A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
westbrook is a different caliber athlete that doesnt have multiple serious knee surgeries under his belt :yeshrug:
you see this dude being a top 5 player in this league? let me know :mjgrin:
probably not but who knows
15 and 5 is a damn good start:yeshrug:

even if he ends up being a john wall type player, then knicks dropped the ball again:yeshrug:

time will tell tho

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
The point is looking at Payton and Harris rookie years you would have been clowning the Knicks for drafting Harris and not Payton, because you're quick to write off a player like Frank simply because you don't like what the Knicks did to Melo. There's no logic in your evaluations of these players, you want Frank to be bad, and had they drafted Mitchell you still wouldn't be a fan of the Knicks right now because they gave Melo the boot. They missed on Mitchell, but players like Smith are a dime a dozen and constantly bringing him up is gonna have you looking foolish cause while Frank has a lot of growing pains and things to work on the ceiling for him is much higher.

At the end of the day, you turned on the Knicks because you were wrong about Melo and can't admit it :yeshrug: Melo is washed and has been washed for a minute now, everyone who said to move on from him years ago was right and you simply cannot admit it and have turned on a team because of it.

Guards like DSJ are a dime a dozen, but Frank isn't. Lol, again y'all got it.

Frank is trash, I'd be calling him trash if he was on the Nets, Mavs, Cavs, etc. I was watching DSJ last year during college, and I said multiple times I would love Tatum on the NYK, but y'all have this love affair with this kid for whatever reason.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Guards like DSJ are a dime a dozen, but Frank isn't. Lol, again y'all got it.

Frank is trash, I'd be calling him trash if he was on the Nets, Mavs, Cavs, etc. I was watching DSJ last year during college, and I said multiple times I would love Tatum on the NYK, but y'all have this love affair with this kid for whatever reason.

Yes, the 6'2" explosive guard is a dime a dozen in the NBA, there's another one coming in this year in Sexton -

You really don't get it, Frank was taken because of his potential as a two way player, you really only rock with the NBA on a superficial level which is why 2 out of 3 of your favorite players are 1 way guys :ld: You completely discount defense, which is why Frank was taken, we've seen it before where the guy with the rough offense as a rookie but good defense turns into a very good offensive player with time and work, but very rarely do you see the incredible offensive player develop a great defensive game.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
You completely discount defense, which is why Frank was taken, we've seen it before where the guy with the rough offense as a rookie but good defense turns into a very good offensive player with time and work, but very rarely do you see the incredible offensive player develop a great defensive game.

giphy.gif

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
The point is looking at Payton and Harris rookie years you would have been clowning the Knicks for drafting Harris and not Payton, because you're quick to write off a player like Frank simply because you don't like what the Knicks did to Melo. There's no logic in your evaluations of these players, you want Frank to be bad, and had they drafted Mitchell you still wouldn't be a fan of the Knicks right now because they gave Melo the boot. They missed on Mitchell, but players like Smith are a dime a dozen and constantly bringing him up is gonna have you looking foolish cause while Frank has a lot of growing pains and things to work on the ceiling for him is much higher.

At the end of the day, you turned on the Knicks because you were wrong about Melo and can't admit it :yeshrug: Melo is washed and has been washed for a minute now, everyone who said to move on from him years ago was right and you simply cannot admit it and have turned on a team because of it.
I disagree strongly. Can't teach that level of athleticism.

When he gets real offensive threats to work off of and a center that can box out so he can pad his rebounding stats :whew:. The league is fukked.

Edit: Sexton is no where near as explosive as DSJ. Especially vertically.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Yes, the 6'2" explosive guard is a dime a dozen in the NBA, there's another one coming in this year in Sexton -

You really don't get it, Frank was taken because of his potential as a two way player, you really only rock with the NBA on a superficial level which is why 2 out of 3 of your favorite players are 1 way guys :ld: You completely discount defense, which is why Frank was taken, we've seen it before where the guy with the rough offense as a rookie but good defense turns into a very good offensive player with time and work, but very rarely do you see the incredible offensive player develop a great defensive game.

Lol. Those "1 way players" are hall of famers or future hall of famers. For all this potential Frank supposedly has, why did he go 9th. Yall really expecting this kid to be some elite player like the next Pippen or some shyt, lol.

