A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s still all talk but if they get rid of Frank, I may join Mr. Jack Napier in “leaving” this franchise. They keep making boneheaded moves.

Who gives a fukk if Frank is a “Phil pick” so is KP for that matter.
why you so protective of frank when hes trash?
im not campaigning for him to be traded, i would like to give him more time to see if he can improve
but present time he is trash.
For the real deal(eg, a kawhi leonard trade) i'd ship his ass out of here with the quickness

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
im not campaigning for him to be traded, i would like to give him more time to see if he can improve
For the real deal(eg, a kawhi leonard trade) i'd ship his ass out of here with the quickness
It’s not just Frank, it’s the shortsighted and petty moves the franchise continues to make. They want cheap and quick fixes without actually putting in the hard work to build a quality team and organization like most others have done. Frank is raw and young and if the team doesn’t see that they need to build him like all rookies need them that shows that the franchise doesn’t have the right people in place. Why would you give up on such a good defensive player just cause when you’ve got him to a cheap contract that you can run out and see what happens? Why would you want to keep Mudiay when he’s shown time and again he hasn’t progressed much since coming into the league?

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s not just Frank, it’s the shortsighted and petty moves the franchise continues to make. They want cheap and quick fixes without actually putting in the hard work to build a quality team and organization like most others have done. Frank is raw and young and if the team doesn’t see that they need to build him like all rookies need them that shows that the franchise doesn’t have the right people in place. Why would you give up on such a good defensive player just cause when you’ve got him to a cheap contract that you can run out and see what happens? Why would you want to keep Mudiay when he’s shown time and again he hasn’t progressed much since coming into the league?
shump was a better defender den frank his rookie season, a much better player overall actually.
was averaging almost 2 steals a game and was guarding high quality players on the regular
by the time he left, he was a "bum"

Gotta keep your options open

HandyWithTheSteel

Superstar
Daps

Terry Rozier averaged 4.3 ppg on 34% shooting in his first 2 seasons, yet Danny Ainge refused to include him in any trades.

See, that’s what smart teams do. You don’t trade young, cheap talent. You don’t trade 19 year olds with insane upside. You don’t judge players on their rookie seasons.

This is a concept that the Knicks FO (and a large segment of the fanbase) doesn’t seem to comprehend. No matter how slowly you try to spell this out to them. It’s like they’re on a mission to go against the grain and do the opposite of what they know they should do. Like a gambling addict that keeps going back to the ATM even after they’ve lost 20 times in a row.

This is the type of shyt that damn near broke my fandom with this squad. This team stays disrespecting the basketball gods. :francis:

Last edited:

puggle

Superstar
Daps
I watch the post game sparingly, but Wally always came off as a company shill to me; even when he criticized the Knicks or someone specifically, the criticism was soft, there was always a positive or silver lining to go along with it. So when I heard him shyt on Frank and practically dismiss his defense, while being a hypocrite in regards to Trey and Franks situations, I can't help but think he's been given the green light to speak this way. Call me paranoid, but it was odd to hear from Wally; I know he's not a dumb guy so he had to see how he was being inconsistent when he was speaking about Frank.
Wally’s a Dolan yes man, if he criticized Frank (I didn’t watch the game), that’s the message the front office wants sent out there. The Yankees do the same shyt with Michael Kay, they use him to send out shots so they don’t look like the bad guys.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

Nice.

@seemorecizzy We definitely have to keep our options open and your comment about Shump made me take pause because it seemed compelling.

But then I thought about it some more...

Shump was how old when he came into the league? 20? 21?

He showed potential but he was already near the tail end of "well, he'd better start showing more...soon..."

Frank is the youngest player in the league, Breh. He's a kid, playing amongst men and playing better defense than grown men.

His age is what should make you hesitate to put him on the guillotine.

If he were Shump's age...sure, I'd concede to you about him but it's too early and he is not trash by any metric taking into account his age.

I'm sorry.

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London
Nice.

@seemorecizzy We definitely have to keep our options open and your comment about Shump made me take pause because it seemed compelling.

He showed potential but he was already near the tail end of "well, he'd better start showing more...soon..."

Frank is the youngest player in the league, Breh. He's a kid, playing amongst men and playing better defense than grown men.

If he were Shump's age...sure, I'd concede to you about him but it's too early and he is not trash by any metric taking into account his age.

I'm sorry.
I don't understand what people's expectations were coming in to the season. I'd understand the scrutiny if this was Frank's 3rd or 4th season, he's going to be fine.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nice.

I'm sorry.
im willin to give a few years to advance
but i don't see "stand out talent" when i see him play.
i don't see a bum either, so we shall see

frank would honeslty have trouble in the d-league right now

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't understand what people's expectations were coming in to the season. I'd understand the scrutiny if this was Frank's 3rd or 4th season, he's going to be fine.
i don't no what your expectations were
my expectations were certainly not 5 points 3 assist a game on 35 percent shooting from the field, 30 percent from three, and less den a steal a game
thats just me tho:hubie:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
i don't no what your expectations were
my expectations were certainly not 5 points 3 assist a game on 35 percent shooting from the field, 30 percent from three, and less den a steal a game
thats just me tho:hubie:
If you're the Lakers, do you still give Lonzo time.?

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London