8 Reasons Why R&B Has Died In The Black Community

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Young kids don't like R{&B they want heavy beat dancing music or techno now.
Older cats aren't really buying cds and going to concerts heavy, so that 80s-2000s R&B acts don't have the heavy touring base to depend on like the pre-80s acts.
Its fukked up, on top of that, only play for R&B is white artists on black and white owned "black" stations, so you have black singers and crooners literally locked out the mainstream.

Strip club songs ruined black music.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
u nikkas sit up here and do all this " U GUYS STILL DEPEND ON RADIO OR THERE IS GOOD MUSIC EVERYWHERE " comment shyt is ridiculous

majority of the people around the world still watch tv shows and listen to radio. and not only that u have companies out here using trash music in commercials and in movies which influence this new generation on a whole

and especially today where talent isn't needed and just a gimmick motherfukkers take the easy way out

And the fukked up part about it is, these mainstream dudes making weak music feel entitled and feel that soulful cats that can SANG don't deserve a level playing field.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
u nikkas sit up here and do all this " U GUYS STILL DEPEND ON RADIO OR THERE IS GOOD MUSIC EVERYWHERE " comment shyt is ridiculous

majority of the people around the world still watch tv shows and listen to radio. and not only that u have companies out here using trash music in commercials and in movies which influence this new generation on a whole

and especially today where talent isn't needed and just a gimmick motherfukkers take the easy way out

How is that a ridiculous argument? Many people who complain about the state of hip hop and r&b are sheep and slaves to the radio. They only feed off what the mainstream gives them

Mr. Togo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Google
old heads mad some dude not crooning every song about how much he loves a woman

90's R&B is for my aunties in their 40's-50's

:blessed:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I kinda agree there is too much sex. Nothing left to the imagination anymore. I remember Marvin tuning out and hearing him almost at a whisper say, "masturbate." That's lightweight today. Folks say and show whatever now and its not even shocking. Even BET Uncut lost its purpose cuz what was being shown during the day was just about as inappropriate. Took MTV about two weeks before they censored, "my dikk a boss!"

You kinda skipped over the entire 90s bro :patrice: 90's r&b was filled with raunchy sex content

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
No. 2 stands out to me. Seems like back in the day it didn't really matter how you looked as long as you could sing. A lot of the legends are regular looking people who made themselves look bigger than life. Now you got half ass singers who look like models, on some C&C Music Factory shyt.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikkas need GOD and LOVE. nikkas don't know who GOD is and what LOVE is no more.

They missing the love. They missing what it's ALL about.

Yup. A lot R&B's biggest hits were songs that were cross over from Gospel or had Gospel undertones. There also used to be a lot of inspirational songs and songs about family.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You kinda skipped over the entire 90s bro :patrice: 90's r&b was filled with raunchy sex content

That was the era when it started going to sh!t IMO. That was the beginning to me. We just didn't really notice it until the two thousand era, but the seeds were sewn a decade in advance looking back in hindsight. R&B and Soul ceased to exist after the 80s. It'll never come back. Never.