A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Then we might as well get rid of everyone who played last night. You don't ask players to lose if you plan on keeping any of them.
nikkas will claim the typical Knick fan isn't capable of being down for a rebuild...

Then we show that we are okay with a rebuild.

Then nikkas will double down and say, Knicks fans won't be okay with the youth just playing...

Then we are okay with the youth playing.

Then the criticism is the typical Knick fan would end up hating the youth because of losing seasons because all the dumb fan wants is a first round exit.

Then we show appreciation for our young guys even in losses.

But... Knicks fans, you're doing it wrong unless you claim the rebuild is a failure even if the only way we got a W is if Kornet drops 20 or Dotson drops 40.

At this point the typical foolish knick fan should tell those nikkas to go fukk themselves...

With all due respect of course.:whoa:

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
My first choice would be a G League coach that can develop players, if not then a the top/star assistant in the league today. I feel getting new blood in is better than recycling coaches.

I don't like Blatt, not just because of his Cavs stint but more so because of his connection to Mills. Knicks are already a company of yes men, no need for another one.

Everyone is on the Fizdale bandwagon, getting fired by Grizzlies was the best thing to happen to him. His legend grows by day, I'm not that convinced.

Mark Jackson :mjlol:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I've been reading up on Stackhouse's stint with the Raptors G-League team and it's got him near the top of my list; he's a defensive minded coach who will actually try and develop some of the players on the roster. Everyone who's followed him says he has a serious aptitude for coaching. He'd be my choice after Fizdale.

Been on my radar since he was on the Lowe Post almost 2 years ago. He checks all the boxes imo... very current with today’s game, was once a good player so he’s relatable in that aspect and knowing his history, who the fukk is gonna step to him?!?

I’m scared that coaches are gonna be smarter about who they sign with this summer and not gonna be as desperate which is a negative for us. A lot of these guys are learning that the situation is way more important than their actual ability to coach. While our roster is slightly above average as far as potential goes, the reputation of the organization is still shyt. That’s gotta be what Perry and Mills have to sell the most.
Also, idk if JVG is the right coach for us. Do we know if he’ll conform to the way the game is played today?

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Been on my radar since he was on the Lowe Post almost 2 years ago. He checks all the boxes imo... very current with today’s game, was once a good player so he’s relatable in that aspect and knowing his history, who the fukk is gonna step to him?!?

I’m scared that coaches are gonna be smarter about who they sign with this summer and not gonna be as desperate which is a negative for us. A lot of these guys are learning that the situation is way more important than their actual ability to coach. While our roster is slightly above average as far as potential goes, the reputation of the organization is still shyt. That’s gotta be what Perry and Mills have to sell the most.
Also, idk if JVG is the right coach for us. Do we know if he’ll conform to the way the game is played today?
4Ex9E3x_zpsec7dwf7m.png

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I’m excited for next season.

Ready for a new coach that properly uses our youth :blessed:

If we can get a Top 3-5 pic next season, we can hit the ground running the next season with a healthy KP and an improved Frank
Do we crucify the team if the new coach is everything we dreamed of who maximizes the talent of our prospects and they play out of the top 5 picks?

How do we approach Wright, Fizdale or Stackhouse, if they are better than Horn?

I'm legit curious as to what brehs think the Knicks record would have been this year w/ the top coaching candidates. If Dotson, Timmy, Burke, and Frank would have come along faster under Stackhouse, would our record have been more or less wins?:jbhmm: