A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
fizdale, stack, and blatt should be the front runners.
mark jackson dont give a fukk about analytics.
he was forced to adopt the modern game with 2 of the greatest shooters to touch basketball and still underachieved :dead:

I think Stackhouse is gonna wind up being the hot name on the market. He sounds like a really nice fit with everything they're saying from what I've read and I'm pretty sure I saw that the Magic are interested too. Hell of a press conference from these dudes overall, reassuring for the time being.

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
We’re winning the Lottery brehs...

:blessed:
This what I’m talking bout, everything seem to be going our way today. We just hearing nothing but good things; Kanter possibly opting out, the right identity for a coach, they’re looking at the right people. To think all we had to do was sacrifice Hornacek and Rambis to the basketball gods to sate thy hunger
eevl.gif

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fizdale, stack, and blatt should be the front runners.
mark jackson dont give a fukk about analytics.
he was forced to adopt the modern game with 2 of the greatest shooters to touch basketball and still underachieved :dead:
He didn't under achieve lol stop this

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
He didn't under achieve lol stop this
oh, back to back seasons of finishing as the 6th seed and relatively early playoff exits including losing to the clippers in 7 games....only for steve kerr to come in and instill a real offense to maximize the potential of the roster and win a championship and then 73 games in a season with virtually the same roster :dead:
never using draymond to his maximum potential while riding the heels of a washed up david lee
running the "elevator" as the only offensive play to draw up 3 point shots. nikka would call that play 10 times a game :dead:
Bro you skim through the games.
I have no idea what it is that has you people enamored with that pastor
he did underachieve with the talent we now know he had.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
oh, back to back seasons of finishing as the 6th seed and relatively early playoff exits including losing to the clippers in 7 games....only for steve kerr to come in and instill a real offense to maximize the potential of the roster and win a championship and then 73 games in a season with virtually the same roster :dead:
never using draymond to his maximum potential while riding the heels of a washed up david lee
running the "elevator" as the only offensive play to draw up 3 point shots. nikka would call that play 10 times a game :dead:
Bro you skim through the games.
I have no idea what it is that has you people enamored with that pastor
he did underachieve with the talent we now know he had.
Kerr himself said mark jackson laid the Foundation
Curry credits him for a lot of his success and fought with management to keep him on Board.

These arent my words or opinions, its well documented jackson played a huge part in what golden state is today lol
Sayin they underachieved doesnt make sense.they were a young developing team that was continuing to improve

puggle

Superstar
Daps
Most of the front offices in all the major sports want a head coach they can control these days as an extension of the front office so I’ll be really surprised if Jackson gets another head coaching job in the NBA because he wasn’t that receptive to a hands on management approach in GS.

Anyway I’m not sure why the Knicks have to be the team to give him a lifeline, I mean I think of him as a Pacer just as much as a Knick and they didn’t even consider him for a head coaching job when they had an opening. If the fans want a former great to lead them back to glory, tell Dolan to bring back Ewing.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

This is actually really encouraging to read. And to piggyback off Woj's report last night - a good sign for Stackhouse.

That modern-day approach is what I want to hear and someone that actually gels with players:ooh:Stackhouse or Fizdale then right?? Possibly Wright if he's down:ohlawd:It's coming together yall we just need Kanter, Lee, Lance Gotdammnit Thomas, and Noah to:camby:

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Kerr himself said mark jackson laid the Foundation
Curry credits him for a lot of his success to jackson and fought with management to keep him on Board.

These arent my words or opinions, its well documented jackson played a huge part in what golden state is today lol
Sayin they underachieved doesnt make sense.they were a young developing team that was continuing to improve
You can say all of these things. still underachieved. he can lay the foundation all he wanted. they werent gonna win a championship with him
stop sugarcoating
Do you just want a foundational coach?
"young team" steph curry was in his 4th and 5th year.
Klay was in his 3rd and 4th year.
draymond was in his second year not getting burn cause he was faithful to david lee.
you wanna crown him to not having a fraction of the success steve kerr did...do that.
Before kerr got there...was stephen curry an mvp candidate...let alone a unanimous one?
He's not a good coach. I'm done with this.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can say all of these things. still underachieved. he can lay the foundation all he wanted. they werent gonna win a championship with him
stop sugarcoating
Do you just want a foundational coach?
"young team" steph curry was in his 4th and 5th year.
Klay was in his 3rd and 4th year.
draymond was in his second year not getting burn cause he was faithful to david lee.
you wanna crown him to not having a fraction of the success steve kerr did...do that.
Before kerr got there...was stephen curry an mvp candidate...let alone a unanimous one?
He's not a good coach. I'm done with this.

again, thats your opinion. the players who actually know and played for him think otherwise:mjlol:

kerr was playing david lee as well until he got hurt so i don't no where your going with that.

are you telling the teams mark jackson coached in golden state were championship teams and if steve was the coach instead they woulda won championships those years:dead:

u got a personal dislike towards him which is cool, but im just speaking facts

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
again, thats your opinion. the players who actually know and played for him think otherwise:mjlol:

kerr was playing david lee as well until he got hurt so i don't no where your going with that.

are you telling the teams mark jackson coached in golden state were championship teams and if steve was the coach instead they woulda won championships those years:dead:

u got a personal dislike towards him which is cool, but im just speaking facts
I just gave you actual facts. like actual things that happened....not some buttering up rhetoric to make him not feel bad about being let go
nba teams dont jump from good to all time levels of elite without major increases in talent. from 6 seeds to competing for titles doesnt happen in the nba with just coaching ever.
its an indictment on how much better a coach kerr is compared to mark jackson.
mark probably would have went right back to starting david lee cause of his loyalty to veterans.
they went from losing to the clippers in 7 games to eviscerating them every time they faced off against them. :mjlol:
They would have went further in the playoffs under kerr :hubie: