90's brehs.....Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon?(Poll Added)

Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon?

• Cartoon Network

Votes: 90 52.9%
  • Nickelodeon

Votes: 80 47.1%

• Total voters

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Nick was putting out shyt since the late 80s, Cartoon Network when it first came out was def not available to a lot of people. It didnt really have good stuff of its own until the late 90s early 2000s. It was ass compared to Nick, Fox Kids and WB. People act like Nick didn't show Looney Toons as well. Nick at night was terrible as a kid but that really only happened on the weekends when you could stay up later and even then they extended the cartoon hours. Nick takes the win for me. Nothing comparing to the OG Nicktoons: Doug, RugRats, Rocko, Angry beavers, Arnold, etc The good shyt didnt come out on CN until late 90s early 2000s.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Cn had way more share of my attention. I mainly loved all the old school cartoons like Warner Bros, Tom and Jerry, Scooby doo etc. When Cn started making their own shyt like Dexter's lab, power puff girls and cow chikin I loved those as well. Toonami took it to another level. The only show I loved on Nick was salute your shorts. Disney for gummy bears, chip n dale, tale spin, gargoyles, duck tales. Wb for looney tunes, animaniacs, dark wing. Pbs for ghost writer, Carmen San diego. Soo much good shyt.

Daps
Not even close...Nickelodeon all day

At one point in my life I could watch that channel alone from morning to night...

Eureka's Castle
Muppet Babies
Gullah Gullah Island
Blue's Clues
Little Bear
Those animated stories of stuff like Rumplestilskin etc.

If you woke up early enough you could catch Nick Arcade and also get your learn on with Mr. Wizard World
Later in the day you had Global Guts, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Double Dare, Salute Your Shorts, The Adventures of Pete and Pete, My Brother and Me, Hey Dude etc.

Shout out to the cartoons as well...Doug, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Ahhh Real Monsters, Angry Beavers, Ren & Stimpy, and Rocko's Modern Life

Late @ night we had classics such as The dikk Van Dyke Show, Mary Tyler Moore Show, Bob Newhart Show, Green Acres, The Munsters, I Love Lucy, Patti Duke, Doobie Gillis etc.

Saturday nights you had Snick which was a crazy revolving door of shows such as Roundhouse, Are You Afraid of the Dark, All That, Keenan and Kel and a whole bunch of other shyt I can't even think of...

I was much older once The Cartoon Network came out and cartoons wasn't really my thing @ that point. I never got into DBZ, but I did fukk with that anime that would come on some nights called Vampire Hunter D.

:wow: Had to come back and show this post some more love

Daps
I can tell this is a 90's kid thread.
live action shows outside of the bell, got no play.
Even spectre man was phoney to us back then and still phoney now.
nikkaz talmebout watching shyt on the level of zoo zoo ily zoo in this bytch.

fukk no.

Oh and btw, cn all day.
Ain't nobody got time for nick, and phoney ass double dare and can't do that on tv after fun house.
Fun house crushed Nick's buildings and nick was done.
till they somehow got y'all on board with that phoney original programming shyt.
We would not be caught dead watching live action shyt, period.
Voltron gi joe transformers robotech mask, or die.
the rest of that shyt was all also-ran shyt outside of centurions, etc.
All shyt cn ran re runs of , thank the lord.
the nineties is when they stopped really caring about y'all and let the mother's groups and prison economy complex prey on y'all.
only saving grace for you guys was dbz and ronin warriors programming wise.
y'all would have never gave live action a chance if you grew up in the real Gen for kids.
The 80's

Art Barr

:what: Nick shytted on CN

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
This is all gonna depend on your age I was born in Dec 83 so to me Nick was there during my cartoon watching years with classics...by the time cartoon network was considered good I was probably a freshman in high school and out of the cartoon watching phase... I would see Dragon ball z and think what is this corny Japanese crap all they do is float and yell for the whole show

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
As far as original programming, Nickelodeon HANDS DOWN. Cartoon Network trails right behind, though. Powerpuff Girls was CN's GOAT show but Hey Arnold is the GOAT 90s cartoon period:mjcry: And even though I liked Cow & Chicken, let's not act like they weren't a Ren & Stimpy ripoff :punk2:

Dudes in here saying CN was better while bringing up DBZ and golden age toons :mjlol: I mean, yeah, Toonami was cool and Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, and The Pink Panther are the GOAT cartoons EVER... but you can't count those as CN shows, brehs :rudy: Nick had Looney Tunes too :ufdup:

Anyway, Nick sucks now and CN has Adventure Time and Regular Show so they're the king these days. Well, they've BEEN running shyt since Flapjack and Chowder. Nick fell off once they tried to put on that cripple Pelswick :pacspit: They even passed up on Adventure Time :deadrose: :flabbynnick:

Last edited:

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
If you were born in the 80s your voting for Nick if you were born in the 90s your voting for cartoon network...and Fox and Disney afternoons to me are a different category then Nick and cartoon network...Disney network which I only really remember the Mickey mouse club and nothing that great on in early 90s

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
We had it so good in the early to mid 90's. I got a 5 month old, a couple of days ago I put on one of the cartoon channels to see what he'll be watching in a few years and I was like wtf is this trash. I'm goin' have my lil man watching old cartoons on youtube.

Daps
We had it so good in the early to mid 90's. I got a 5 month old, a couple of days ago I put on one of the cartoon channels to see what he'll be watching in a few years and I was like wtf is this trash. I'm goin' have my lil man watching old cartoons on youtube.

I just said the same thing yesterday,dont have no children,but I was thinking like what are my lil neices and nephews gonna watch for cartoons, disney jr and nick jr dont even come close to the shyt we was watching

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
Again 90 percent of the shows on cartoon network weren't even created by them
Exactly :salute:

EDIT:

tumblr_mb84ewGV3Q1qzcj4vo1_500.gif

:mjlol:

Last edited: