A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Is there a possibility that either Bridges could be as good as Victor Oladipo?:whew:
That run up jumper Oladipo mastered is one of the most unguardable moves in the NBA today.

:wow:
Something tells me Stack is gonna wind up in Charlotte; close to home and all that... I hope Perry can convince him to rock with us.
The Knicks job is a lot more appealing I’d think.

Charlotte is a treadmill team. They are paying big $ to Nicolas Batum and Marvin Williams for the next 2-3 years and Kemba has been in trade discussions.

:patrice:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Brehs,

Y'all know I'm one of those "optimistic" Knicks fans; I fall in love w/ our players and all that...

I love Frank and I want him to do well. That being said, and I hate to give even an inch to the doomsday "I told you the knicks fukked up!" brehs, that boy Donovan Mitchell is really the only person who makes me wish I could build a time machine.

But it's still Frank over everything,:wow:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Brehs,

Y'all know I'm one of those "optimistic" Knicks fans; I fall in love w/ our players and all that...

I love Frank and I want him to do well. That being said, and I hate to give even an inch to the doomsday "I told you the knicks fukked up!" brehs, that boy Donovan Mitchell is really the only person who makes me wish I could build a time machine.

I was thinking the same thing last night, but then I thought of not having Frank. It’s crazy how a bunch of people skipped over Mitchell.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti

IF true, this is a bit of a relief tbh. Hiring him gives me vibes of that Larry Brown fiasco, coach with a long distinguished background comes back for a reunion with the Knicks, only for it to flame out disastrously and his legacy forever tainted. Couldn't take that :sadcam:, Van Gundy deserves better :mjcry::to:

Last edited:

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Brehs,

Yeah, DSJ isn't the dude we missed out on, it was D-Mitch. To be fair, a lot of other teams missed out on him too, as well as Kuzma.

Hopefully Frank pans out in such way that it won't be something we fret over too much.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti

Even though I don't want either, I can kinda make sense out of a retread rehire of JVG or Mike Woodson. I cant for the life of me understand the appeal of Mark Jackson.

Mark Jax hasnt been a Knick in close to 30 years, hasnt lived in NY in over 20 yrs :skip: If they going to go the retread route there's better options than Mark available :martin:

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stackhouse is the pick.

Young, has good X and O's, and knows how to develop and relate to players. If his toughness and demeanor as a player translates over to coaching, he'll have this team playing hard every night and possibly overachieving.

IMO he embodies everything yall say you want in the next coach. I'm not that high on Jay Wright. College coach success doesn't always translate to the pro's. Calipari and Pitino were once hot names from college and didn't do shyt in the NBA.

I'd only go with Fizdale if Stack passes. I think he's benefitting from a lil boost package right now. Not sure what's so impressive about him.

JVG is right where he belongs. Broadcasting. Stick with that Jeff you had your run.

Mark Jackson was once my guy pre-Hornacek but all this slander (true or not) coming out about him in Golden State he'd never get a fair shot in NY. Too bad Kenny Atkinson is doing well in BK. I'd accept Mark there as a head coach.

I wouldn't mind seeing Woody back......as Stackhouse lead assistant. I'm pretty sure Mills and Perry are gonna hire a brother for head coach. I think Woody would make a good OG for the young gunna Jerry.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Jerry Stackhouse in New York to interview for Knicks’ head coach

Really good article on the coaching search. Van Gundy isn't a candidate. Stackhouse interviewed first, Fizdale, M. Jackson, and Woody will interview Wednesday and later this week, Blatt gets his interviewlater this week or next week. Part of me wonders/hopes if some of these later interviews are for Head Assistant coaching positions with high salaries. Like Blatt, M.Jackson, and Woody could all use some help to get them their next HC'ing gig on a NBA bench and even if they don't get the job this got their name in the potential HC hiring pool. Stackhouse is a little bit new and a vet HC could definitely act as a rolemodel while he gets use to the job.

Jay Wright hasn't been mentioned since the story dropped so I wouldn't be surprised if they made initial contact and got turned down.

We need Cavs and Magic to take Sexton and Young before it's our turn.

I feel like Orlando will take one of those two definitely, Cavs need a rim protector and a PG. So its in their air, Knicks might want Mikal, but they would be stupid to have made up their minds prior to the work outs.