A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
The Willy trade makes even less sense now, but the Knicks shouldnt resign Kanter just to save face. Draft Wendell Carter and use the cap space on Parker or Hezonja, or go after Noel in the offseason. Id rather the Knicks resign O'Quinn, but if Kanter wants to come back for 4/48 or something then itd be an okay move.

Edit: Jerami Grant on the cheap would be a good look too

Nah man :whoa:

If Kanter opts out, and they're unable to swing a sign-n-trade for him, just let him walk & use the cap space it creates prudently

Agree with you on your point abt O'Quinn tho, rather the Knicks resign him. Also agree on going after Noel.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Kp + Kawhi :wow: I know there missing a piece but then two healthy and your in the playoffs

The real scary part of it is that Kawhi has spent the season out and KP is on a torn ACL. That's a swing for the fences but you could end up with the equivalent of a Penny or Grant Hill situation (or even our own Houston...Stoudemire...McDyess) where you lost your assets and cap space but have limited returns. If you can say they'll be healthy and in form though, that's a pair that competes with everybody. Personally, with KP so young and all our picks in hand; I prefer to keep stockpiling and building. The C's could swing the Kyrie deal without losing depth because they stockpiled before they made their big move and I think we'd be smart to do something similar. Wait for a sure thing or drive hard bargains while you load up on depth.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Honestly I am not as worried about the center situation because KP needs to get minutes at the 5. If I'm the Knicks I give Randle a Max and hope between living in a major city Like LA and the fact he respects KP he'll come to NYC. I'm telling ya'll Timmy in hindsight was one of the smarter Knicks moves this decade they just asking to much of him with KP out. Stealing RFA who show they can produce is underrated and the Lakers have good reasons not to sign a large contract and let Randle leave.

As for a back up big follow the lesson of KOQ there are a lot of quality backup bigs out there. Or see if KOQ isn't looking for anything crazy and keep him. Moving Willy was stupid, but I think it was more about not having him around KP during his rehab to talk shyt because it builds resentment towards the team. Similar to the Morris Twins...... That not for nothing also went to hell with Hornecek as a HC........

Also the Knicks should wait for 2019 to see if Kawhi is a UFA and throw the bag at him. Learn from Melo, we got to add the star through FA not through a trade. shyt he legit may stay is SA so don't stress it just build the roster up so a move for a star makes sense like Boston did.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Honestly I am not as worried about the center situation because KP needs to get minutes at the 5. If I'm the Knicks I give Randle a Max and hope between living in a major city Like LA and the fact he respects KP he'll come to NYC. I'm telling ya'll Timmy in hindsight was one of the smarter Knicks moves this decade they just asking to much of him with KP out. Stealing RFA who show they can produce is underrated and the Lakers have good reasons not to sign a large contract and let Randle leave.

As for a back up big follow the lesson of KOQ there are a lot of quality backup bigs out there. Or see if KOQ isn't looking for anything crazy and keep him. Moving Willy was stupid, but I think it was more about not having him around KP during his rehab to talk shyt because it builds resentment towards the team. Similar to the Morris Twins...... That not for nothing also went to hell with Hornecek as a HC........

Also the Knicks should wait for 2019 to see if Kawhi is a UFA and throw the bag at him. Learn from Melo, we got to add the star through FA not through a trade. shyt he legit may stay is SA so don't stress it just build the roster up so a move for a star makes sense like Boston did.
Absolutely agree. Dap + Rep

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

KP keeps acting like a bytch saying he doesn't wanna play the 5 even tho its his most logical position and it opens up the floor for us
hopefully after the injury he comes to his senses

you wanna give randle the max:what::dead:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
you wanna give randle the max:what::dead:

I just think he fits so well with KP. Randle in the paint KP shooting or Driving and both can rebound. Defensively Randle can guard both bigger and smaller 4's and KP can guard the rim. It'll be similar to KP and Kanter but Randle works with KP in a sound defensive scheme as well.

They'll probably need a big body Center to be able to go big defensively against the few teams who do that, but there are so few of those left and a lot of older Centers are UFA next year and might come for cheap. I would also like KOQ there but he deserves to get paid and the Knicks need to keep money free for 2016.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
probably not but who knows
15 and 5 is a damn good start:yeshrug:

even if he ends up being a john wall type player, then knicks dropped the ball again:yeshrug:

time will tell tho
DSJ is basically a new age Steve Francis.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Lol. Those "1 way players" are hall of famers or future hall of famers. For all this potential Frank supposedly has, why did he go 9th. Yall really expecting this kid to be some elite player like the next Pippen or some shyt, lol.

Again, yall got it.
I think you would have called Pippen trash as a rookie too :manny:

My biggest hope since Frank was drafted is that he becomes a PG version of Giannis. A young, long wingspan guard with untapped athletic potential and a developing raw skillset who with time in the weight room and gym could develop strong offensive skills to match his naturally good defensive skills.

Last edited:

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I think you would have called Pippen trash as a rookie too :manny:

My biggest hope since Frank was drafted is that he becomes a PG version of Giannis. A young, long wingspan guard with untapped potential and a developing raw skillset who with time in the weight room and gym could develop strong offensive skills to match his naturally good defensive skills.

That's the main fukking problem.