84 pictures of Dead Malls: A testament to a dying part of American culture.

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Screen-Shot-2012-08-22-at-9.53.09-PM-585x434.png

Isn't this shyt in Atlanta somewhere i swear i have seen this before.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Northwest Plaza in St. Louis :wow:

I used to work at the Sears there after most of the mall was dead. There were only like 5 stores open. And there was talk or turning it into an outside mall.

And we have Jamestown Mall, gotdamn ... my nikka and I pulled some baaaad chicks there when we were younger. With that phone that could only play snake. :bryan:
Those were the days. :wow:

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
I used to work at the Sears there after most of the mall was dead. There were only like 5 stores open. And there was talk or turning it into an outside mall.

And we have Jamestown Mall, gotdamn ... my nikka and I pulled some baaaad chicks there when we were younger. With that phone that could only play snake. :bryan:
Those were the days. :wow:
:wow: Me and my brothers used to go to the Tilt and play every game we could while our parents would shop.

And Jamestown was the closet mall to my crib growing up. I went up there to get a tux for my wedding last year from Savvi. That mall has straight up died. :to:

concise

Veteran
Daps
those malls made big $$$ just like the music industry in the 80s-90s when cassettes/CDs had inflated prices. Think about how you spend $17 bucks for an album back in the day and $25 for a double album. They were eating good because they had a stranglehold on the distrubution and very few had high capacity CD burners that could do 500 CDs in an hour. The bootleggers started to catch up and then digital flipped the game on its ass.

As far as malls are concerned, they would get cheap leases from the management companies and sold a bunch of overpriced shyt that you couldnt really get anywhere else. There has always been mail order shyt, but companies like Fingerhut would rape the shyt outta people who couldnt pay upfront.

The internet made it so you can be a savvy shopper, compare price, badger these stores into price matching or flat out not even step foot into a store unless you wanted to have the shyt right at that moment.

Yup, I won't miss them or the noise.

What happened to running into people you know in general? I can't remember he last time I went to a store or somewhere and ran into a person I knew.

What? :heh: I've been running into randoms I haven't thought about in forever for so long.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
When half the stores in your mall are sneaker stores, you know the end is near.
This. And hat stores.

Btw, when I was back in Pittsburgh I took some pictures of Northway Mall. I'll up then in this thread when I can get to my computer.

Daps
Reppin
#TEAMSTRICKLAND
Where I live malls are still going strong.

But its mostly heavily frequented by the :flabbynsick: :old: ladies, and families from suburbia, and while there are still a lot of young people(under 30), it is not a place to socialize, chill and shoot the shyt like teens/early 20s did back in the 90s/early 2000s. Most young people quickly get in and out, do their everyday business seriously, etc and at the movies, you aint seeing a big gang of friends goofing around and chilling while eating huge bags of butter pop corn...trying to flirt with the cute female movie cashier, its mostly young couples trying to be so serious and cool for social media pics for instagram, twitter, etc.

The typical youthful non-chalance, that particular happy-go-lucky attiude from youth in the mall, with its random socializing, and naive appreciation and :krs:of technology, video game arcades, big mall spaces and other shyt is gone for ever. Most young people trying to get a job at the mall, instead of chilling in the mall.

:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
I feel embarrassed just walking into a mall, I'm like :scust: seeing all these obese mall walkers and teens acting like they in Disney land in that shyt