A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did you guys trade a protected pick? Every Knicks forum I visit mentions Mikal. Why yall mentioning Doncic or Ayton or the other top 3-5 guys?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want Jabari or Noel on the Knicks if Kanter opts out. I'm not convinced KP can be a 5, he's just not strong enough, and I don't think he or his brother plans on him becoming one full time.Having another rim protector in Noel would mean KP doesn't have to help off of his man so much, and Jabari can be a bonafide #2 option if he can stay healthy, and can be a 3 or a 4 depending on the need.Anybody who can help reduce KP's work load is welcome though as far as I'm concerned.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Did you guys trade a protected pick? Every Knicks forum I visit mentions Mikal. Why yall mentioning Doncic or Ayton or the other top 3-5 guys?

We've only got a 6% chance of moving into the top three and the other tanks are too strong. I'd be ecstatic at a shot to grab Doncic or even just move up into JJJ or Bamba range though. Being realistic, I think Mikal, Sexton or Knox territory is where we end up.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Knicks are 4-20 in their last 24 games. Still the 3rd worst record in the entire league over that time span. They lost the Hornets game. If that's not tanking, I dont know what is :skip::dwillhuh:

They could be playing the young guys a bit more, but they are playing. Earlier in the season they all would have been glued to the bench, but they are playing. Hornacek is a frustrating coach, and needs to :camby:, but the tank is too strong for him to overcome :youngsabo:
Tank is strong breh, just started too late. The only thing that could have improved our lotto chances was KP getting injured earlier in the season :francis: It is what it is tho :yeshrug:
Try harder suns are like 2-22 in their last 24 games. :beli:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I love my knickstape brethren, but you guys are bugging if you think trey burke is a part of our future as a starter lol. There’s a reason he was out of the league.
I think we need to judge Burke on what he has done here instead of looking at his past. In the NBA there's a lot of politics that hold back great talents, Burke was National Player of the Year and a lottery pick, dude was clutch AF at Michigan. He has a ton of talent and he has reinvented himself, son isn't the same player. I think the main areas of improvement I see from him are reading the floor, getting stronger, and composure. I don't think he has been on a team where he has the reigns like this in terms of usage.

I see all the components of a top tier scoring guard from him, we're at a 30 game sample size now. He has great handles and shot creating abilities, he can C&S, he's a marksman from midrange and like A.I. he might be undersized but he compensates with a large wingspan. He runs the P&R really well and he probes the defense really well, he's crafty sneaking in for lay-ups he's at 72% at the rim.

Both he and Frank can start. Frank can cover for him defensively, they can play off each other, both can C&S, both can run P&R. Frank isn't that type of ball dominant dribbling PG anyway, he's a swing passer and P&R guy, he's a push it ahead in transition and reward those who run type, he's a bring it up and play off-ball guy. Positions don't matter that much, they're both guards rather than actual pure points.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Best hope is for a sign & trade.

Actions speak louder than words and Kanter hired an Agent

If he can get 4/40 to 4/48 he would be stupid to not take it

He's not sniffing anything past 15 mil a year. There are too many bigs in the league now, and without playing next to someone like KP he is a defensive liability.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Only team i can see offering him that is Dallas. No one else needs a center, except maybe Phoenix and they probably address that position in the draft.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

He's not sniffing anything past 15 mil a year. There are too many bigs in the league now, and without playing next to someone like KP he is a defensive liability.
You don't opt out of 18.6 mil to take 10 mil breh :francis: That 4/40 will be available for him after the next season as well.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way

he did it so he can get better endorsements
he's not rejecting his highest per year earning he'll get in his career.