A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
It’s still all talk but if they get rid of Frank, I may join Mr. Jack Napier in “leaving” this franchise. They keep making boneheaded moves.

Who gives a fukk if Frank is a “Phil pick” so is KP for that matter.

But didn’t Gaines sign off on the pick? And isn’t he still with the team? You can just spin it to “this is who we told Phil to draft”. I really have a hard time believing this team is this fukking stupid if this speculation is true. (which is probably my fault)

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
They wanted another KP.
What's crazy is anyone "wanting another KP" is low key on some entitlement shyt.

KP was a project as well. No one thought his development would be that fast.

I'm not saying that's what @seemorecizzy is thinking.

But those who really are expecting every project to be a unicorn is being very unfair.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's crazy is anyone "wanting another KP" is low key on some entitlement shyt.

KP was a project as well. No one thought his development would be that fast.

I'm not saying that's what @seemorecizzy is thinking.

But those who really are expecting every project to be a unicorn is being very unfair.
my expectations for frank this season was 8 to 10 points
6-7 assists
high 40s in shooting percentage
and and a steal

furher more, i was looking for someone who was aggressive and looks like he belongs on the court

he failed in every aspect

i really wasn't asking for nothing special

you telling me you satsiified with his numbers and his first season in the league??
hes not the only 19 year old to come in the league bruh

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
6-7 assists
and and a steal

furher more, i was looking for someone who was aggressive and looks like he belongs on the court

you telling me you satsiified with his numbers and his first season in the league??
Satisfied with his numbers? Nah, but I do like what I see.

I do think with proper development and confidence, hell Excel.

That being said, everything you mentioned...I get it.

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Frank didn't have this offseason to train.
Frank played in a system that was about ball movement rather than isolated aggressive drives.
Frank has never weight trained before.
Frank is still growing (Allan Houston posted a picture pointing out that Frank is now taller than him).
Frank's jumper was still developing even in the French league, his mechanics and improvement were what made scouts so certain that he'd eventually be a good shooter moreso than percentages.

All of this is to say; Frank's going to get better, the only question is how much better? Players in this league, especially Euro players, tend to improve quite a bit as a shooters over the course of their first few years. Many of them develop athletically as well with weight training and nutrition regiments (just last night they remarked about KOQ being in better shape this season and he's been about to sign his third contract). Ball handling tightens up and decision making improves with experience for a majority of guards as well. None of this should be all that doubtful, it's commonplace that these are areas players improve. The fact that Frank's still growing into his body, has never lifted weights and has to adjust his attitude from a Euro system to an American style is all reason to think he's far from a finished product to say the least.

Here's the other thing...the kid defends pick and roll ball handlers better than anyone else the league, that's not an opinion, when he's holding oppositions to less points per possession than anyone in the league in that scenario. What makes that so important is that the pick and roll is utilized so heavily in this day and age. Defensive metrics are all really kind to the kid, he checks all of the boxes on the eye test too. He deflects balls, plays the passing lanes, understands spacing, is vocal...he has every aspect of not just a defensive starter, but a good defensive starter. There's a clear path to being an impact player on the defensive end here and it was already his role in the French league. Again, his offense needs improvement but in areas that most young players do improve in. But his defense is already advanced and if it moves to the next level then he can be an impact player by just becoming average in certain aspects, that's not mountain to climb. I personally think he'll be better than average offensively with time and development but even a conservative projection on his offense improving would leave you with a pretty good player...not Donovan Mitchell but absolutely a worthy starter.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
6-7 assists
and and a steal

Satisfied with his numbers? Nah, but I do like what I see.

I do think with proper development and confidence, hell Excel.

That being said, everything you mentioned...I get it.

Last edited:

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
6-7 assists
and and a steal

:mjlol:
unrealistic knick fans for the win
you know what teenager shot a percent greater or equal to 45 percent, 1 steal per game, 6 assists per, with 10 ppg?
apGUheZ.png

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
But didn’t Gaines sign off on the pick? And isn’t he still with the team? You can just spin it to “this is who we told Phil to draft”. I really have a hard time believing this team is this fukking stupid if this speculation is true. (which is probably my fault)
Exactly, which is why the whole Phil pick thing is nonsense. Phil makes the choice but Gaines did the homework.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
unrealistic knick fans for the win
you know what teenager shot a percent greater or equal to 45 percent, 1 steal per game, 6 assists per, with 10 ppg?
apGUheZ.png

im not sure i understand your point
you took the highest number of each of my ranges and put it all together lol
i never said he had to average 10 6 45 percent shooting and a steal
my point was he failed my expectations in every category, and wasn't even close

you're trying too hard at this point

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
im not sure i understand your point
you took the highest number of each of my ranges and put it all together lol
i never said he had to average 10 6 45 percent shooting and a steal
my point was he failed my expectations in every category, and wasn't even close

you're trying too hard at this point
*say expectations in multiple stat categories* *back peddles out of it*
full

dont juelz your way out of what you said. I didnt take the highest number out of each of your ranges but points and I even put it into the equation and it was still a fail
Player Season Finder | Basketball-Reference.com
for all these things you said...its painfully obvious....he's going to be an elite defensive prospect at the very least and has all the tools to be a very well rounded player
if you dont see that...get your eyes checked.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
*say expectations in multiple stat categories* *back peddles out of it*
full

dont juelz your way out of what you said. I didnt take the highest number out of each of your ranges but points and I even put it into the equation and it was still a fail
Player Season Finder | Basketball-Reference.com
for all these things you said...its painfully obvious....he's going to be an elite defensive prospect at the very least and has all the tools to be a very well rounded player
if you dont see that...get your eyes checked.
i'm not back tracking, you just don't know how to read lol
like i said, i'm open to giving him a few years to advance his game
wasn't impressed by his first season, we didn't draf him top 10 in the draft to be a good pick and role defender
he was drafted to be our pg of the future.
im looking forward to him showing a more developed all around game next year\
mayb a new coach with help him. but i don't no how you teach aggression.

if you came into the season saying you wanted him to average 5 and 3, on 30 percent, den cool:mjlol:

u might blow your load next season if he averaging 6 4 on 35 percent lol

but if kawhi is on the table, and the spurs want frank, he gotta go. i don;t think its ccrazy for me to think that

i was against trading him for kemba, because that doesn't do anything signficant for us. but lets not go overboard now

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s still all talk but if they get rid of Frank, I may join Mr. Jack Napier in “leaving” this franchise. They keep making boneheaded moves.

Who gives a fukk if Frank is a “Phil pick” so is KP for that matter.
phil has nothing to do with this
right or wrong, they honestly dont think hes that good
they go out of their way to acquire new point guards whether its from d-league, trades, and potential trades
not to mention theres a good chance we draft ANOTHER PG in the draft
these are not actions that indicate you like a player

if they believed in him he woulda been starting after KP went down

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
phil has nothing to do with this
right or wrong, they honestly dont think hes that good
they go out of their way to acquire new point guards whether its from d-league, trades, and potential trades
not to mention theres a good chance we draft ANOTHER PG in the draft
these are not actions that indicate you like a player

if they believed in him he woulda been starting after KP went down
OR OR, get this, jeff hornacek is a fukking dumbass. season was dead and he was riding jarret jack on the court for 35 minute games.

anyone who wouldnt trade frank in a package for an all nba caliber player is a dumbass....and no one in this thread to my knowledge would turn down that kind of offer.
You nikkas just want to trade frank out on the first thing smoking.