A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
He’s a stretch 5 breh. Why wouldn’t we use him to our advantage that way?

What y’all thoughts on jarred vanderbilt as a possible second round choice? (If he comes out and if he’s available by then)

Vanderbilt was on my radar early as a mid first rounder I just think injuries and the rest of the talent on the roster kept him from showing off. If he comes out he's a great 2nd rounder, but I really think he goes back unless he's worried about his health or really needs money.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
So, brehs... Is it looking like we are pretty much not going to miss out on Mikal?

Not saying we will pick him, I'm saying is it looking like he'll be available.

Yeah.

Plus, if things go well and we jump up to 7th we'll have an outside shot of taking one of the top-flight prospects should they slip down the board (Bamba, JJJ, Porter)

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Yeah.

Plus, if things go well and we jump up to 7th we'll have an outside shot of taking one of the top-flight prospects should they slip down the board (Bamba, JJJ, Porter)
If we got a top 3 pick...

What is the opinion on trading for a 7-10 and pieces?

That Ayton breh seems like the next franchise changer for real but if he were picked first and we had 2 or 3, I'd be tempted to explore options to still get Mikal and other prospects.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

That Ayton breh seems like the next franchise changer for real but if he were picked first and we had 2 or 3, I'd be tempted to explore options to still get Mikal and other prospects.

Suns Hawks and Clippers have multiple top 20 picks. Suns and Hawks, even if we win the lottery will probably be somewhere between 2 and 5. Doubt they’ll give up a first rounder to move up 1 or two slots. The clippers could possibly have picks 11 and 16 or something like that. That might make us miss out on Mikal but i would think hard on that scenario and draft Miles Bridges and Robert Williams... or something along those lines.

Edit: my bad. Misread your question. But I’d bet e open to that too. But Luca and Bagley are both really good fits on this team if we had a top 3 pic.

Last edited:

Gothboi J

All Star
Daps
He’s a stretch 5 breh. Why wouldn’t we use him to our advantage that way?

What y’all thoughts on jarred vanderbilt as a possible second round choice? (If he comes out and if he’s available by then)
nikka that average 6.6 boards playing the 5, that's retarded

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If we get a top 3 pick, we have the potential to get a franchise type superstar, and pairing him up with KP is more important to our future than KP and 2 role players. I said it before and I'll say it again, this is my draft order for the knicks

1. Ayton
2. Bamba
3. Doncic
4. Bagley
5. Porter
6. JJJ
7. Mikal

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti

Damn, you really like Mikal huh?

I dont blame you though, he looks really polished.

I like what I saw from him in the tourney, but idk if I like him that much to trade down from the top 3 (if we secure it) just to grab him + a couple of lower-tiered prospects

Now if we were to package that top 3 pick and one of our bad contracts for an expiring & mutiple draft picks, I'd be a bit more inclined to do that.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Lol. Those "1 way players" are hall of famers or future hall of famers. For all this potential Frank supposedly has, why did he go 9th. Yall really expecting this kid to be some elite player like the next Pippen or some shyt, lol.

Again, yall got it.

Sure, future hall of famers and 1 ring between like 8 guys you love because Finley happened to come off the bench for the Spurs, who had my favorite player ever that happens to play both sides of the ball, you're welcome.

Face facts, you don't like players that have the winning ingredients, they just flashy and post numbers and give up what they get on the other side.

tenor.gif

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Sure, future hall of famers and 1 ring between like 8 guys you love because Finley happened to come off the bench for the Spurs, who had my favorite player ever that happens to play both sides of the ball, you're welcome.

Face facts, you don't like players that have the winning ingredients, they just flashy and post numbers and give up what they get on the other side.

tenor.gif

Still Hall of Famers, Frank will be lucky to be a Knick to 2 seasons.

Only Coli Knicks fans are talking about Franks defense being elite.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Still Hall of Famers, Frank will be lucky to be a Knick to 2 seasons.

Only Coli Knicks fans are talking about Franks defense being elite.

So, if you like losing players that post numbers, and hate Frank that bodes well for Frank in the long term :mjgrin:

And nah, his defense is mentioned outside of TheColi, they talk about it from time to time on The Ringer NBA show :yeshrug:

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If we get a top 3 pick, we have the potential to get a franchise type superstar, and pairing him up with KP is more important to our future than KP and 2 role players. I said it before and I'll say it again, this is my draft order for the knicks

1. Ayton
2. Bamba
3. Doncic
4. Bagley
5. Porter
6. JJJ
7. Mikal

I keep seeing this name over and over again as a sure-fire top two/top 3 pick, is he really that good?

Call me ignorant, but I don't trust Anglo-Saxon Euro players unless they over 6'10 :mjpls::yeshrug: