A $700 playstation with no disc drive. :wow:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I play games on my phone. Does that make it a gaming phone?

Is the PS5Pro in direct competition with my Phone as well?

As a PC gamer, should I be upset at everyone who can afford $5000 builds when I can only get the $1500 build? We buy the same games at the same price, but I can't play at Ultra settings.

Damn those rich gamers.

:mjcry:
a phones primary use is for phone calls or texting.. a console primary use is for... what ? Gaming, you idiot.

did you buy your phone specifically to play games? Like you did your playstation ? Jesus christ youve gone full retard

Daps
Much better value than a shytty Series S for $300. Again, I'm not mad about a premium product. I don't need to buy it. I don't get mad that LG has $4000 TVs. I just don't get why people even care, they're not buying it cool stay on the regular PS5.
The Tv market is wildly different. There are countless options for TV, at different price points to satisfy everyone. If a brand raise or lower their price the customer is always bound to find his needs met somewhere else.

The console market is way smaller. We have the Big 3 who all made it a point to have prices that make gaming affordable to a large public. This is the historical advantage of consoles compared to PCs, a console is way cheaper. IMO Sony proposing a pro version more expansive is still a good idea, some people want the best of the best and they should cater to them. But for such a price raise you barely get a noticeable difference and you lose the disc drive and the stand. It doesn't feel premium, at all. This is what truly bothers me. I wouldn't have said shyt if the disc drive and stand were still included.

And because the console market is so small, their price point will have repercussions on the ps6 and the prices of Nintendo and Microsoft consoles in the future. This is why there is so much backlash. They're all watching each other and taking notes. If they see the public rocking with it they will all adjust.

We're getting closer to that $1000 tag for the next gen if this PS5 Pro is a success. Maybe you will tell me that hahaha you broke people should get your money up, but despite what I saw in this thread, Gaming was, and is still a relatively cheap hobby. Especially on console. I'm always happy to pay more to have the best quality, I have all 3 consoles, multiple OLED TVs and a high end PC but this feels like a rip off.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Of course you know I don't like it.
I said so in the sony event thread this morning.
Now you.....you're a funny guy; championing digital and clowning physical but now using this as an anti Sony talking point.
I'll literally take this thread from virtually anyone else but you.
That’s cause these same people have been telling me about the importance of physical media and offline consoles for years now, just to turn around and now say Digital connected gaming is the only future cause sony announced this console.

You know idgaf about discs, but ima get some jokes off :mjlol:

That said, Sony gone Sony.
I ain't the blind Sony stan ya'll wish I was for your jokes.
After the success of the PS2 Sony got arrogant and came out with the absurdly over priced PS3, which they then removed key features from in their hardware revision.
Now, after the success of the PS4, Sony got arrogant and is coming out with an absurdly over price PS5, which has them removing key features from the hardware.
I'll say this for the dummies that aren't listening in the back.
Look at what an unchallenged Sony does to their customers.
Tell me with a straight face if you really think playstation gamers will be better off without xbox in the race.
I honestly don’t think this is an “arrogant sony “ thing.

These things are planned years out, and i think everyone expected hardware prices to come down. They did not, on top of the fact that sony needs to find a way to squeeze more profit out of their business which was also just recently mandated by new sony leadership. I think sony cornered themselves and HAD to release this at the price it is.

I honestly thought they would just delay it until prices became reasonable, but i guess they were like fukk it. Put it out and see what happens.

I know yall like to give phil spencer shyt, but he’s been spot on as far as the direction of the industry. They opted out of a pro console this time around cause they knew prices would have to be crazy for a marginal improvement.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
a phones primary use is for phone calls or texting.. a console primary use is for... what ? Gaming, you idiot.

did you buy your phone specifically to play games? Like you did your playstation ? Jesus christ youve gone full retard
You're so skilled at missing the point. It must be a gift.

Carry on.

:mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hoping the rumored state of play for this month rectifies that.

Considering they placed pre orders at the end of this month, it would make sense to have a state of play before that to show new games on the console.
This. We need a good state of play. Showing TLOU 2 Remastered was dumb as a selling point but I'm indifferent right now because of the SOP rumor coming this month.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seriously this shyt is a 1000 dollars in Canada after taxes. I hope this fukkin thing is dead on arrival. Ain’t no need for it to be priced like this.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Look at this interaction between one of the biggest Sony stans on this site and tell me with a straight face that these Sony stans arent fully retarded and unhinged
Name a more premium console. There's not going to be another home console with higher specs.

