A Black Man Was Elected Mayor in Rural Alabama, but the White Town Leaders Won’t Let Him Serve

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We gotta stop with this respectability politics nonsense. I hope this just means he asked CaCs he thought were cool and they didn’t want deal with the drama rather than him trying extend some kind of olive branch.

Why is the “solution” for some of y’all always to always run from racism? From a racist business to a racist town, we’re expected to just inconvenience ourselves rather than stamping out that racism. And some have the gall to call past generations soft:snoop:

In a town of just 25 to 30 CaCs, 25 to 30 Black folk need to stand up and seize political power. That should be the “easy” part since they have the numbers. The hard part gonna be dealing with that racist ass state/county government in the fight for resources to support the town. :francis:

Thats always the solution because its never not been the solution. We have always been guest in the house of white supremacy. So either be comfortable following house rules,arbitrarily made up by the European(like we see in this story). Or you can inconvienience yourself so your children,and grandchildren dont have to deal with this nonsense:respect:

Bop Gun

Turn Me Loose, We Shall Overcome
Daps
Reppin
210 via 201
if you could let 25 - 30 cacs run you out of the town where you out number them 10 to 1, there is no amount of "moving" that is going to fix that problem

Why is the “solution” for some of y’all always to always run from racism? From a racist business to a racist town, we’re expected to just inconvenience ourselves rather than stamping out that racism. And some have the gall to call past generations soft:snoop:

In a town of just 25 to 30 CaCs, 25 to 30 Black folk need to stand up and seize political power. That should be the “easy” part since they have the numbers. The hard part gonna be dealing with that racist ass state/county government in the fight for resources to support the town. :francis:

It's not about running away, out of cowardice. Staying there clearly puts them in danger, and keeping them from a much better quality of life.

It says in the article they don't shop for food in the ONE store in the town, because the prices are too high and the store doesn't even sell what they like. The article also says they don't have internet service in the small town either.

If the Mayor travels to that nearby city Greensboro (10 miles away) to constantly get food and supplies for his people, then it is quite clear there is much better opportunities out there for his people, and less dangerous too, considering the small amount of racist whites are actively sabotaging their lives. Yall suggest to people on this website to move to another city or even state if things aren't working out for them in their current city, so why is it different now?

The article also states that the post office, library, church and fire department were built for free by college students from that program to help young men and women learn how to build homes. So imagine how the town looked before that.

The white people there don't want better, or they would have been worked on building the small town up. But no, they are too busy upholding racist values that are clearly endangering the lives of the Black people who live there. This guy is fighting fires and trying to save his people's lives by himself. Much respect to him, but at the end of the day, that town is only doing the Black people living there harm.

@R.E.N. Spells Ren I have never uttered our elders were soft, and that's not what I was insinuating here either. Anybody who says that on here deserves to be banned, anyone who says it in real life needs hands put on them.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
if you could let 25 - 30 cacs run you out of the town where you out number them 10 to 1, there is no amount of "moving" that is going to fix that problem

the fact our people are getting punked like this disgusts me.

Pull up on these bozos. :pacspit:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I read an article a few months ago about a group of black doctors who were looking distress from the sh1t they have to go through. I read the article first. Got depressed. Then to console myself I was like nah. Maybe they were exaggerating. But when I saw the video interview of them. It basically confirmed the damned state of the black race. I’ve said this before. Until we start inventing sh1t, owning our own multibillion companies. Only then will we be able to control destiny.

If black doctors are having to deal with this it’s gonna take divine inspiration and intervention to combat the evil. And you can’t count on a the entire black race to support you. But only a select few will be taken to the promised psychological land of peace, milk and honey.
Link to that article please?

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
They are a few hundred likely uneducated, unsophisticated black people being taken advantage of by a group of much more organized cacs. They need our help, not our scorn.
So what are WE gonna do about it?

truth, but where the organizations to fundraise and coordinate the effort of out reach to these people?
@SupaDupaCool Could you actually be useful to bp for once and get this story more shine?

Anybody here involved in any applicable orgs? Let's get it popping.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So what are WE gonna do about it?

@SupaDupaCool Could you actually be useful to bp for once and get this story more shine?

Anybody here involved in any applicable orgs? Let's get it popping.

We need to put out APBs to anyone with influence

All the black radio shows
Twitter nikkaz with huge followings
Black Celebs

Need to stop tolerating this shyt. They bullying our people and I don’t like that shyt. Call out the governor and all!

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
@SupaDupaCool here's your chance, what are you going to do for this story to hit the mainstream? Instead of complaining on the coli all the time here's your chance to do something since you have more power and influence than the vast majority of posters on the coli.