A $700 playstation with no disc drive. :wow:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That’s a hard sell, even for brehs with disposable income. With the PS4Pro, the OG PS4 was a laggy ass mess. It felt more needed and it was priced better. PS5 is already buttery smooth, games still look amazing, and overall the pro just feels like a marginal fps boost. This feels like DOA.
It’s not expecting to sell at a higher rate than the base ps5. The ps4 pro didn’t do that so why expect the ps5 pro to do so. 20% of new ps5 sales tops. The base is the standard not this.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That’s the newer one and not the OG. That wasn’t the base PS5, which you used in your talking point.

Even then you’re still proving my point because your talking points isn’t worth a $250 price jump.
And most are buying the base because of the optical drive. So why even bring up the old slim?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
And most are buying the base because of the optical drive. So why even bring up the old slim?
Because the PS5 Pro doesn't have an optical drive and the PS6 more than likely isn't going to have one. That's why.

The main arguing point for the old slim discless one was that it was a cheaper option than the one with the optical drive. Now they've stripped it away, while charging an even higher price point.

You bringing up the base disc one is irrelevant because again this console does not have one and the one won't either, but it's a more expensive option.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Because the PS5 Pro doesn't have an optical drive and the PS6 more than likely isn't going to have one. That's why.

The main arguing point for the old slim discless one was that it was a cheaper option than the one with the optical drive. Now they've stripped it away, while charging an even higher price point.

You bringing up the base disc one is irrelevant because again this console does not have one and the one won't either, but it's a more expensive option.
Why are we so worrried about a niche optional product? The base is the standard and will not change. The specs again justify the price. Don’t like it? Don’t buy it.

If the PS6 costs too much at launch, Wait till the price is more affordable. If you find value in a product you’ll pay. That’s how it works.

I’ve already stated that 700 for the base ps6 will be a stretch. 599 is realistic. And yes I do wonder how the ps5 pro fares when the 6 drops.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug:The pro isn’t mandatory, you’re not missing out on any games skipping it. But at the same time I get it. It’s obvious that because of no competition Sony is yet again. Big headed like they were at the beginning of the ps3 era. Let’s see if gamers actually humbles Sony. By voting with their wallets this November.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Why are we so worrried about a niche optional product? The base is the standard and will not change. The specs again justify the price. Don’t like it? Don’t buy it.

If the PS6 costs too much at launch, Wait till the price is more affordable. If you find value in a product you’ll pay. That’s how it works.

I’ve already stated that 700 for the base ps6 will be a stretch. 599 is realistic. And yes I do wonder how the ps5 pro fares when the 6 drops.
Because we are free to discuss the topic like we do everything else on this site every damn day.

Cats talk about everything under the sun on here and these wack ass wars y’all do on here, but now want to make the PS6 Pro price discussion the hill to die on :mjlol:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yeshrug:The pro isn’t mandatory, you’re not missing out on any games skipping it. But at the same time I get it. It’s obvious that because of no competition Sony is yet again. Big headed like they were at the beginning of the ps3 era. Let’s see if gamers actually humbles Sony. By voting with their wallets this November.
We know the pro isn’t mandatory but it sets the standard for the price of PS6 to be higher if it’s a success.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Because we are free to discuss the topic like we do everything else on this site every damn day.

Cats talk about everything under the sun on here and these wack ass wars y’all do on here, but now want to make the PS6 Pro price discussion the hill to die on :mjlol:
Nobody dying on a hill. Y’all being dramatic