84 pictures of Dead Malls: A testament to a dying part of American culture.

King Poetic

In My Lifetime
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Internet is the game changer that destroyed the status quo. Everything is going digital and there are less and less need for physical things. That took away so many jobs and now, most teenagers of this era think that a job is something that only college students/ grown ups have. However, it serves these retailers right for thinking that they had a monopoly and can keep it that way for an eternity. They left prices high as shyt and thinking that people won't try to do something different, but they did and left many malls empty.

The concept of a job will be extinct in another 30 years outside of Nursing, Doctors, and so on. Even IT workers are not bulletproof from new technology that can repair systems when they are down better than any human being can.

They even cutting back on those fields also since obama care and alot of doctors talking about they are not getting paid what they should for doing certain surgeries.. i even seen in cleveland there big hospital cleveland clinic is cutting over 300 employees.

we are fukk as a nation.. there's the rich and there's the working poor - soon to be use to be working poor now just poor

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
They even cutting back on those fields also since obama care and alot of doctors talking about they are not getting paid what they should for doing certain surgeries.. i even seen in cleveland there big hospital cleveland clinic is cutting over 300 employees.

we are fukk as a nation.. there's the rich and there's the working poor - soon to be use to be working poor now just poor

Wow :snoop:

So people are gonna be collecting checks from welfare and chilling all damn day.

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Man where will the lil nikkas go to meet the hoes now tho :damn: , so many good times

wild100sboy

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
Southside, Chicago
Chicago people, y'all know River Oaks gone join the list soon too right? Watch in 5-10 years its gone be gone. But it wont matter cause they're bringing an outlet mall out here anyway.

The one that trips me out is the one that used to stand in Harvey where the police station is now... i used to go past there everyday when i was a kid and wonder why it was there.
I still go to that mall and it's so wack. Where is the outlet mall gonna be?

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Right off the e-way ummm i think the one towards Tinley. They got the sign up already I cant wait til its done, but you know its gone be stupid crowded come Black Friday.

Last edited:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Chicago people, y'all know River Oaks gone join the list soon too right? Watch in 5-10 years its gone be gone. But it wont matter cause they're bringing an outlet mall out here anyway.

The one that trips me out is the one that used to stand in Harvey where the police station is now... i used to go past there everyday when i was a kid and wonder why it was there.

I went to lincoln mall right around xmas time and that shyt was like halfway empty. I mean so many storefronts were abandoned. I hadn't been to that mall in years. hell, I hardly ever go to the mall ever to begin with. I'm not even from that area, but my wife is, and apparently that mall used to be packed. evergreen plaza closed down a while ago. and the mall that was closest to my crib as a kid, brickyard closed down a loooooooonnnnnngggg time ago.

lot of shyt going out of businesses are going under. sears and jc penny are done. and best buy is hurting as well with all their store closures.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

there's been a sign on I57 in country club hills talking about premium outlet malls, but they haven't started construction and that sign been up there forever. the new outlet mall out there in rosemont by ohare is juking tho.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I went to lincoln mall right around xmas time and that shyt was like halfway empty. I mean so many storefronts were abandoned. I hadn't been to that mall in years. hell, I hardly ever go to the mall ever to begin with. I'm not even from that area, but my wife is, and apparently that mall used to be packed. evergreen plaza closed down a while ago. and the mall that was closest to my crib as a kid, brickyard closed down a loooooooonnnnnngggg time ago.
lot of shyt going out of businesses are going under. sears and jc penny are done. and best buy is hurting as well with all their store closures.
I heard Evergreen aint doing too well either....
River Oaks (River Folks)
Evergreen (Ever black)
Idk which will go first, but it will once that outlet mall opens. Notice how Orland Square dont have these issues.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
The internet is killing us. The mall represents a social experience. With shopping available online, people don't need to go out and interact anymore.

yup, back when I was a teen, the mall was the spot to go to holla at hoes. it wasn't even about the shopping back then. just holla at hoes, or go see a movie.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

This past Christmas, I went to the big shopping mall where I am at for last minute shyt, and those bytches were EMPTY :wtf: It was on Christmas Eve and the stores had registers that were open and all.

Back in Christmas 1999 when the Sega Dreamcast dropped, the malls were packed to the brim. I mean, lines over lines over lines. You couldn't do shyt and it was chaos. Now, you can walk in and get what you want in 10 minutes flat.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
This past Christmas, I went to the big shopping mall where I am at for last minute shyt, and those bytches were EMPTY :wtf: It was on Christmas Eve and the stores had registers that were open and all.

Back in Christmas 1999 when the Sega Dreamcast dropped, the malls were packed to the brim. I mean, lines over lines over lines. You couldn't do shyt and it was chaos. Now, you can walk in and get what you want in 10 minutes flat.

man, times are a changing.