Again, yall got it.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lol. Those "1 way players" are hall of famers or future hall of famers. For all this potential Frank supposedly has, why did he go 9th. Yall really expecting this kid to be some elite player like the next Pippen or some shyt, lol.

Again, yall got it.
Who’s expecting frank to be the next pippen!?:mjlol: U just making shyt up at this point cuz of your hate for the kid. He was a 9th pick because he was seen as a project. Dude is already the best pick and roll defender in the league in his rookie year. Like other brehs in here said let him get some weight training, let him grow into his body, let him get used to the American way of playing basketball before you start to judge.

You seem to be the type of cat to be enamored by flashiness and how many times a player can make it on espns top 10.

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Who’s expecting frank to be the next pippen!?:mjlol: U just making shyt up at this point cuz of your hate for the kid. He was a 9th pick because he was seen as a project. Dude is already the best pick and roll defender in the league in his rookie year. Like other brehs in here said let him get some weight training, let him grow into his body, let him get used to the American way of playing basketball before you start to judge.

You seem to be the type of cat to be enamored by flashiness and how many times a player can make it on espns top 10.
shyt at the very least let’s get a proper development and coaching staff around him.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
https://nypost.com/2018/04/05/knicks-will-have-one-big-position-hole-to-fill-and-fix-in-offseason/

The good news...this article is implying that Kanter opts out. The bad news...KOQ and Kanter opting out would leave us without an NBA quality Center on our roster period (at least until KP gets healthy and that's a new can of worms). We may have cap space to chase a big but part of me is looking back at the Willy trade (don't look now but he's back to being a solid piece in his last 10 games where he finally got some minutes) and shaking my head. We had a cheap piece that could mimic Kanter's production for a fraction of the cost...now I'm stressed out that Kanter being a suck up will be the guy we pay long term. I will flip if that happens.

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
https://nypost.com/2018/04/05/knicks-will-have-one-big-position-hole-to-fill-and-fix-in-offseason/

The good news...this article is implying that Kanter opts out. The bad news...KOQ and Kanter opting out would leave us without an NBA quality Center on our roster period (at least until KP gets healthy and that's a new can of worms). We may have cap space to chase a big but part of me is looking back at the Willy trade (don't look now but he's back to being a solid piece in his last 10 games where he finally got some minutes) and shaking my head. We had a cheap piece that could mimic Kanter's production for a fraction of the cost...now I'm stressed out that Kanter being a suck up will be the guy we pay long term. I will flip if that happens.
shyt, well probably resign Willy to an expensive deal we wouldn’t of it we kept him on some Tim ish:mjlol:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Brehs, I was thinking...

Regarding a potential Kawhi trade - the dangers.

Trading Frank, and the next two 1st round picks would probably be a given.

With a KP returning from an ACL tear and coming back in mid to late 2019 season, would we be competing for a title next year?

When Kawhi is 28, and a healthy KP, we all realize that trading any and every young buddinf prospect and picks would be always on the table to gather the necessary talent around those two in order to match Kawhi's prime with KPs.

The pressure of needing to build that win now group considering the gutting of picks would really have us at disadvantages in the coming years since other teams would know we are on the clock.

Is that something brehs would be okay with for the next 5 years?

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Brehs, I was thinking...

Regarding a potential Kawhi trade - the dangers.

Trading Frank, and the next two 1st round picks would probably be a given.

With a KP returning from an ACL tear and coming back in mid to late 2019 season, would we be competing for a title next year?

When Kawhi is 28, and a healthy KP, we all realize that trading any and every young buddinf prospect and picks would be always on the table to gather the necessary talent around those two in order to match Kawhi's prime with KPs.

The pressure of needing to build that win now group considering the gutting of picks would really have us at disadvantages in the coming years since other teams would know we are on the clock.

Is that something brehs would be okay with for the next 5 years?

I thought teams couldn't trade away their 1st rd picks back-to-back though? :patrice:

I mean, if available, go for it.

Very unlikely though. Other teams can put together much better packages than we can, so unless Kawhi was to force his way here on some Melo ish I just dont see any likelihood to this at all

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Willy trade makes even less sense now, but the Knicks shouldnt resign Kanter just to save face. Draft Wendell Carter and use the cap space on Parker or Hezonja, or go after Noel in the offseason. Id rather the Knicks resign O'Quinn, but if Kanter wants to come back for 4/48 or something then itd be an okay move.

Edit: Jerami Grant on the cheap would be a good look too

Last edited: