A $700 playstation with no disc drive. :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They not about to alienate an entire player base by not having an option. :dahell:

What they are going to do is do just what they are doing here and with the slim, is giving you the option to hunt down and pay extra for one until its no longer even really a popular option and just a "premium" feature.

When you have to start buying disc drives on the side like its part of the side menu and not the main course

vince-carter-its-over.gif
But the PS5 slim already has a disc drive? :dahell:

qXyUotI.png

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Gamestop, walmart, bestbuy, target, all these stores are all but useless buying physical copies beyond day 1. And don't let it be a niche game... I call myself wanting to buy vision of mana on xbox physical week one and it was literally sold out everywhere in town and not because it's popular.

The same thing happen with stellar blade, gamestop literally only got like 8 physical copies.
shyts over.

only reason sony is offering the option now is cause they can still sale $80 disc drives.

Once people quit buying them shyts, sony will quit selling them:manny:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

fukking idiots. I got the digital PS5 and never looked back. even when I got a second PS5 later on with the disc, I ended up giving it to my daughter, cuz I wasn't gonna waste my time moving all the games to another PS5. plus I still got a PS4 if I really really need to play one of my few disc games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm talking about disc based backwards compatibility. I can play all my PS4 games on PS5 and even some old purchased PSN classics on PS1/PS2 still can be played on PS5 for free.
It’s gonna die breh.

Retailers already moved on.

Hardware makers aren’t gonna keep spending money on drives when people can’t even walk into the store and buy physical games.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s gonna die breh.

Retailers already moved on.

Hardware makers aren’t gonna keep spending money on drives when people can’t even walk into the store and buy physical games.
I can see that happening eventually but to say that it's happening right now at this very moment is a bit premature. The reason being is that the biggest reason they said PS3 wasn't compatible with PS4 was largely due to big architectural differences. Since PS4 and up they're on X86 architecture. Unless PS6 were to somehow be developed on a brand new architecture, not having BC is literally more work than having it. At best having the disk drive be sold separately could be a thing.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I can see that happening eventually but to say that it's happening right now at this very moment is a bit premature. The reason being is that the biggest reason they said PS3 wasn't compatible with PS4 was largely due to big architectural differences. Since PS4 and up they're on X86 architecture. Unless PS6 were to somehow be developed on a brand new architecture, not having BC is literally more work than having it. At best having the disk drive be sold separately could be a thing.
It literally IS happening right now.

There’s a $700 playstation console on salle right now without a disc drive.

I’m not sure what else you need to convince you.

Sony has had no problem killing BC in other generations.

Like i said MAYBE the ps5 drive will work with PS6 but it’s 100% certain at this point that drive is the last disc drive sony will release for home consoles.

The people have spoken. Physical games are already dead.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It literally IS happening right now.

There’s a $700 playstation console on salle right now without a disc drive.

I’m not sure what else you need to convince you.

Sony has had no problem killing BC in other generations.

Like i said MAYBE the ps5 drive will work with PS6 but it’s 100% certain at this point that drive is the last disc drive sony will release for home consoles.

The people have spoken. Physical games are already dead.
There's a $400 Playstation console on sale right now without a disc drive. Hell it's been on sale since 4 years ago, what's your point?

You're framing this as if the Playstation is being sold with NO way to get discs compatability. That's the part y'all being obtuse about.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
fukking idiots. I got the digital PS5 and never looked back. even when I got a second PS5 later on with the disc, I ended up giving it to my daughter, cuz I wasn't gonna waste my time moving all the games to another PS5. plus I still got a PS4 if I really really need to play one of my few disc games.
Honestly, this really strikes the point that Sony & Microsoft are treating their consoles like convenient PCs. The signs were always there since there was really no benefit between physical and digital once you purchased. Unlike with Nintendo since it is stored in cartridge, which is the case for all 1st party games.

For PS5 and Series X you're basically installing a game like you would on PC. I did prefer disc drive PS5 in case of sales were for physical and not digital. Those cases nowadays are really rare.

If the Pro model is digital only, you know damn well the next gen will be digital only as well. Though I do feel like, unlike with the PS4 Pro the jump isn't there with the PS5 Pro to get this day 1. Maybe big games like GTA VI and Witcher 4 will warrant the purchase. Though the latter that might not come out until next Gen for all we know.

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
Yea I think they gonna have to save face and pack in the disk drive at least.

I doubt they budge on the price.

Got damn, nikkas couldn’t even include the cheap as stand :pachaha:
I think they were trying to do something anti consumerish that Nintendo would do to flex hubris, but its a different type of consumer base on the Sony side.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's a $400 Playstation console on sale right now without a disc drive. Hell it's been on sale since 4 years ago, what's your point?

You're framing this as if the Playstation is being sold with NO way to get discs compatability. That's the part y'all being obtuse about.
Its completely different when you have to buy a disc drive compared to one being default in the most expensive system. Especially one that clearly won't be readily available at launch.

What do you think the people who don't get one will do in the meantime?:jbhmm: