A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@storyteller thanks for the reply.

I understand everything you've said.

I will say I disagree that if a better coach(better as in tune with defensive accountability & player development) was coaching this team, that they'd have a worse record, however.

I feel kind of uncomfortable with elephant in the room - that many people are arguing from a point of having their cake and eating it, too with respect to focused criticism. Wanting good young talent to play while also demanding orchestrated losses.

People expressed a serious issue with the result of the Dotson game as if the win was a failure by the organization. Same with the 9 man roster of the last game. And I've been able to tell between sarcasm and brehs who legit are upset about Horn letting that happen.

Not to be unfair, though, I'm not saying that there weren't many valid criticisms of the FO and, especially, Horn, but I'm not convinced that if, next year, we are competing(I feel disgusted using this word in re this topic) for lottery position the Tank Bros. are going to be comfortable and accepting of a Fizdale, Wright or Stackhouse actually getting the most out of the roster and letting their young roster compete for 48 minutes which will cost us draft position.

I am still curious if next season we have 10 games left and 2 games separate us from drafting a top 10 pick, what do they want our next coach to do in the situation that we have a returning KP with no minutes restriction and healthy talented young guys...

Again, I'm STILL trying to wrap my head around what it means to be for the tank.
i had no problem with the knicks winnning earlier in the season
i knew it wouldn't last but it was fun to watch
however, when they play like shyt for january, february, and march, it makses me sick when the coach and the players put on this " we gotta play with pride" shyt when the season is already over
play with pride in january february and march when it counts. If its april, and we are 30 games below 500, just keep playing how you've been playing lol

dotson performance was nice to watch, but he could of had that ALOT earlier if he was given a chance by horn in the first place. Several ppl in here were lobbying for dotson to get some playing time.

But horn waits for game 80 or whatever to put him in and den he explodes to our detriment

horn didn;t give a fukk about future picks because he knew he was gonna get fired

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
@storyteller thanks for the reply.

I understand everything you've said.

I will say I disagree that if a better coach(better as in tune with defensive accountability & player development) was coaching this team, that they'd have a worse record, however.

I feel kind of uncomfortable with elephant in the room - that many people are arguing from a point of having their cake and eating it, too with respect to focused criticism. Wanting good young talent to play while also demanding orchestrated losses.

Much respect but I think this is a mischaracterization of the majority of Knicks fans. Knicks fans wanted a full season of good young talent playing and letting the chips fall where they may. We didn't get that until after the ASB which is past the halfway point of the entire season. It's not about orchestrating losses, it's about playing the young guys which at least early on would organically cause losses. Sticking to that all season, if they ended up with a worse pick then so be it. At least the record is a result of our youth. What we got was a vast majority of the wins on this record being the result of vets, many whom won't fit our timeline.

People expressed a serious issue with the result of the Dotson game as if the win was a failure by the organization. Same with the 9 man roster of the last game. And I've been able to tell between sarcasm and brehs who legit are upset about Horn letting that happen.

Not to be unfair, though, I'm not saying that there weren't many valid criticisms of the FO and, especially, Horn, but I'm not convinced that if, next year, we are competing(I feel disgusted using this word in re this topic) for lottery position the Tank Bros. are going to be comfortable and accepting of a Fizdale, Wright or Stackhouse actually getting the most out of the roster and letting their young roster compete for 48 minutes which will cost us draft position.

Don't underestimate the power of youth being successful. Amid the "why are we winning" posts you'll find many "why weren't we playing Dotson sooner?" posts and celebrations of Frank's aggression. When T-Williams had success, no one complained either. Now imagine if instead of sitting through 40-plus games of players with no future in NY losing bad enough to be a lottery team that we were watching Frank, Dotson, etc. compete all year. Instead of building high expectations and falling apart, the team struggles early but picks up speed late as the youth develops. The demeanor of the fans and media would be much different imho.

