A $700 playstation with no disc drive. :wow:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
That's crazy. So you are barred from playing PlayStation 4 games and 2TB of storage is criminal, it should be 5TB minimum I understand PlayStation is the console of choice but for $700 why would I not just invest in upgrading my PC. I know not everyone uses it and people will buy anyway as a flex regardless.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t care about anything but laughing at you goofies scrambling to defend against narratives you created yourselves.

I wasn’t the one crying and complaining about the poor people in submarines that may not be able to play games.

that was you :ufdup:

I said discs were dead a long time ago and should have been dead sooner.

There was an attempt to meld the digital and physical software libraries for people to ease into the digital future, but yall ridiculed that in the name of saving gamestop and the poor submarine players.

Now you fukks have the audacity to attack people for owning discs :wow:

Sony stan’s wild af :mjlol:
No, Y'ALL were the ones that started this goofy shyt about people in submarines in regards to the Xbox One being potentially always online. Don't lie Meach. It was one of y'all goofies, probably Gayze23 that started talking about what about submarine gamers.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No, Y'ALL were the ones that started this goofy shyt about people in submarines in regards to the Xbox One being potentially always online. Don't lie Meach. It was one of y'all goofies, probably Gayze23 that started talking about what about submarine gamers.
GTFOH

You know we got literal YEARS of receipts of you dudes complaining about digital games and internet requirements.

Now none of that matters anymore :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
GTFOH

You know we got literal YEARS of receipts of you dudes complaining about digital games and internet requirements.

Now none of that matters anymore :wow:
No you don't, you're just a liar as always. We said it would be stupid for a CONSOLE to be REQUIRED to be always online 24/7 back in 2013.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I think it's just a matter of playing on fidelity mode with 60 fps now. From my understanding the Pro can play on Fidelity mode with 60fps and better ray tracing.
How many people though actually know what those things are?

Posters can say don’t buy and whatnot, but you need those type of consumers for the product to be a success.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
All I know is when those exclusive IP's drop the FOMO will be heavy.

Nintendo would be the same way as well if they ever wanted to go next gen, but they have the advantage being that their IP's aren't based on ultra graphixxxx. If anything, making Mario more realistic would kill some of the fun factor.

Pro with all the Marvel games are going to go crazy.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Quit acting like this is the Series S.

You have the option to add the disc drive if you want.

When 80% of your customers are digital, yes that will be taken into consideration when trying to keep the price down on hardware.
But the people in submarines can’t use the disc drive :mjcry:

When u wanna defend the price you say “well nobody needs the disc drive”
:hula:
When you wanna defend sony killing discs after selling their fans on the importance of an offline physical future you say “well they have the option for discs”

Sony stan’s with the masterful spin as usual :ohlawd:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

When you wanna defend sony killing discs after selling their fans on the importance of an offline physical future you say “well they have the option for discs”

They're killing discs by having a disc drive available for purchase with their current PS5 digital and new PS5 Pro. :mjlol: You guys are straight up fukking dumb.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
How many people though actually know what those things are?

Posters can say don’t buy and whatnot, but you need those type of consumers for the product to be a success.

A vast majority of console gamers do. Almost every game that's come out has the toggle option of Performance mode or Fidelity Mode.

Elden Ring, Demon Souls, God of War, Spiderman, Horizon Zero Dawn, Hogwarts, Witcher 3, Starfield, The Last of Us, Cyberpunk,

From what I understand, the PS5 Pro is supposedly closing that gap. I'll wait and see.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They're killing discs by having a disc drive available for purchase with their current PS5 digital and new PS5 Pro. :mjlol: You guys are straight up fukking dumb.
They are killing discs by selling multiple consoles without a disc drive now.

Y’all just said nobody uses discs so nobody needs the add on.

Now you are back to arguing the importance of the disc drive being available :wow:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Can you add a Disc Drive to the series S?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They are killing discs by selling multiple consoles without a disc drive now.

Y’all just said nobody uses discs so nobody needs the add on.

Now you are back to arguing the importance of the disc drive being available :wow:
They're killing discs by currently selling a PS5 SLIM that released last year with the disc drive already built in.
NsYSrhb.png

and they sell physical disc drives separately to UPGRADE those who went digital first.
but they're killing discs.

Killing discs would mean there would be ZERO options to upgrade a digital console both old and new. You guys are amongst the dumbest people on this forum. :huhldup:

If this was the inverse, a dumbass post would say Microsoft is killing discs because of Gamepass. That's your logic there.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
but you think it's smart to spend $100 more than the launch price of a Series X to buy the same console over with no hardware upgrade? You can't even upgrade the SSD in the Series X, you're FORCED to buy a new console to upgrade or buy a proprietary expansion card. You're limited as hell with the Series X in everything hardware AND games.

:dahell: Literally got this for 99 bucks a few weeks ago, plug and play same speeds as the internal

Not only can you play Optimized for Xbox Series X|S games on it, but thousands of titles across Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Original Xbox will show immediate improvements when installed to it (e.g., faster load times).

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
That's some crazy money for a system thats in Sony's own words "in the latter stage of its lifecycle". I get that people see disc drives as :flabbynsick: but I use them to watch movies cause streaming quality isn't fukking with a 4K UHD BR.

The GPU is improved but how much? Is it even where the XSX was at launch? The CPU is still the same as a base PS5. (albeit with ability to boost), but what does that really mean in action? There's only 13 titles that will be enhanced by the Pro right now, hopefully that list grows cause that's a big tax to pay.

I'm over the "Pro" console thing, I doubt they've even maxed out what the base PS5 can do. The update your system/sell you separate shyt gimmick reeks of Sega 32X era money grab bullshyt.