A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Last two games more a function of two underachieving ass teams (Wiz & Hornets) playin their brand of underachieving basketball more than the Knicks not tanking properly.

Knicks record this past 20 some odd games are what tank dreams are made of :wow:

Remaining schedule got one other underachieving ass squad left, the Pistons this upcoming weekend.

We also got one other tanker left in the schedule, the Magic next week.

All other games left should have us finish on a #TankStrong note :wow::ehh:

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
Knicks should bring back Starbury to mentor these youths.

Frank is clearly thinking too much out there, Starbury would teach him how to shoot a couple of 35 footers just for the fukk of it :blessed:
Porzingis is a 7'3 NBA player in NYC and he's begging IG hoes for p*ssy :hhh: Starbury could show him how to fukk an intern and not even get sued for it :blessed:
The Porzingis point made me really laugh. he's a good youngster though, he can't show out with his parents being around so much.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
So if/when Kanter Opts out...... should the Knicks go after Julius Randle?

:jbhmm: It would force KP to play more center, but they could likely keep still KOQ as well for lineups of KP at the 4.....

If they draft Mikal that is a core of a pretty damn good defensive team. Then in 2019 they would still have close to Max money after waiving the older players/bums, and they could be coming in with another lottery pick on the next year too.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It got a bit lost in the shuffle but Frank looked really good last night, he was actually looking to break the defense down and create good looks for other players, using hesi moves and changing his pace to get into the lane. He looked quicker just off of the strength of being more decisive.The foul trouble aside, it was a really encouraging game from Frank.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Color me skeptical of Burke still. This is a great situation for him to thrive with high usage and opportunities in an offense where not a lot of guys actually need touches. That said, we could field a team like that if we can land Mikal Bridges. Burke/Frank/Bridges/KP/KOQ is a unit that can really work defensively and then you can flip THJ with Frank to bump the offense some. That said, I'm still more keen on Burke as a microwave bench player. At least until I see his chemistry with KP and an actual starting unit instead of the glorified bench units we've been trotting out during his run.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

@storyteller I absolutely feel you on the skepticism.

I'm hype just because he's a Knick, but to be objective, this feels very much like Brandon Jennings.

I said earlier that I need consistency from both Timmy and Burke; I'm more confident about Timmy though.

It just seems too good to be true, and w/ the Knicks, it usually is. But if this kid has actually arrived - WOW.