A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If you can get Bud for cash considerations, you take him and don't look back. Proven track record developing players; took talented teams and managed to take them as far as I think one could fairly expect; comes from a coaching tree that many of us wanted a coach out of; wants to be here; and holds players accountable...Idc if it knocks us out of picking in the top 5 next season, long term I think getting this level of coach in the building would be as beneficial if not more.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Welp after watching this Cavs game I feel pretty secure in the knowledge the Cavs are going to draft a big man......
:ehh:
Their rebounding is garbage. :hhh:

22 days and counting until the lottery brehs.

Also if they hire bud the thread title got to be "Legalize Bud in NY. The 2018 - 2019 Knicks Thread"

Uh oh...

Bud, the top coaching prospect, doesn't want to lose games breh...

He's the next to get crucified because there is something wrong with a team trying hard in their profession.:ohhh:

Don't sign him I guess.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
So if it between Bud(considering we don’t have to give up a pick) and Stackhouse, who are y’all taking?

Despite all that talk I can't see us not having to come up off a pick at least for Bud.... I'm for Stackhouse, surround him with some solid, experienced assistants and let's :eat:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So if it between Bud(considering we don’t have to give up a pick) and Stackhouse, who are y’all taking?

Gimme Bud. He has a proven NBA track record of both player development and winning (I'd argue he had talented ATL teams but overachieved with them regardless). I like Stack but there's an unknown factor. Plus you look at what Bud got out of THJ and consider how he was able to maximize Milsap (translate that to what he could possibly do with KP)...man I really like the idea a LOT.

gdatruth

Superstar
Daps
So Budenholzer doesn’t wanna stay in Atlanta because he doesn’t wanna endure more losing but he’s fine with going to NY to do the same shyt?

Either he’s full of shyt or y’all fans are not gonna have a process to trust

If things break right the Knicks could be on the upswing after the next season. In ATL they maybe rebuilding for the next 3-5 years. He was in ATL when they were at their best and I could see why stomaching a rebuild now would be tough especially after he was effectively been demoted.

But in all honesty most coaches would rather be in NY vs ATL all things being equal. Its gotta suck to have play in front of fans that don’t care, don’t show up or don’t root for the home team. Plus its NY & the Garden

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Uh oh...

Bud, the top coaching prospect, doesn't want to lose games breh...

He's the next to get crucified because there is something wrong with a team trying hard in their profession.:ohhh:

Don't sign him I guess.

My sarcasm sense is tingling :spidy:

However, you took the words right out of my mouth

:yeshrug:

Ain't even about tanking next year. Quiet as kept it's about them not overachieving by riding the backs of vets. This was the year they should of tanked. Next year just get someone to develop the youth.

:sshhhh:

Don't let it get out but my opinion changes depending on the realities of the situation.........

:howobama:

Stackhouse. We are on the NO team trajectory unless we get KP some help. Which is sort of the old Dirk trajectory was, but Dolan ain't no Cuban to pay to figure it out. Also Lebron is thinking about joining Philly and we got youth to develop. You got to see the signs on the wall and adapt..... word to Keyser Söze. Jeff wanted to win games too and look what he did to try and do it......

Also I can't say no to #blackexcellence if it's a possibility as well
:obsuccess:

Last edited:

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
So he saying he wouldn’t mind coming as an assistant huh?

Also Bud want the job, I can see the Hawks trying to take us for all we got because of that reason.

Strickland would be an excellent person to have on staff to help our guards, particularly Frank and Tim. Just imagine how both of these guys would improve with better handles :wow::ohlawd:

As for Bud, I'd 100% support him being hired as the head coach as long as it doesn't cost draft picks. It's looking more and more likely that Bud was the coach berated by the owner for not tanking properly (Tanking stories from Woj: Owner ‘berated’ coach for late-season win), they beat both the Wiz & Celtics on the road during the last week of the season.

If anything, its the Hawks that should owe us a pick for relieving them of a financial obligation their brass no longer wishes to fulfill. Pay out the rest of the contract along with additional cash considerations, if Hawks want more than that then :camby:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why hasnt this been posted:mjpls:

“I grew as a coach during my time with him and looking back it was totally my fault. I didn’t understand – at the time it was difficult to understand the pressures of being a head coach in this league. I could have done a better job of supporting him,” Scalabrine told The News, adding later, “I could have done a much better job of handling my situation. No question about it. I was young — the youngest bench coach and assistant in the NBA. I didn’t understand the pressures of being a head coach. There’s a lot of things I could’ve done better. And also I could’ve handled it better when I eventually got out. For me, it was a good opportunity. It was a really good growing experience for me. Mark made me a better coach.”

Atleast he admits it :mjpls:

Doesnt fit the Mark Jackson is an paranoid a$$hole narrative tho :sas2: