84 pictures of Dead Malls: A testament to a dying part of American culture.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
All I see is thousands of jobs lost

Now I use Amazon as much as anyone else but thier end game is awful. I mean right now they very little in taxes and give nothing back to the communitys in terms of labor. Yea they have huge warehouses but its becoming more and more automated. I mean theres already less and less jobs out there. Not everyone can get an IT cert which are being more and more outsourced.

So glad I will probably be dead in 50 years :heh:

The concept of a job will be a thing of the past in another 30 years

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
We had 2 in Birmingham. Century Plaza and Eastwood Mall. They was right across the street from each other. Here are some pictures......
Century Plaza
large_century.jpg.jpg

birmingham44av0.jpg

tumblr_miydtyo2TF1s78eu4o2_400.jpg

Eastwood Mall
169083497_427ae542e9_o.jpg

eastwoodmallbirminghamal04A.jpg

food_court.jpg

They tore Eastwood Mall down and turned it into a Super Walmart with a shopping center around it. There was a bowling alley there, a Service Merchandise, and some other stuff. The only thing about Eastwood was it was only one floor if I can remember correctly. Maybe a couple of the department stores had extra floors but the rest of the mall was one story. I remember Century Plaza and I knew it was 2 stories. I had a bunch of memories out of there because with me being from the westside of town, my cousins and I would go to these 2 malls since they was on the eastside of town to get at the eastside girls. But just looking at these pictures makes me feel the nostalgia of being there. I remember my father bringing me to Eastwood Mall and they had a race track for radio controlled cars to race. The halls was just that wide or going to Century Plaza to see Santa Claus. My Birmingham bruhs can feel me on this one.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The internet is killing us. The mall represents a social experience. With shopping available online, people don't need to go out and interact anymore.

Picking up girls at the Mall arcade or just hanging out at the Mall for hours :blessed:

The internet is changing us socially. I'm old enough to remember mom and pop video stores where you would run into people you know on a Friday night movie run. Now you stream movies online or rent them from a fukking vending machine. No human contact needed.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Picking up girls at the Mall arcade or just hanging out at the Mall for hours :blessed:

The internet is changing us socially. I'm old enough to remember mom and pop video stores where you would run into people you know on a Friday night movie run. Now you stream movies online or rent them from a fukking vending machine. No human contact needed.

We are becoming mad isolated and shyt like that. Back in the day as a kid, it would be the ultimate punishment for a kid to go upstairs and not play outside. Now, kids don't even see the sunlight.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I can't tell the last time ive been to a mall.

I'd rather buy my clothes online, same with my shoes.

Mall food courts got the same fast food joints you can find everywhere.

Hassle to park etc.

Even movie theater s are saying f malls because the rent is to high.

I could care less get with the tines.

Daps
That's the thing I like about NYC...boutique shopping. Plus I'd rather support small business anyways...especially in this era of mass corporatization. They need it.

:obama:

I hate going out to shop in general. I get headaches if I'm in a store too long. And malls in particular are just so crowded, loud, and expensive for no reason.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Much easier

I live a few minutes away from one of the biggest malls in Canada and I haven't been there in years.

Daps
Reppin
VOID

Yeah, I remember those days. Hanging out at the mall with friends, meeting up with homies at the video store and talking about movies, going to the records store and hanging out with friends and talking about the newest CDs artists whatever...

Ahh...nostalgia.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I remember being a kid having like twenty TV channels but only like 2 were watchable .

Going out and shooting basketball in the driveway, riding my bike.

Now kids got cell phones, internet tablets, videogames etc. Hundreds of TV channels and their shows on demand.

I remember Friday nights heading to the mall and it was packed with people your age from different hs kind of like a club lol, you'd walk around buy food, check out girls, mall would close and you'd head home on a packed bus.

We are becoming mad isolated and shyt like that. Back in the day as a kid, it would be the ultimate punishment for a kid to go upstairs and not play outside. Now, kids don't even see the sunlight.