A Black Man Was Elected Mayor in Rural Alabama, but the White Town Leaders Won’t Let Him Serve

Suge Shot Me

All Star
Supporter
Daps
if you could let 25 - 30 cacs run you out of the town where you out number them 10 to 1, there is no amount of "moving" that is going to fix that problem
They are a few hundred likely uneducated, unsophisticated black people being taken advantage of by a group of much more organized cacs. They need our help, not our scorn.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
They are a few hundred likely uneducated, unsophisticated black people being taken advantage of by a group of much more organized cacs. They need our help, not our scorn.
truth, but where the organizations to fundraise and coordinate the effort of out reach to these people?

Last edited:

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read an article a few months ago about a group of black doctors who were looking distress from the sh1t they have to go through. I read the article first. Got depressed. Then to console myself I was like nah. Maybe they were exaggerating. But when I saw the video interview of them. It basically confirmed the damned state of the black race. I’ve said this before. Until we start inventing sh1t, owning our own multibillion companies. Only then will we be able to control destiny.

If black doctors are having to deal with this it’s gonna take divine inspiration and intervention to combat the evil. And you can’t count on a the entire black race to support you. But only a select few will be taken to the promised psychological land of peace, milk and honey.

Daps

Following the announcement, Braxton appointed members to join his council, consistent with the practice of previous leadership. He asked both white and Black people to serve, he said, but the white people told him they didn’t want to get involved.​

We gotta stop with this respectability politics nonsense. I hope this just means he asked CaCs he thought were cool and they didn’t want deal with the drama rather than him trying extend some kind of olive branch.

A town of 257, with roughly 25 to 30 white people living there. Those Black people need to move to that city that is 10 miles away, and let those racist whites remain poor.

Those white people are the epitome of poor white trash.

Why is the “solution” for some of y’all always to always run from racism? From a racist business to a racist town, we’re expected to just inconvenience ourselves rather than stamping out that racism. And some have the gall to call past generations soft:snoop:

In a town of just 25 to 30 CaCs, 25 to 30 Black folk need to stand up and seize political power. That should be the “easy” part since they have the numbers. The hard part gonna be dealing with that racist ass state/county government in the fight for resources to support the town. :francis:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
For at least 60 years, there’s never been an election in the town. Instead, the mantle has been treated as a “hand me down” by the small percentage of white residents, according to several residents Capital B interviewed. After being the only one to submit qualifying paperwork and statement of economic interests, Braxton became the mayor.
:mjtf:

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
We gotta stop with this respectability politics nonsense. I hope this just means he asked CaCs he thought were cool and they didn’t want deal with the drama rather than him trying extend some kind of olive branch.

Why is the “solution” for some of y’all always to always run from racism? From a racist business to a racist town, we’re expected to just inconvenience ourselves rather than stamping out that racism. And some have the gall to call past generations soft:snoop:

In a town of just 25 to 30 CaCs, 25 to 30 Black folk need to stand up and seize political power. That should be the “easy” part since they have the numbers. The hard part gonna be dealing with that racist ass state/county government in the fight for resources to support the town. :francis:
As of now worldwide black folks are cowardly...

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Respect to him for standing up to the bullsh*t. Social and legal policies in that town are deeply engrained to the point where people think things are always going to be the way they are. If it wasn't for Black people questioning and challenging the status quo, things would never have changed in this country.