84 pictures of Dead Malls: A testament to a dying part of American culture.

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
Man I loved century plaza I was either on high school or a year or so into college when it closed. Eastwood was pretty much dead for as long as I could remember. I only remember parisians and the arcade being open before it completely closed. Brookwood is on it's way out too I'm afraid. Nice restaurants around it but the inside is dying fast.
I think that Western Hills Mall will go away before Brookwood. They do have some nice restaurants on the outside and that's something that Western Hills don't have unless you count the Waffle House and Captain D's. I liked Eastwood because I would see people there you normally wouldn't see. I remember I met a chick in the arcade in Eastwood that was playing the basketball game. She was so fine she didn't look like she was from here. Come to find out she went to W.J. Christian and was on the basketball team and she was 1/2 Choctaw or something. Yeah, I couldn't seal the deal on that one but she was beautiful.............

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
this is essentially what Echelon Mall in South NJ looks like, shyts kinda sad

i still like walking around and taking it all in, but ill admit when i see the bloated pricing i dont really buy much. maybe some Lo underwear @ Macy's, some food piece of clothing for the wife

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Crazy how back in the days, kids can work hard and actually get some money to buy games and clothes for themselves. Now, teenagers want their parents to give them i-Pads, i-Phones, PS4s and shyt that cost hundreds and thousands of dollars.

But :wow: @ you remembering Kay Bees. I miss there and Caldoors because I bullshytted there all the time as a kid.

I remember KayBee's too...that was my place for toys.

Remember Children's Palace? My mom got me my first skateboard there....and it changed my life for the better. At almost 30, here I am still skating...lol.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
The crazy part is River Oaks keeps hanging by a string. I remember when it used to be a outside malling and was dying, and they converted it and miraculously saved it. Nah Lincoln Mall is definitely next...I went in there one day with one of my friends to drop his daughter off at karate and the struggle stench in the air...you could taste it.
The thing that keeps River Oaks alive is prolly that sorry ass Westwood College and they unaccredited asses suckering kids into going there. Once Penneys is gone they may as we'll wrap it up. I'm still hurt they closed that Thai restaurant.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
I think you talking about Landover Mall. Never been to that mall. But Landmark Mall is dead. I use to work in the Radio Shack years ago. It's no longer there. The only reason it's still up is because Sears doesn't want to close.

Landmark been dead, don't know how it's still standing. the one off 202 is the Landover joint...I forgot it existed actually.

Ahhh Landover mall lol...I went there when I first moved to DC in 1998. I think it was on not even it's last leg then...it was on its last toenail. I had NEVER seen a mall so dead, my dad was like "this is a sign of the people in DC and Maryland son." I didn't get it then cuz I was only 13-14. I mentioned it to my pops not long ago, he was telling me he meant the "Murder Capital" or whatnot. It was still pretty ugly when I first got here.

I think that mall is officially done now, Sears gonna be closing up in March or something. Watch them turn that lot into a parking lot for the Deadskins.

Landmark mall we went to in 98 as well... Another decaying mall. Only ones thats really still standing from them times is Pentagon City, Greenbelt (barely), and PG Plaza...I live by Iverson, and it is terrible...Hell, Eastover may be a better substitution (:snoop:)

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
Ahhh Landover mall lol...I went there when I first moved to DC in 1998. I think it was on not even it's last leg then...it was on its last toenail. I had NEVER seen a mall so dead, my dad was like "this is a sign of the people in DC and Maryland son." I didn't get it then cuz I was only 13-14. I mentioned it to my pops not long ago, he was telling me he meant the "Murder Capital" or whatnot. It was still pretty ugly when I first got here.

I think that mall is officially done now, Sears gonna be closing up in March or something. Watch them turn that lot into a parking lot for the Deadskins.

Landmark mall we went to in 98 as well... Another decaying mall. Only ones thats really still standing from them times is Pentagon City, Greenbelt (barely), and PG Plaza...I live by Iverson, and it is terrible...Hell, Eastover may be a better substitution (:snoop:)

Tyson's ain't going nowhere soon, that joint is ALWAYS packed.

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
The thing that keeps River Oaks alive is prolly that sorry ass Westwood College and they unaccredited asses suckering kids into going there. Once Penneys is gone they may as we'll wrap it up. I'm still hurt they closed that Thai restaurant.
Yoooooo, Siam Marina? Me and my guys would sit at the bar and get FADED...don't even usually enjoy that kind of food but they got it right. I still don't see how Harold's didn't make it there with their wizadry in ratchet sauces:ohlawd:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Yoooooo, Siam Marina? Me and my guys would sit at the bar and get FADED...don't even usually enjoy that kind of food but they got it right. I still don't see how Harold's didn't make it there with their wizadry in ratchet sauces:ohlawd:
Yup, I was done when they closed Carson's as a frequent shopper there. last time I went I was looking 4 it they was like Carson's been gone...

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
you notice all the malls abandoned scream 1980s?

malls aren't going anywhere.. while i love ordering something online and receiving a package...many people love getting it instantly.

plus theres some things you have to try on.. exchanging and waiting another 7-10 days for shipping is a pain in the ass.

yea a lot of the ghetto malls are dying..but some other newer mall is what took their business.. a tad overreaction in this thread

Batman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
you notice all the malls abandoned scream 1980s?

malls aren't going anywhere.. while i love ordering something online and receiving a package...many people love getting it instantly.

plus theres some things you have to try on.. exchanging and waiting another 7-10 days for shipping is a pain in the ass.

yea a lot of the ghetto malls are dying..but some other newer mall is what took their business.. a tad overreaction in this thread

I haven't bought clothes from malls in years.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I haven't bought clothes from malls in years.
truthfully i haven't been to a mall in like 6 months.. :pachaha: bought everything online..

i am going tonight though :manny:

i have no issues buying shirts or shoes online from a brand once i know my size..but i like to buy jeans/pants in person.. they vary too much not to. jackets too