I am still curious if next season we have 10 games left and 2 games separate us from drafting a top 10 pick, what do they want our next coach to do in the situation that we have a returning KP with no minutes restriction and healthy talented young guys...

Again, I'm STILL trying to wrap my head around what it means to be for the tank.

If we're out of the playoffs with 10 games left and KP playing on a surgically repaired knee, I'm cutting his minutes a bit for rest. His health would be the reason for that though, no need to risk the franchise cornerstone too heavily. Here's what I wouldn't want to see...Iso-Beasley taking over where KP's touches used to be. If we win games because Frank, Bridges and Dotson are balling out...I'm good with it and I suspect the majority of Knicks fans would be as well. I guarantee it if the team is establishing an identity the way Utah started to a while back (and it's come to fruition for 'em).

Daps
Reppin
NY
This would be my best case scenario for this offseason

Guards: Ntilkina, Burke, Williams, THJR, Baker (contractual reasons)
F/C: Dotson, KP, Noah (contractual reasons), Lance Thomas (contractual reasons)

Beasley, Jack both gotta see the door. Don't resign Kanter IMO, KOQ probably opts out and gets more money elsewhere, trade Lee for an expiring + a 1st (this draft or next). Mudiay I don't care for cause he's not it. We're looking at 5-6 new bodies on the roster.

Starting Guards: Frank + THJR
Starting Forwards: Dotson/Lance Thomas + our 1st
Starting Center: Noah (might as well with what we're paying him and KP out til December/January)

Sit down with KP and ask what's his likelihood of re-signing. From everything he's shown since draft night (maneuvering away from Philly and to us), he's not afraid to gamble on himself/make a power move. Get the coach this offseason (Stackhouse or Wright IMO) that will work well and develop a young roster + get improvement in a few years and more importantly, work a system around KP.

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Hornacek and Rambis finally gone???? :gladbron::wow::blessed:

It's about time :myknickanikka:

I hope we bring in Fiz or Stack but wouldn't mind Wright either. Now I just hope we can get Mikal but with our luck... :francis:

With Kp being out for the first 3 or so months we should have a better pick next year so we can finally have a foundation set and get shyt rolling :ehh:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

If he decides to opt out... bye Felicia! :mjgrin:

Man I hope he opts out and they don't resign him.
:sadcam:

I told ya'll though. If he opts out I expect them (if the wise up for once) to go after Randle or Gordon and use the Non tax payer MLE to keep KOQ.
Kanter may opt out, the chips are falling into place for us. First Hornacek and Rambis are gone, we looking at some good coaches, we gonna get Bridges, Kanter opts out. Yo this looking like it may be a magical offseason:blessed:

Chicago media people and Bulls staff are already saying they want a SF who shoots the 3 and defends. Some are outright saying it's Mikal, gotta Hope they go with Miles or move up to draft Porter. I don't even want to try and guess what the Cavs do....

:francis:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Man I hope he opts out and they don't resign him.
:sadcam:

Chicago media people and Bulls staff are already saying they want a SF who shoots the 3 and defends. Some are outright saying it's Mikal, gotta Hope they go with Miles or move up to draft Porter. I don't even want to try and guess what the Cavs do....

:francis:
Nah, fukk that noise. If there’s anything I’ve learnt these last few months is believing and saying shyt aloud makes it happen. This ain’t the case for everything but positivity breeds positivity. We moving up, trust the balls breh.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Nah, fukk that noise. If there’s anything I’ve learnt these last few months is believing and saying shyt aloud makes it happen. This ain’t the case for everything but positivity breeds positivity. We moving up, trust the balls breh.

fukk it I want Doncic or Mikal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh God...I'm gonna have nightmares of us re-signing him long term until we use the money on others.

If the Knicks resign Kanter and don't sign another player first with the cap space, knowing they can go over the cap to resign him, then I'm losing a lot of faith in Scott Perry:francis:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
fukk it I want Doncic or Mikal
That’s the spirit:salute:

thats-the-spirit-o.gif