A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Let Kanter live, imagine eating bootleg kebabs in Utah and OKC for years and then you come to NY :ohlawd:
2ezryhk.jpg
What that got to do with the Knicks though?

Waive'em!:Phillaugh:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
2ezryhk.jpg
What that got to do with the Knicks though?

Waive'em!:Phillaugh:
He don’t want the youth to live so he can :camby:
Waive an expiring contract so Luke Kornet can get more minutes :francis:

And as far as not tanking and caring about youth, the management is supposed to take care of that not the players. I can't expect Kanter and Beasley to care about the youth when the coaching staff doesn't give a shyt. Am I supposed to hate Burke for going for 40 when he's trying not get sent back to Westchester :comeon: same goes for Lance Thomas and others. And I don't think it would serve the development of youth very well if they played with vets that didn't give a shyt at all or went easy on them.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Actions speak louder than words and Kanter hired an Agent

If he can get 4/40 to 4/48 he would be stupid to not take it

He's not sniffing anything past 15 mil a year. There are too many bigs in the league now, and without playing next to someone like KP he is a defensive liability.

Other posters have already responded to this more succinctly and thoroughly than I, but I'll add this as my 2cents:

Why wouldn't Kanter opt in, get the 18 mill; the most money he'll ever make in a year in his career. Bet on himself playing the same caliber of ball next season as he did this season, go back on the open market where more teams will have cap space in 2019 than in this upcoming summer of 2018, thus giving himself the best chance at a lucrative long-term deal. Makes a lot of sense to go this route as opposed to opting out, screwing yourself out of 18 mill just to get the same kind of deal that you can get a year later

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Waive an expiring contract so Luke Kornet can get more minutes :francis:

And as far as not tanking and caring about youth, the management is supposed to take care of that not the players. I can't expect Kanter and Beasley to care about the youth when the coaching staff doesn't give a shyt. Am I supposed to hate Burke for going for 40 when he's trying not get sent back to Westchester :comeon: same goes for Lance Thomas and others. And I don't think it would serve the development of youth very well if they played with vets that didn't give a shyt at all or went easy on them.

Depending on the deal, best option with Kanter is to do a sign & trade.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Kristaps Porzingis Cursed Out Jeff Hornacek During Practice Last Season

Kristaps Porzingis cursed out Jeff Hornacek during a practice late last season, according to a source. Porzingis reportedly used the F-word.

The incident likely contributed to why Porzingis skipped his exit meeting last offseason.

At the time, the main factors cited for Porzingis' no-show was his displeasure with Phil Jackson and the treatment of Carmelo Anthony.

Hornacek has also been on the receiving end of profanities from Joakim Noah and Kyle O'Quinn.

:mjlol:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Here's Marcus

And somehow I can't find the clip but here's a story about Markieff throwing a towel at Hornacek :russ:
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...arkieff-morris-unravel-loss-nuggets/77850822/

I really gave him the benefit of a doubt but this ish is a pattern.

:mjlol:

Yeah, def fits a bizarre pattern.

Also, provides a different perspective for the Willy situation. He has an aversion towards playing youth, and for some odd reason doesn't care too much for bigs either :skip::martin:

Willy, being both young & a big, never really had a chance :beli::francis:

Hornacek would probably trot out 5 vet guards to start if he could :mjlol::hhh:

Just an awful, terrible coach. Him & his staff, :camby: to all of em

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

This dude is one of the best talent evaluators around. His takes on college prospects have been as consistently on point as you could ask for. This dude and Frank on a court together would terrorize the perimeter be it on the wings (where they could hide a bad PG) or with Frank on PG's and Mikal on the best wing (where a guy like Timmy could position himself to lead breaks on every stop). That's especially potent when you add in KP's rim protection stats. You'd need to find a scorer to slot in with KP but we have a couple of candidates (Burke and THJ) to hold it down while we look for more or better options. Barring a lottery win, this is my early favorite choice at our slot.