A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Other posters have already responded to this more succinctly and thoroughly than I, but I'll add this as my 2cents:

Why wouldn't Kanter opt in, get the 18 mill; the most money he'll ever make in a year in his career. Bet on himself playing the same caliber of ball next season as he did this season, go back on the open market where more teams will have cap space in 2019 than in this upcoming summer of 2018, thus giving himself the best chance at a lucrative long-term deal. Makes a lot of sense to go this route as opposed to opting out, screwing yourself out of 18 mill just to get the same kind of deal that you can get a year later

If the Knicks have a chance to get Randle or Gordon in RFA and Kanter wants to stay they need to Waive'em
:manny:

Let dude play for the Raptors or Pelicans or some shyt:SSharpe:

I like Kanter but he ain't the answer :hubie:

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
If the Knicks have a chance to get Randle or Gordon in RFA and Kanter wants to stay they need to Waive'em
:manny:

Let dude play for the Raptors or Pelicans or some shyt:SSharpe:

I like Kanter but he ain't the answer :hubie:

When Kanter opts in they won't have enough cap space to tender an offer outright to either of those guys, best option is to do a sign & trade. Actually, its the best option with Kanter regardless of whomever they decide to target in FA.

Waiving him makes no sense, but I presume your joking, I think :skip:

Just in case your not joking:
He has enough value where you can get something decent back in a trade, if not you keep him and let that 18 mill come off the books, further cap space/relief for the summer of 2019. Waiving him and getting nothing back would be absolutely terrible :snoop:

:dead: @ the Shannon Sharpe smiley

Wholeheartedly agree on your last point, Kanter isn't the answer, short term or long term. Which is why, for the umpteenth time, sign-and-trade is the best option available regarding Kanter.

Last edited: