"8% tips don't pay my tuition"- thot

Should tips be enough to pay college tuition?

• Yes

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • No

Votes: 101 91.8%

• Total voters

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This comes up every so often. The bros be on my head when we go out and I rarely tip

I don’t see the point. Half the time they carry some water, a plate of food, and want 20 dollars for 5 min of work:francis:

Fck all that:russ:ill tip the UPS guy or the breh working in a warehouse before l tip some people. If they want benefits and some bread join the Air Force or some shii

Daps
Tips stands for=To Insure Prompt Service

I used to be a waitress in undergrad so I always give good tips. Even if the waitress was struggling b/c I know how fukked up the food industry is.

First off, people are a$$holes. Entitled, extra, needy a$$holes who will take up all of your time and attention, harrass you, sexually harrass you, be nasty, say they ordered one thing, swear they ordered something different, claim the food or service was bad just to get out of paying for it, and while u sitting there trying to be professional to those types, you missing tables and other potential customers and tips. Some people steal tips, and in some restaurants you have to share tips with the other workers. More fukkery. Not to mention when the cook fukks up the order or u gotta deal with a Karen. I cursed a customer plumb out and dumped her food on the floor and told her she could get her ass busted to the white meat for coming out of her mouth at me wrong b4 I quit. I’m actually surprised they didn’t call the cops on me that day. :palm: Even the guy she was with knew her doxy ass was wrong. Sittin there looking apologetic. I can’t stand hateful people.

On good shifts, depending on the restaurant and the crowd, you can make good money. On an good 3-4 hr shift I’ve pulled in like $150-200. But on bad days you barely make $50-75 or less depending on the restaurant you work in.
They definitely need to give servers a better hourly wage tho. Servers should go on strike.
I ain’t even tryna be bogus but I used to work as a cook and the servers will sometimes make 300 in a night

u said u can make 200 in 4 hours which would be about 400 for a whole 8 .. people at warehouses make maybe 400 a week for 40 hours

mfs bytch too much smh

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
I ain’t even tryna be bogus but I used to work as a cook and the servers will sometimes make 300 in a night

u said u can make 200 in 4 hours which would be about 400 for a whole 8 .. people at warehouses make maybe 400 a week for 40 hours

mfs bytch too much smh
Yeah but that’s not steady income. It’s variable as hell, as this thread demonstratesz

it also depends on the caliber of the restaurant and how busy the shift is.

Personally they should just give an hourly wage b/c tips are too unreliable and food is expensive enough.:yeshrug:

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps
the customer is cheap for not tipping at least 10-15% and the thot is entitled for complaining since she still got a tip :yeshrug:

Daps
I tip 15% for "meh" service...they do their job competently.

20% is for a "good" job...basically average service but if the person is friendly.

25 to 30% for "great" service. I usually only go this high in nicer restaurants where you're spending $100+/plate before drinks and dessert. The fancy spots often have much more professional waitstaff that strike a great balance between being attentive but not checking on you TOO much. Night and day versus going to a spot like Chili's or Applebees.