A $700 playstation with no disc drive. :wow:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I am a little surprised by the price. Considering the upgrade is marginal according to most pundits I expected this to be a 499 console with the OG PS5 getting a price cut. And not including a stand is a little weird. The console doesn’t even sit right on its side without a stand. Even with massive inflation since 2020, I can see 600.. but 700 with no stand? Sony must have known this has bad optics.
If you payed attention to the specs you’d be a fool to think it would be a hundred more than the base ps5. People pay hundreds for marginal upgrades annually on their phones but this is too much for more substantial upgrades?

PS6 will probably be 599. Again the ps3 in todays money is 925 by the way.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1 out of 5 bought the ps4 pro.

Stop being dramatic.
That’s not what I’m saying ps4 pro was 399 when it dropped PS5 was 499 what you think ps6 going to be if the pro is 699? You looking at 799 or 899 especially if Xbox is out the paint and they have no one to compete with in the console space anymore.

Only time Sony went backwards on the pricing is with the PS3 them nikkaz will try it until nikkaz say fukk it we ain’t buying at this price.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
If you payed attention to the specs you’d be a fool to think it would be a hundred more than the base ps5. People pay hundreds for marginal upgrades annually on their phones but this is too much for more substantial upgrades?

You’re bugging if you think the PS6 will be cheaper if people show they’ll pay the asking price

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H

I’d be lying if I said I understand all those specs and shyt. I vaguely follow it just from reading ya’ll talk about it. That’s why i game on console lmao.

But honestly you’d say the spec increase justifies the 700? Is it truly going to be 4k/60fps for all games going forward? I have my doubts.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That’s not what I’m saying ps4 pro was 399 when it dropped PS5 was 499 what you think ps6 going to be if the pro is 699? You looking at 799 or 899 especially if Xbox is out the paint and they have no one to compete with in the console space anymore

And if the PS6 is overpriced then it won’t get bought. I do not expect it to be more than 599, but I do wonder what they’ll do with the ps5 pro when the 6 releases.

Xbox is out the paint due to their own incompetence.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I’d be lying if I said I understand all those specs and shyt. I vaguely follow it just from reading ya’ll talk about it. That’s why i game on console lmao.

But honestly you’d say the spec increase justifies the 700? Is it truly going to be 4k/60fps for all games going forward? I have my doubts.
The price is 100% decent and realistic based on the specs . The lack of a stand is bullshyt tho.

You’ll def see more Sony first party games be 4K60. Many are close now. The issue is non Sony games.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And if the PS6 is overpriced then it won’t get bought. I do not expect it to be more than 599, but I do wonder what they’ll do with the ps5 pro when the 6 releases.

Xbox is out the paint due to their own incompetence.
I don’t get how you don’t think this it’s a new gen that will have it’s own exclusive games that you won’t be able to play on PS5 or PS5 Pro and better tech than the PS5 Pro. You wildin if you think the PS6 is going to be 599.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I don’t get how you don’t think this it’s a new gen that will have it’s own exclusive games that you won’t be able to play on PS5 or PS5 Pro and better tech than the PS5 Pro. You wildin if you think the PS6 is going to be 599.
Holla back in 3 years. I’ve been spot on for over a decade now.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Holla back in 3 years. I’ve been spot on for over a decade now.
I will remember this thread in 3 years. You basically saying a PS6 with better tech and probably going to be the only flagship console since Xbox is looking shaky is going to be cheaper than what the PS5 pro is going for? Yea ok.

Only way is if the PS5 pro is dead on arrival.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I was right on this price wasn’t I?

Base PS5 is 600 right now based on buying power due to inflation.
Prices tend to go up not down. We know how this works. They’ll come up with another wack ass reason to justify the price point like you’re trying to do now.

Your reasoning still doesn’t justify a $300 jump and judging by the reactions other people feel the same as well. Out of all the games they could use for a first impression, they used a PS4 one that’s been milked beyond dry.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
The price is 100% decent and realistic based on the specs . The lack of a stand is bullshyt tho.

You’ll def see more Sony first party games be 4K60. Many are close now. The issue is non Sony games.

That’s a hard sell, even for brehs with disposable income. With the PS4Pro, the OG PS4 was a laggy ass mess. It felt more needed and it was priced better. PS5 is already buttery smooth, games still look amazing, and overall the pro just feels like a marginal fps boost. This feels like DOA.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Prices tend to go up not down. We know how this works.

Your reasoning still doesn’t justify a $300 jump and judging by the reactions other people feel the same as well. Out of all the games they could use for a first impression, they used a PS4 one that’s been milked beyond dry.
Where do you get 300 more?

Base PS5 disc was 499. 100 more for a base PS6 with no disc drive is not out of the realm of realistic.