We know you're a PC snob, but it's the truth.

:manny:
so its a honda civic SI and not a regular honda civic. Still a honda civic.
Sure, if the Honda Civic SI was the most advanced (technology wise) car in the market.
video gaming is the market and PS5 pro wont even be top 100 advanced option for that :dahell:
No, consoles are the market, and yes, PS5Pro will be at the top.

Keep up.
Console is not the market. Video gaming is. Isnt that the entire point of the pro, for better video gaming ?

a console isn't in the console market.

You heard it here first.

:wow:

What do you use for Playstation for ?
Do you consider a PC a console?
I consider my PC a gaming PC.

Just like my consoles ive owned, primarily used for video gaming.

Which is what the market is. Video gaming.
I play games on my phone. Does that make it a gaming phone?

Is the PS5Pro in direct competition with my Phone as well?

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Look at this interaction between one of the biggest Sony stans on this site and tell me with a straight face that these Sony stans arent fully retarded and unhinged
What is the PS5Pro's main competition? As a console, what market are they competing against?

You want to bring up PC, it plays games. So does my phone. So does my Tablet.

It does not mean that this product is competing against either one.

Just because you call it a gaming PC does not make it a console. Same way a "gaming" tablet isn't.

Even if that were the case, we're looking at a 700$ prebuilt PC vs a PS5Pro.

:yeshrug:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
What is the PS5Pro's main competition? As a console, what market are they competing against?

You want to bring up PC, it plays games. So does my phone. So does my Tablet.

It does not mean that this product is competing against either one.

Just because you call it a gaming PC does not make it a console. Same way a "gaming" tablet isn't.

Even if that were the case, we're looking at a 700$ prebuilt PC vs a PS5Pro.

:yeshrug:
I said its still a honda civic :russ: you said its the most advanced car on the market :russ: thats not true because PC gaming does exist. So the PS5 Pro is just a faster honda civic, a budget car that cant compete against higher end cars (pc gaming)

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I said its still a honda civic :russ: you said its the most advanced car on the market :russ: thats not true because PC gaming does exist. So the PS5 Pro is just a faster honda civic, a budget car that cant compete against higher end cars (pc gaming)
You're comparing a Honda Civic to a Bugatti.

If you drop the money on a $2000+ plus rig, of course it's going to be better.

You're telling me a $700 Prebuilt PC is going to outperform a PS5Pro by a large margin?

And even with that we're leaving out the main selling points for consoles. Exclusive games/ease of use.

The biggest game of a generation is dropping next year, and it's not on PC.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You're comparing a Honda Civic to a Bugatti.

If you drop the money on a $2000+ plus rig, of course it's going to be better.

You're telling me a $700 Prebuilt PC is going to outperform a PS5Pro by a large margin?

And even with that we're leaving out the main selling points for consoles. Exclusive games/ease of use.

The biggest game of a generation is dropping next year, and it's not on PC.

you the one that said Ps5 pro will be the most advanced gaming option on the market :manny: its ok to stop responding when you are incredibly wrong you know

DarkandHellisHot

All Star
Daps
"Look how beautiful Last of Us is on PS5 Pro. OH AND HE HAVE A 8K MODE ON GRAN TURISMO 7." THEY USED 2 fukkING GAMES FROM PS4 TO SHOWCASE THIS shyt, BREHS

jim-ryan-laughing.gif

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
you the one that said Ps5 pro will be the most advanced gaming option on the market :manny: its ok to stop responding when you are incredibly wrong you know
:mjlol:

In what world is a PS5pro competing in the same market as a high end pc.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
That’s cause these same people have been telling me about the importance of physical media and offline consoles for years now, just to turn around and now say Digital connected gaming is the only future cause sony announced this console.

You know idgaf about discs, but ima get some jokes off :mjlol:

I honestly don’t think this is an “arrogant sony “ thing.

These things are planned years out, and i think everyone expected hardware prices to come down. They did not, on top of the fact that sony needs to find a way to squeeze more profit out of their business which was also just recently mandated by new sony leadership. I think sony cornered themselves and HAD to release this at the price it is.

I honestly thought they would just delay it until prices became reasonable, but i guess they were like fukk it. Put it out and see what happens.

I know yall like to give phil spencer shyt, but he’s been spot on as far as the direction of the industry. They opted out of a pro console this time around cause they knew prices would have to be crazy for a marginal improvement.
I don’t know how right you are on all of this but you aren’t wrong.