A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Doubly why it's important (IMO) to trade Lee for an expiring + 1st and take on an expiring along with a 1st with that 19 mil space.

Depending how aggressive Denver wanna be, Faried [$13.7 mil] (who they're trying to move on from) + a 1st for Lee, or just to dump on us for out of our $19 mil cap space.

This one really intrigues me - Washington dumps Gortat [$13.56] + 1st to us so they can have the room to go after Boogie Cousins. Win-Win for both. We can use Gortat while KP is out, flip at the deadline to a contending team. Or at least pick up the 1st.

Other trade targets on their last year of their deals as potential dumps: Terrence Ross, Wilson Chandler.

Best case going into 2019 draft - our 1st, 1-2 additional 1sts + cap space. Can be aggressive at the draft.

I rather they add more talent to the roster in a RFA, but I wouldn't be angry if they did what you suggested for a pick. I like them having that option which isn't the norm for the Knicks.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Honestly, he's too injury prone but I'm intrigued at the idea of Jabari Parker as the 1A or #2 option next to KP.

:patrice:...........

........Nah :hubie:He is intriguing, but as you said, too injury prone. Though Parker is much younger, he gives me memories & vibes of McDyess & Amare Stoudemire, young burly forward thats freakishly athletic but has health issues. Yeah, not trying to take that type of gamble again. Hard pass.

Daps
Hornacek and Rambis finally gone???? :gladbron::wow::blessed:

It's about time :myknickanikka:

I hope we bring in Fiz or Stack but wouldn't mind Wright either. Now I just hope we can get Mikal but with our luck... :francis:

With Kp being out for the first 3 or so months we should have a better pick next year so we can finally have a foundation set and get shyt rolling :ehh:
:kaeplaugh::jaylaugh::nascigar:
:blessed:

Last edited:
Daps
If Kanter opts out and they let all the FA walk they would have 19 mil in cap space

:ehh:

Also would have max money next year (2019) too
:jbhmm:

Imagine the future.....

Frank
Mikal
Kawhi/Butler
Randle
KP

6th man
Timmy

Give Philly and Boston that work:blessed:
Swap out Frank for Burke and starter. Bench Bootyiay or give him to D leagues and I'd agree.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Swap out Frank for Burke and starter. Bench Bootyiay or give him to D leagues and I'd agree.

Yeah I should have put Tim and Burke as a 1/2 Michigan bench. Honestly I like the idea of him and Frank sharing heavy minutes at PG and sets where Frank moves to the SG and he plays PG.

Daps
Reppin
NY
I rather they add more talent to the roster in a RFA, but I wouldn't be angry if they did what you suggested for a pick. I like them having that option which isn't the norm for the Knicks.

RFA/UFA market is kinda eh to me. I like Nerlens Noel a lot and think he could fit nicely and that's someone I'd go hard after, but then there's someone like Will Barton who I like but kind of redundant (another guard) and we're already locked into THJR financially.

I like Jerami Grant and Kyle Anderson for a new SF but think Grant would cost us more than he's worth and Anderon re-ups with San Antonio.
:patrice:...........

........Nah :hubie:He is intriguing, but as you said, too injury prone. Though Parker is much younger, he gives me memories & vibes of McDyess & Amare Stoudemire, young burly forward thats freakishly athletic but has health issues. Yeah, not trying to take that type of gamble again. Hard pass.

Nah, I agree, we're not in a position to gamble anymore hoping a risk works out. Parker would likely command 10+ mil a year. That's a lot to tie into a player who's another knee injury away from being dunzo. Just sucks cause the talent and upside is still there and the fit would be ideal IMO.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I just gave you actual facts. like actual things that happened....not some buttering up rhetoric to make him not feel bad about being let go
nba teams dont jump from good to all time levels of elite without major increases in talent. from 6 seeds to competing for titles doesnt happen in the nba with just coaching ever.
its an indictment on how much better a coach kerr is compared to mark jackson.
mark probably would have went right back to starting david lee cause of his loyalty to veterans.
they went from losing to the clippers in 7 games to eviscerating them every time they faced off against them. :mjlol:
They would have went further in the playoffs under kerr :hubie:

I don't want Jackson anywhere near the Knicks, Kerr is above and beyond a better coach. Kerr implementing a stretched out/modern Triangle played to Klay's, Curry and Draymond's strengths. There is no damn way Jackson was going to use Draymond as a stretch 4/secondary ball handler when that plays a large part in GSW's success.

Last edited:

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
RFA/UFA market is kinda eh to me. I like Nerlens Noel a lot and think he could fit nicely and that's someone I'd go hard after, but then there's someone like Will Barton who I like but kind of redundant (another guard) and we're already locked into THJR financially.

I like Jerami Grant and Kyle Anderson for a new SF but think Grant would cost us more than he's worth and Anderon re-ups with San Antonio.

Nah, I agree, we're not in a position to gamble anymore hoping a risk works out. Parker would likely command 10+ mil a year. That's a lot to tie into a player who's another knee injury away from being dunzo. Just sucks cause the talent and upside is still there and the fit would be ideal IMO.

Barton :mjlol:

He fits the NY Knick SG archetype to a T :pachaha:

Talented, can score, but commits a lot of knuckle headed plays (turnovers at the worst times, dumb fouls, bad shots, etc) to go along with the positive attributes of his game. Will shoot you out of a game just as easily as he can can carry you to a win with his scoring.

Having said all that, would swap him for Timmy in a heartbeat :francis:, but both on the same team :picard:

Yeah, def agree this market is a little underwhelming but there a couple of low risk, high reward types that shouldnt cost too much that might be worth takin a flyer on

Just hope they dont outbid themselves for anyone and let Kanter walk if he opts out, they should be fine

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Is that good?

Yeah man on the low its actually a pretty damn good fit.

He focuses on defense/rebounding and is a developmental coach who gets along with his players.

9 times out of 10 he is going to be hired by some team this summer, and it makes sense too why the Knicks fired Hornecek so they could have a legit chance at him.

Also there is a theme of black excellence in the FO and Jerry Stackhouse matches that.