A $700 playstation with no disc drive. :wow:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
PS5pro is not aiming to replace the PS5. It was said many times it's an enthusiast item. They're not producing 40 million of these off rip.
It's not replacing, but it adds a benchmark and resources will be spent on creating enhancements. It's not the same as adding bigger storage or cosmetic on a box when PS5 Pro will impact development. They'll probably sell 20million+ which means it is something that will impact this gen since that's a lot of customers to account for

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nah, I know you're in troll mode. Just a honest question tho.

I already said I'm good on the Pro.

:yeshrug:
naw, i’m not trolling. By the numbers Sony single player games still sell a large percentage of physical copies.

Sony and their fans made a HUGE deal about physical discs and being able to set up/play offline for ps4 and ps5.

Sony Advertised this thing by saying your existing software will run better

Sony’s biggest fans can’t play their extensive libraries of games on this console out of the box.

Now you sony top flight defenders wanna call those people peasants and spoiled babies for being upset they’ve been led astray.

nikkas crazy :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For $600 with the only difference is it has 2TB SSD. NO GPU upgrade, no new tech nothing.

906nOM9.png
OG Series X should realistically be this price already, so getting an extra TB and limited edition for 100 more is a great deal if you plan on getting a X anyway.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It's not replacing, but it adds a benchmark and resources will be spent on creating enhancements. It's not the same as adding bigger storage or cosmetic on a box when PS5 Pro will impact development. They'll probably sell 20million+ which means it is something that will impact this gen since that's a lot of customers to account for
what?

Xbox started the gen with 2 different benchmarks. Why is it a problem now

PS4pro is a thing, didn't hurt the PS4 games.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yup, buying them all op so that when people get their pro and can’t play their TLOU2 disc they gotta spend extra for the drive.

And dudes in here defending this goofy shyt :mjlol:
What difference would it make if the Pro Was $750 with the disc drive built in? It still would've been seen as expensive. You'd then have people saying why are they being forced to buy a disc drive console if they have digital. You guys would've trolled about loss of options. The fact that you dudes are blabbering so much about this and was quiet about the Series X being $600 as a reskin is proof that y'all don't really care about it.

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
what?

Xbox started the gen with 2 different benchmarks. Why is it a problem now

PS4pro is a thing, didn't hurt the PS4 games.
My bad I was talking more about the difference between the 2tb series x and Pro. I agree that it's optional and not forced to buy it. I think the major issue is the pro bundled package. I think if they included a disc drive there wouldn't be this much pushback and $700+ taxes for a console is still a lot and gamers aren't conditioned to spend that much on a console.

The funny thing is people were spending more than the Pro price buying scalped PS5, so there is indeed a market for people that don't care much about cost. However, I just feel gamers aren't trained to pay premium priicng on hardware, and maybe this console changes that. I know PS6 will launch at $599.99 and I am okay with that if its strong enough to give 60fps the whole gen.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
My bad I was talking more about the difference between the 2tb series x and Pro. I agree that it's optional and not forced to buy it. I think the major issue is the pro bundled package. I think if they included a disc drive there wouldn't be this much pushback and $700+ taxes for a console is still a lot and gamers aren't conditioned to spend that much on a console.

The funny thing is people were spending more than the Pro price buying scalped PS5, so there is indeed a market for people that don't care much about cost. However, I just feel gamers aren't trained to pay premium priicng on hardware, and maybe this console changes that. I know PS6 will launch at $599.99 and I am okay with that if its strong enough to give 60fps the whole gen.
that's what we're saying. The PS5Pro isn't for the general gamer. Just like the $4000+ PC build isn't for a general PC gamer.

Most can get a PS5, play in performance mode, you'll get the higher FPS you're looking for.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
See what happens when the gaming industry loses its competition? The last one standing start pulling cocky shyt like this we’ve been saying forever during the console wars hope y’all happy now

I actually bought a Series X and was hoping Microsoft would do better. Them releasing Indiana Jones on PS5 is retarded.

Microsoft and Phil just seem ASS and I hope they turn it around.

Veteran
Daps
that's what we're saying. The PS5Pro isn't for the general gamer. Just like the $4000+ PC build isn't for a general PC gamer.

Most can get a PS5, play in performance mode, you'll get the higher FPS you're looking for.

Yeah except there's an extreme difference between a $1000 PC and $4000 PC.

What will be the difference between the base PS5 and the Pro? I'm sitting this one out until I get good feedback on whether it's worth it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What difference would it make if the Pro Was $750 with the disc drive built in? It still would've been seen as expensive. You'd then have people saying why are they being forced to buy a disc drive console if they have digital. You guys would've trolled about loss of options. The fact that you dudes are blabbering so much about this and was quiet about the Series X being $600 as a reskin is proof that y'all don't really care about it.
I don’t care about anything but laughing at you goofies scrambling to defend against narratives you created yourselves.

I wasn’t the one crying and complaining about the poor people in submarines that may not be able to play games.

that was you :ufdup:

I said discs were dead a long time ago and should have been dead sooner.

There was an attempt to meld the digital and physical software libraries for people to ease into the digital future, but yall ridiculed that in the name of saving gamestop and the poor submarine players.

Now you fukks have the audacity to attack people for owning discs :wow:

Sony stan’s wild af :mjlol:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don’t care about anything but laughing at you goofies scrambling to defend against narratives you created yourselves.

I wasn’t the one crying and complaining about the poor people in submarines that may not be able to play games.

that was you :ufdup:

I said discs were dead a long time ago and should have been dead sooner.

There was an attempt to meld the digital and physical software libraries for people to ease into the digital future, but yall ridiculed that in the name of saving gamestop and the poor submarine players.

Now you fukks have the audacity to attack people for owning discs :wow:

Sony stan’s wild af :mjlol:
Quit acting like this is the Series S.

You have the option to add the disc drive if you want.

When 80% of your customers are digital, yes that will be taken into consideration when trying to keep the price down on hardware.

Veteran
Daps
That shyt still looked relatively the same when they showed it.

You‘re going to need more than “specs” to justify that type of price jump to the consumer base.

I think it's just a matter of playing on fidelity mode with 60 fps now. From my understanding the Pro can play on Fidelity mode with 60fps and better ray tracing.