the runner-up to Fizdale in the Memphis Grizzlies' search process two years ago and made a strong impression on the Houston Rockets in meetings before they hired Mike D'Antoni. Borrego has turned down college head-coaching opportunities to remain on coach Gregg Popovich's staff and pursue the chance to be an NBA head coach.

Hope yall dont fukk this up tho and not choose Bud :ufdup:

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
You’d get CJ to pair WITH Frank, or else we have the exact same problem Portland did. CJ isn’t a pg so you’re going to start him next to Trey Burke.

THIS.

EXACTLY.

Deal makes abt as much sense as the trade rumors of KP for Kawhi. You pair up a guy like Kawhi with KP, you dont swap one for the other, its a lateral move at best if you do something like that.

Moving Frank for CJ gives us the same issue Portland has currently, undersized backcourt that only plays one side of the ball. Plus, you'd have the additional issue of what to do with THJr, either he becomes an undersized 3 or an overpaid 6th man. Bad deal all around.

#9 pick, THJr, Dotson, and a future 2nd for CJ....

Or

#9 pick, THJr, Mudiay (expiring deal), and a future 2nd for CJ

Fairer deals all around. Portland gets youth & some cap flexibility, we get a top flight SG in his prime, clear out some of our backcourt logjam, and still get to keep Frank.

Last edited:

Canon

Veteran
Daps
what you guys think about that celtics assistant coach they interviewed?

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
I really like Mccollum but I also see Bamba falling to 9 on some mocks...It's a tough call for me. I love Mccollum's game but I'm enamored with the idea of our defense with a Frank/Mikal wing tandem or KP/Bamba front court.

Yet in those same mocks Wendell Carter is routinely top 6/7. But Bamba falls all the way to 8/9 :dwillhuh::why::mindblown:

Lol I don't get it. I've come around to understand how Carter can be top 10 but I can't be convinced he's top 6 or 7 in this draft. Just don't see it :shaq2:

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti

I'm curious as to what it is that has him excited to be here:ohhh:fukk it do it Perry!!:damn::damn::damn::damn:

Only thing that gives me slight pause/worry to this is that since Bud is available, they scrap the rebuild plans and make "win now" moves to placate a coach who (allegedly) wants to win now. That would be a bad, ill-advised poor choice. Not only does our own history state this doesn't work but look around the league at teams that are contending/been in contention in the past, most of those teams cores have been built through the draft. Notable exception is the Bron Heatles era, but even then they still had Wade + cap flexibility to make something like that possible.

It's my hope that Bud just had a falling out with Atl mgmt, and wants to go somewhere that he won't be chewed for late season wins in a lost season.
Also my hope that the moves we make are to shed salary, and we hit on this draft and the next (2019), and thru those moves we have a solid core that can compete & contend with the top teams of the near future.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only thing that gives me slight pause/worry to this is that since Bud is available, they scrap the rebuild plans and make "win now" moves to placate a coach who (allegedly) wants to win now. That would be a bad, ill-advised poor choice. Not only does our own history state this doesn't work but look around the league at teams that are contending/been in contention in the past, most of those teams cores have been built through the draft. Notable exception is the Bron Heatles era, but even then they still had Wade + cap flexibility to make something like that possible.

It's my hope that Bud just had a falling out with Atl mgmt, and wants to go somewhere that he won't be chewed for late season wins in a lost season.
Also my hope that the moves we make are to shed salary, and we hit on this draft and the next (2019), and thru those moves we have a solid core that can compete & contend with the top teams of the near future.
I dont think budd necesarily wants to win right now. I think the Hawk situation turned him off because he could see what they were becomming, and he got a demotion.

We have a few pieces and have plans to make a free agent splash in the near future. I think he just wants to be on a team that has a direction and a plan, something the Hawks used to be i guess . If he wanted to win next season, we wouldnt even be on his list .

I wouldnt mind the hire. I Still want fitz tho

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I dont think budd necesarily wants to win right now. I think the Hawk situation turned him off because he could see what they were becomming, and he got a demotion.

We have a few pieces and have plans to make a free agent splash in the near future. I think he just wants to be on a team that has a direction and a plan, something the Hawks used to be i guess . If he wanted to win next season, we wouldnt even be on his list .

I wouldnt mind the hire. I Still want fitz tho

Yeah, I think the winning thing comes down to Bud getting yelled at for winning games with 25 year olds late (not confirmed but the Woj story fits like a glove). He has to realize that this team is in the tank no matter what happens at minimum until KP is back. So I'm guessing he just realizes the Knicks have to make their splash before they supermax KP.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yet in those same mocks Wendell Carter is routinely top 6/7. But Bamba falls all the way to 8/9 :dwillhuh::why::mindblown:

Lol I don't get it. I've come around to understand how Carter can be top 10 but I can't be convinced he's top 6 or 7 in this draft. Just don't see it :shaq2:

Weird ish happens when the combine and workouts go down, so I'm sure there's gonna be a LOT of changes. We just need one gm enamored with Carter and another enamored with Young; then someone really promising is getting to our spot.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Weird ish happens when the combine and workouts go down, so I'm sure there's gonna be a LOT of changes. We just need one gm enamored with Carter and another enamored with Young; then someone really promising is getting to our spot.

Orlando & Cleveland :jbhmm:

+

Sac f'in up their pick :mjgrin:

=

Draft day win for us :blessed: (provided we dont move up, but if we did :krs::wow:)

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
You know something James Marceda pointed out on his podcast that i was thinking loosely but ignored... We haven’t been hearing any negative leaks come out of the front office yet. All the interviews that have been taken place and all we’ve heard were Fiz and Stack made big impressions and Bud may be the front runner. Nothing about Mark Jackson or Kenny Smith with.

Might be a new day for real this time... :to:

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Yeah, I think the winning thing comes down to Bud getting yelled at for winning games with 25 year olds late (not confirmed but the Woj story fits like a glove). He has to realize that this team is in the tank no matter what happens at minimum until KP is back. So I'm guessing he just realizes the Knicks have to make their splash before they supermax KP.

:patrice:

That better be a heavily insured & incentivized deal :usure:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
You know something James Marceda pointed out on his podcast that i was thinking loosely but ignored... We haven’t been hearing any negative leaks come out of the front office yet. All the interviews that have been taken place and all we’ve heard were Fiz and Stack made big impressions and Bud may be the front runner. Nothing about Mark Jackson or Kenny Smith with.

Might be a new day for real this time... :to:
Don't get your hopes up because there will be a lot of hurt feelings in this thread (including mine) when David Blatt walks through that door :francis:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Still early... i expect a lot of change when players start working out for teams.