A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
How is that a problem?
he would have called giannis in his first year trash too
giannis averaged 6, 4boards and 2 assists his rookie year while shooting 41 percent from the field
nikkas have zero foresight and what they see now is what will always be the case in their minds
he saw melo come out and play at a high level and maintained that for a while and therefor makes him beyond reproach
everyones career arc is different.
edit: pretty sure he called giannis trash the last 3 years until it was undeniable that giannis is a great player
he was taking melo over giannis as of last year :mjlol:

Last edited:

Gothboi J

All Star
Daps
We don’t even need frank to put up that many points imo, we jut need him to keep other pgs in check so that they can’t breakdown our defense as easy we’ve seen.
Oh I agree frank got all star potential but he not gonna be the second option on a contending team. I think Tim might be best off the bench long term. We need to draft a wing that can flat out score.
KP keeps acting like a bytch saying he doesn't wanna play the 5 even tho its his most logical position and it opens up the floor for us
hopefully after the injury he comes to his senses

you wanna give randle the max:what::dead:

Kp is too lazy to change his game. He never gonna be a 5 let it go. nikka average 6.6 rebounds why would u want a nikka too lazy to rebound the ball to play the five

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just think he fits so well with KP. Randle in the paint KP shooting or Driving and both can rebound. Defensively Randle can guard both bigger and smaller 4's and KP can guard the rim. It'll be similar to KP and Kanter but Randle works with KP in a sound defensive scheme as well.

They'll probably need a big body Center to be able to go big defensively against the few teams who do that, but there are so few of those left and a lot of older Centers are UFA next year and might come for cheap. I would also like KOQ there but he deserves to get paid and the Knicks need to keep money free for 2016.
id rather we just draft one or sign an allstar level type place player once we have the space
but i see what you are sayin

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
https://nypost.com/2018/04/05/knicks-will-have-one-big-position-hole-to-fill-and-fix-in-offseason/

The good news...this article is implying that Kanter opts out. The bad news...KOQ and Kanter opting out would leave us without an NBA quality Center on our roster period (at least until KP gets healthy and that's a new can of worms). We may have cap space to chase a big but part of me is looking back at the Willy trade (don't look now but he's back to being a solid piece in his last 10 games where he finally got some minutes) and shaking my head. We had a cheap piece that could mimic Kanter's production for a fraction of the cost...now I'm stressed out that Kanter being a suck up will be the guy we pay long term. I will flip if that happens.

I’m not worrried. There’s going to be ALOT of bigs looking for jobs who would GLADLY take a 1 year 8 million dollar deal to come play in NY.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he would have called giannis in his first year trash too
giannis averaged 6, 4boards and 2 assists his rookie year while shooting 41 percent from the field
nikkas have zero foresight and what they see now is what will always be the case in their minds
he saw melo come out and play at a high level and maintained that for a while and therefor makes him beyond reproach
everyones career arc is different.
edit: pretty sure he called giannis trash the last 3 years until it was undeniable that giannis is a great player
he was taking melo over giannis as of last year :mjlol:
yall have the worst comparisions
giannis did not have a bad rookie season
franks season has been terrible
why cant yall just admit that and hope he improves in the future lmao

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
KP keeps acting like a bytch saying he doesn't wanna play the 5 even tho its his most logical position and it opens up the floor for us
hopefully after the injury he comes to his senses

you wanna give randle the max:what::dead:

Which is why i would love a guy like Fizdale. The reason Gasol hated him would be the exact reason we’d want him for KP. He was using him creatively away from the basket and having him shoot threes when Gasol wanted to play pinch post and closer to the basket.
The guys on the Knicks wall made the point that our next coach needs to be someone who’s gonna find creative ways to get KP scores and not a coach who’s gonna just throw it to him and clear everyone out. Something like that even helps preserve KPs body more.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which is why i would love a guy like Fizdale. The reason Gasol hated him would be the exact reason we’d want him for KP. He was using him creatively away from the basket and having him shoot threes when Gasol wanted to play pinch post and closer to the basket.
The guys on the Knicks wall made the point that our next coach needs to be someone who’s gonna find creative ways to get KP scores and not a coach who’s gonna just throw it to him and clear everyone out. Something like that even helps preserve KPs body more.
fitz is my first choice as well

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Giannis showed freak athleticism before he got here. Franks never gonna be anywhere near that. We don’t need him to be either. Just need him to be a 3 and D pg. Guard 3 positions, give us the ability to switch everywhere, facilitate in offense and knock down an open three. That’s all we need. Drafting Mikal Bridges gives us another version of that on the wing.
But unless we get a very smart coach who puts a great system in place, we’re gonna need a second option at the 4.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Gotta find a legit number 2 option. Tim ain't it and frank never will be a good scorer imo.

Oh I agree frank got all star potential but he not gonna be the second option on a contending team. I think Tim might be best off the bench long term. We need to draft a wing that can flat out score.

It's way too early to predict what Frank will be on the offensive end. One thing for sure is that he is a very good defender, likely to get even better on that end.

The hope is that he develops into a 2-way player, and although the Knicks suck at developing their players, I'm optimistic that with time Frank will put it all together.

Gothboi J

All Star
Daps
It's way too early to predict what Frank will be on the offensive end. One thing for sure is that he is a very good defender, likely to get even better on that end.

The hope is that he develops into a 2-way player, and although the Knicks suck at developing their players, I'm optimistic that with time Frank will put it all together.
U said it knicks suck as developing players. Pop would make him an all star.

Gothboi J

All Star
Daps
Giannis showed freak athleticism before he got here. Franks never gonna be anywhere near that. We don’t need him to be either. Just need him to be a 3 and D pg. Guard 3 positions, give us the ability to switch everywhere, facilitate in offense and knock down an open three. That’s all we need. Drafting Mikal Bridges gives us another version of that on the wing.
But unless we get a very smart coach who puts a great system in place, we’re gonna need a second option at the 4.
nikka kp is not a 5.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
U said it knicks suck as developing players. Pop would make him an all star.

Yeah :francis: Hopefully they luck into hiring a good coach, combined with Frank's individual work ethic, he'll be able to overcome Knicks organization player development (or lack thereof) :sadcam:

Most def on the point abt Pop