84 pictures of Dead Malls: A testament to a dying part of American culture.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I heard Evergreen aint doing too well either....
River Oaks (River Folks)
Evergreen (Ever black)
Idk which will go first, but it will once that outlet mall opens. Notice how Orland Square dont have these issues.

evergreen plaza is closed. its been closed for a minute.

I didn't grow up on the south side. the main malls I went to were north riverside and the brickyard. brickyard got tore down like 10 years ago and replaced by a target and some other stuff I believe.

north riverside I believe is still up and running.

I also used to frequent oakbrook mall which is similar to orland except outside, and I believe they are still going strong also.

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
The only time I go to the mall is to return clothes to specific retailers that I didn't fit/like (that I bought online). I might do a quick walk around the mall to see whats changed since I'm only there 1-2 times a year and then I'm out:camby:

Last edited:

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
Dmv nikkas yall peep how katt Williams clowned the hell out of trash ass iverson mall:russ:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
evergreen plaza is closed. its been closed for a minute.

I didn't grow up on the south side. the main malls I went to were north riverside and the brickyard. brickyard got tore down like 10 years ago and replaced by a target and some other stuff I believe.

north riverside I believe is still up and running.

I also used to frequent oakbrook mall which is similar to orland except outside, and I believe they are still going strong also.

You know i heard it was but i thought they were fawckin with me.But it does explain why ppl crowd Orland's Carsons, since they closed the one at River Oaks.. Damn. Oakbrook is still doing good though...Well sh1t i wonder how Ford City is hold up.

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
oakhollow_71_022011_outsidemallentrance_digitalsky.jpg

is REAL close to shutting down. High Point University bought most of it a couple years back

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Picking up girls at the Mall arcade or just hanging out at the Mall for hours :blessed:

The internet is changing us socially. I'm old enough to remember mom and pop video stores where you would run into people you know on a Friday night movie run. Now you stream movies online or rent them from a fukking vending machine. No human contact needed.
What happened to running into people you know in general? I can't remember he last time I went to a store or somewhere and ran into a person I knew.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
What happened to running into people you know in general? I can't remember he last time I went to a store or somewhere and ran into a person I knew.

It still happens to me, but it is far and few in between

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
Malls are doing surprisingly well in NJ, well except for Livingston Mall since nobody really goes there. I think more malls should smart what Willowbrook Mall and Jersey Gardens were its more than just a mall in the surrounding areas. There's a Chiptole, Hooters, and Loews Theaters nearby Willowbrook. IHOP, Ruby Tuesday, Applebees, and AMC Theaters surround Jersey Gardens. Having a mall without any major restaurants and or theaters surrounding it in today's technology age isn't gonna cut it.