A $700 playstation with no disc drive. :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
There's a $400 Playstation console on sale right now without a disc drive. Hell it's been on sale since 4 years ago, what's your point?
That was the beginning of the end :francis:
You're framing this as if the Playstation is being sold with NO way to get discs compatability. That's the part y'all being obtuse about.
I’m not selling anything.

Fact is. EVERYTHING is pointing to the idea that discs will no longer be available in the near future.

You guys even said it at the start of this thread that the PS5 pro launching without a drive is just fine because 80% of people are buying digital games.

So now you you think sony is gonna keep making disc drives just for people to play their PS4 discs in perpetuity?

That makes ZERO sense outside of console wars narratives :manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its completely different when you have to buy a disc drive compared to one being default in the most expensive system. Especially one that clearly won't be readily available at launch.

What do you think the people who don't get one will do in the meantime?:jbhmm:
The system that's purely optional as it's not the entry model? You do realize that right? Why disingenuously pretend that everyone is going to get a pro?

PS4 Pro sold about 26% of all consoles between it's launch and 2020.

You're talking as if the PS5 Pro is expected to convert 80% of current PS5 owners.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That was the beginning of the end :francis:

I’m not selling anything.

Fact is. EVERYTHING is pointing to the idea that discs will no longer be available in the near future.

You guys even said it at the start of this thread that the PS5 pro launching without a drive is just fine because 80% of people are buying digital games.

So now you you think sony is gonna keep making disc drives just for people to play their PS4 discs in perpetuity?

That makes ZERO sense outside of console wars narratives :manny:
You keep shifting the conversation to something else, stay on point.

I'm talking about backwards compatibility with CURRENT PS5 games. CURRENTLY, there's still a lot of physical PS5 games sold and it being the same architecture as the PS4 which presumably will be the same as the PS6 means that it wouldn't make sense to NOT have BC even if it meant having a disc drive sold separately. Making a super wide prediction such as physical media will go away in the future is not prophetic, that's just casting a wide net. That's like me saying Sony will release a 93+ metacritic game sometime in the future and dancing like I'm right when it happens decades later.

You guys predicted no one would get the Playstation Portal and that thing sold way beyond expectations. You guys are not prophetic.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
They should have dropped the extra TB to lower the price. The original PS5 should have come with 2 TB anyway but at this point everyone has bought extra storage. I added an extra 2TB and have all the games I regularly play with tons of space left over. Wtf am I gonna do with 4TBs of storage?:russ:
Buy more games and download them. I have 3 tbs on board storage and a 1tb external SSD. It's all full lol. COD takes up 250GBs by itself!!

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The system that's purely optional as it's not the entry model? You do realize that right? Why disingenuously pretend that everyone was is going to get a pro?

PS4 Pro sold about 26% of all consoles between it's launch and 2020.

You're talking as if the PS5 Pro is expected to convert 80% of current PS5 owners.
No one is saying everyone is getting a pro, infact I think most people wont. But for those that do, the default is no disc drive and currently they are sold out most places. So if you want to use your nice new shiny ps5 pro out the box and have a bunch of physical games what options do you have?

PS5 pro and slim is just a way to easy both the high end and low end folks into being ready for the PS6 being a digital box 1st with a Disc add-on that will probably cost a premium price On top of it being a way for them to save money and charge you more.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You keep shifting the conversation to something else, stay on point.

I'm talking about backwards compatibility with CURRENT PS5 games. CURRENTLY, there's still a lot of physical PS5 games sold and it being the same architecture as the PS4 which presumably will be the same as the PS6 means that it wouldn't make sense to NOT have BC even if it meant having a disc drive sold separately. Making a super wide prediction such as physical media will go away in the future is not prophetic, that's just casting a wide net. That's like me saying Sony will release a 93+ metacritic game sometime in the future and dancing like I'm right when it happens decades later.

You guys predicted no one would get the Playstation Portal and that thing sold way beyond expectations. You guys are not prophetic.
Breh. PS6 will have no disc drive.

You HOPE it’s compatable with the PS5 disc drive.

It might not be.

Not sure what else you want me to say :manny:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
No one is saying everyone is getting a pro, infact I think most people wont. But for those that do, the default is no disc drive and currently they are sold out most places. So if you want to use your nice new shiny ps5 pro out the box and have a bunch of physical games what options do you have?

PS5 pro and slim is just a way to easy both the high end and low end folks into being ready for the PS6 being a digital box 1st with a Disc add-on that will probably cost a premium price On top of it being a way for them to save money and charge you more.
The question is why would someone spend 700 for the PS5PRO knowing it doesn't have a physical drive if you expect to play only physical games.

:mjlol:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
fake outrage and concern...just like I thought it would be. nikkaz woulda bytched and had thinkpieces if it was 600. :snooze:

all this over an optional system for hardcore enthusiasts.
Yeah it’s not a big deal.

1. You can just not buy it, especially if you have a PS5 already (me)

2. If it’s too expensive for you, just buy a slim that’s much cheaper