A $700 playstation with no disc drive. :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The question is why would someone spend 700 for the PS5PRO knowing it doesn't have a physical drive if you expect to play only physical games.

:mjlol:
Which is why the price is effectively $800+ for most consumers, which is also why most consumers are criticizing the announcement. :ehh:

What makes you jump on the side of sony defense at every moment you can???? :lupe:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The question is why would someone spend 700 for the PS5PRO knowing it doesn't have a physical drive if you expect to play only physical games.

You think they are going to fomo into the system or disc drive 1st :jbhmm:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Which is why the price is effectively $800+ for most consumers, which is also why most consumers are criticizing the announcement. :ehh:

What makes you jump on the side of sony defense at every moment you can???? :lupe:
Not sure what that has to do with the discussion. I've criticized the price multiple times over the last few days if that's what you're looking for.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You think they are going to fomo into the system or disc drive 1st :jbhmm:
Not sure what fomo has to do with it. Lets say I have a bunch of Physical Xbox games and buy a series S. How you going to get mad at the company cause you didn't do your research.

TF

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not sure what fomo has to do with it. Lets say I have a bunch of Physical Xbox games and buy a series S. How you going to get mad at the company cause you didn't do your research.

TF

No one said anything about being mad, you asked why someone would spend money on a all digital system with a physical game collection.

The answer is because there is a way to play those games via a add on.

The funny thing is, it's really not some crazy huge library of games you'll lose out on since it's not backwards compatible outside of the PS4 so a lot of folks gonna just move on into going fully digital which is exactly what Sony wants.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
No one said anything about being mad, you asked why someone would spend money on a all digital system with a physical game collection.

The answer is because there is a way to play those games via a add on.

The funny thing is, it's really not some crazy huge library of games you'll lose out on since it's not backwards compatible outside of the PS4 so a lot of folks gonna just move on into going fully digital which is exactly what Sony wants.
No one said you were mad. You brought up a hypothetical scenario that a physical only consumer bought a PS5Pro and didn't have access/get the add on physical drive.

I'm simply saying that's on the consumer. Stick with the PS5 until you can get the addon.

:yeshrug:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: If this turns out to be fake outrage maaaaan
It mostly is. You either pay the 700+ knowing what you're getting into, or don't. I'm getting shyt on for defending Sony, when in reality I understand the PS5Pro isn't for me. I play everything on performance, so the extra fidelity isn't worth spending another 700 on.

None of these folks have the same problem with Iphone Max Pros, or the Macbook PRO Studio laptops.