84 pictures of Dead Malls: A testament to a dying part of American culture.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Some of those pics look like it's right out of The Last of Us

I'd like to walk around those empty malls, seems like an adventure

Before I moved to NYC, I actually took some time to visit some dead malls in Pittsburgh and West Virginia just to walk around. It was pretty interesting and sad at the same time. Because I remember having those memories of when those malls were active and bustling from my younger years and now just hanging on by a thread and devoid of any life whatsover.

It does seem like something out of a "end of the world" scenario.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
All I see is thousands of jobs lost

Now I use Amazon as much as anyone else but thier end game is awful. I mean right now they very little in taxes and give nothing back to the communitys in terms of labor. Yea they have huge warehouses but its becoming more and more automated. I mean theres already less and less jobs out there. Not everyone can get an IT cert which are being more and more outsourced.

So glad I will probably be dead in 50 years :heh:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Well you made it about you so i was going a little more in depth. Maybe you shouldnt be afraid of women making suggestions to help your relationship.
No common theme, just random nonsense - i'm not doing enough of this, she needs that. But this thread aint about me friend its about abandonded malls, friend.
Seems like you should do more for your woman so you dont have to be concerned about her allying with her family to better her relationship. Asking you to do more of this and that, the nerve. :rolleyes:

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
Before I moved to NYC, I actually took some time to visit some dead malls in Pittsburgh and West Virginia just to walk around. It was pretty interesting and sad at the same time. Because I remember having those memories of when those malls were active and bustling from my younger years and now just hanging on by a thread and devoid of any life whatsover.

It does seem like something out of a "end of the world" scenario.
Dead as they still had a few people/stores or completely shut down malls?

I want to go in one that's completely shut down & boarded up

ch15x

Mountaineer
Daps
Reppin
TN (east)
The situation reminds me of "Surrogates"...:dwillhuh:

I haven't been through a mall in years and backtracked from them after working in one...:huhldup:

Uncle Kingpin

No Relation
Daps
Well you made it about you so i was going a little more in depth. Maybe you shouldnt be afraid of women making suggestions to help your relationship.

Seems like you should do more for your woman so you dont have to be concerned about her allying with her family to better her relationship. Asking you to do more of this and that, the nerve. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the friendly unsolicited advice, but i'm going to abandon it like the malls in this thread, friend.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Funny shyt..I was just in the Galleria the other day, and while its still flourishing, it has a whole section thats completely dead and devoid of any stores AT ALL. I took some pics too...ill upload later.
Its always been fascinating for me to see these large structures go to no use. Like you have this large ass building and nobody can find any use for it? I have a similar interest to dead skyscrapers. Those are even more interesting in my opinion..
Here we got quite a few dead malls. Sharpstown turned into Mexico Mall...northiline = dead, greens point = almost dead..etc
But our main 3 malls are doing well. First Colony, Galleria, and Memorial City

All I see is thousands of jobs lost

Now I use Amazon as much as anyone else but thier end game is awful. I mean right now they very little in taxes and give nothing back to the communitys in terms of labor. Yea they have huge warehouses but its becoming more and more automated. I mean theres already less and less jobs out there. Not everyone can get an IT cert which are being more and more outsourced.

So glad I will probably be dead in 50 years :heh:
Breh this is fukked up, cause i got a son that hopefully won't be dead in that time,..but i do find myself kinda glad i won't have to deal with some of the shyt thats coming down the grapevine for society..

Last edited: