A $700 playstation with no disc drive. :wow:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's not replacing, but it adds a benchmark and resources will be spent on creating enhancements. It's not the same as adding bigger storage or cosmetic on a box when PS5 Pro will impact development. They'll probably sell 20million+ which means it is something that will impact this gen since that's a lot of customers to account for

This is actually great for Xbox Series X and the S, The series X isn't being optimized for in the slightest really, these dev's make sure the PS5 version is good and then the Xbox version works (which I don't blame them for if there is no consequence for it) The teams on Xbox side are just as guilty of this also.

what?

Xbox started the gen with 2 different benchmarks. Why is it a problem now

PS4pro is a thing, didn't hurt the PS4 games.
According to yall a inferior box that has to run a game holds back the potential of said game.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No you don't, you're just a liar as always. We said it would be stupid for a CONSOLE to be REQUIRED to be always online 24/7 back in 2013.
Naw yall been complaining about day one patches and one time internet activations ever sense

There’s lots more than this :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They're killing discs by currently selling a PS5 SLIM that released last year with the disc drive already built in.
NsYSrhb.png

and they sell physical disc drives separately to UPGRADE those who went digital first.
but they're killing discs.

Killing discs would mean there would be ZERO options to upgrade a digital console both old and new. You guys are amongst the dumbest people on this forum. :huhldup:

If this was the inverse, a dumbass post would say Microsoft is killing discs because of Gamepass. That's your logic there.
Now when PS6 launches without a disc option you will come back and claim you never argued the importance of a disc drive :ohlawd:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Now when PS6 launches without a disc option you will come back and claim you never argued the importance of a disc drive :ohlawd:
If PS6 launches without a disc option AND an optional disc drive, you'd be correct. Don't be obtuse and leave out important details I know y'all stan minds can't wait to lie.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This is actually great for Xbox Series X and the S, The series X isn't being optimized for in the slightest really, these dev's make sure the PS5 version is good and then the Xbox version works (which I don't blame them for if there is no consequence for it) The teams on Xbox side are just as guilty of this also.

According to yall a inferior box that has to run a game holds back the potential of said game.
We have proof that Series S issues have delayed releases on the X. Might be a few games, but it's there.

I'm getting to the point of people saying the PS5 is holding the PS5pro back (with 0 proof) but having no smoke for the Series S/X.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We have proof that Series S issues have delayed releases on the X. Might be a few games, but it's there.

I'm getting to the point of people saying the PS5 is holding the PS5pro back (with 0 proof) but having no smoke for the Series S/X.
Did yall proof in 2020 because that's been the narrative since before release.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Did yall proof in 2020 because that's been the narrative since before release.
and that narrative turned out to be right. If it turns out to be the same for PS5/Pro we can revisit.

Going by the PS4 Pro, no the PS4 didn't cause delays for PS4Pro releases.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The reveal was trash.
And then they decided to 06 the fukk out of this and show a $700 machine.

Idk who this is aimed at.

And the reveal/presentation was a TERRIBLE WAY To present this expensive piece of kit.
Marginally better IQ and Framerates for nearly a grand post-tax is not worth it.

If we thought that, we'd drop $1000 to $1500 on a gaming PC and be done with it.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
That price tag is crazy but I blame X-Box falling off the map for this nonsense. These Sony nikkas are about to start acting like Madden nikkas from here on out

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
and that narrative turned out to be right. If it turns out to be the same for PS5/Pro we can revisit.

Going by the PS4 Pro, no the PS4 didn't cause delays for PS4Pro releases.

If it's right for one it'll be right for the other by default

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is facts, and exactly what will happen
No it isn't. I can bet you $50 that WILL NOT happen.

I can bet you that the PS6 will NOT launch WITHOUT a disc drive ON TOP of no option to add a disc drive. That would effectively rule out backwards compatibility.

You guys are extremely dramatic.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The reveal was trash.
And then they decided to 06 the fukk out of this and show a $700 machine.

Idk who this is aimed at.

And the reveal/presentation was a TERRIBLE WAY To present this expensive piece of kit.
Marginally better IQ and Framerates for nearly a grand post-tax is not worth it.

If we thought that, we'd drop $1000 to $1500 on a gaming PC and be done with it.
That is an option. It has always been an option. PS5Pro does not change that.

Nor did PS5, Series S, Series X, etc.