8 Reasons Why R&B Has Died In The Black Community

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I said similar shyt but they not trying to hear it.

RnB is still doing ok it's just not shyt these oldass nikkas wanna hear anymore
The problem is that they want RnB to sound like it did in the 90s and prior.

But they don't want to admit 2 facts.

1. Hiphop being where the money is changed the listening habits of the fans that determine whats hot. Black people (15-23)

2. No one wants to hear ballads anymore. Not even the people complaining in this thread cause John Legend flopped like never before this year and artist like J. Hud can't sell anything.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean shoot, there was some classic stuff being dropped in the 60's and 70's but mary J's first 2 albums were classic in their own right.

She made music that even our parents could vibe too. (I'm assuming you're an 80s baby like me)

No I am older than that, which is why I can remember the originals of some music. Btw, some of the 1990's remakes wasn't that bad. Mary J. Blige didn't do that bad on her remake of Patrice Rushen; but Patrice Rushen actually played instruments. Bell Biv Devoe's remake of G.C. Cameron's classic was not that bad either. My favorite remake of all time actually occurred in the 1980's when Stevie Wonder remade All I Do which he originally wrote for Tammi Terrell.

C-NICE

Jiggy is the lifestyle
Daps
Reppin
From Atlanta to San Fran to LA 4now
And they didn't say dikk once. That's the point. Do you guys not get the difference between entendre and explicit vulgarity?

Vulgarity killed RnB
People don't understand back in the day sex was still kinda taboo especially commercially now everything is over sexualized R.kelly was the first to be on some straight vulgar sucking and fuking tip. I remember my grandma hearing it and was shocked lol. Music back in the day was somewhat sexual but to a kid or teen you probably wouldn't understand it but now its to far gone. People used to sing about love and relationships and how they would be lost without their significant other now its fuk bytches get money and hoes aint loyal

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Solange
Beyonce
Frank Ocean
the Weekend
Trap Soul (carry over from the end of '15)
Anderson Paak
PnD
Maxwell
DVSN
Rihanna

I know Im missing some but these were all released to much acclaim and fanfare.

I didnt say it was the music you liked or whatever but no one can deny that R&B made some headway back into the mainstream this year

Maxwell is the only relevant talent on your list..

Beyonce R&B..:mjlol:

Beyonce hasn't been R&B since her first album dropped...

The weekend....:russ:

Rihanna..R&B.:snoop:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
No I am older than that, which is why I can remember the originals of some music. Btw, some of the 1990's remakes wasn't that bad. Mary J. Blige didn't do that bad on her remake of Patrice Rushen; but Patrice Rushen actually played instruments. Bell Biv Devoe's remake of G.C. Cameron's classic was not that bad either. My favorite remake of all time actually occurred in the 1980's when Stevie Wonder remade All I Do which he originally wrote for Tammi Terrell.

Damn you're right there were a lot of RnB covers in the 90's. I just remembered Mary J remade that one rose royce song (I'm going down).

Mary's cover of patrice rushen was good but Patrice Rushen killed it from the beginning and still has the better version.

I see where you're coming from in your original post and I'm actually starting to agree with you

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
People don't understand back in the day sex was still kinda taboo especially commercially now everything is over sexualized R.kelly was the first to be on some straight vulgar sucking and fuking tip. I remember my grandma hearing it and was shocked lol. Music back in the day was somewhat sexual but to a kid or teen you probably wouldn't understand it but now its to far gone. People used to sing about love and relationships and how they would be lost without their significant other now its fuk bytches get money and hoes aint loyal
Everyone making music now grew up on Rap music. I think everyone understands this.

Its a reason why the R&B now is more descriptive than that of yesteryear

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
The singing talent just isn't there

From today's era who can cover a whitney song, luther, or mariah carey...

Today's era just can't sing

There are a few exceptions like bruno bars but no one big in R&B can cover all time greats.

Imaging the weekend singing a luther song like radio...his pipes would probably blow up.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Rap was big in 90s and 80's
Rakim
Big daddy cain
LL cool j
Salt in pepper
Nas
Biggie
Tupac
Heavy D
Jay-Z

That's not a good excuse

Everyone making music now grew up on Rap music. I think everyone understands this.

Its a reason why the R&B now is more descriptive than that of yesteryear

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Solange
Beyonce
Frank Ocean
the Weekend
Trap Soul (carry over from the end of '15)
Anderson Paak
PnD
Maxwell
DVSN
Rihanna

I know Im missing some but these were all released to much acclaim and fanfare.

I didnt say it was the music you liked or whatever but no one can deny that R&B made some headway back into the mainstream this year

Their albums were great and the reason they were so great was because they were neo soul throwbacks

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
u nikkas sit up here and do all this " U GUYS STILL DEPEND ON RADIO OR THERE IS GOOD MUSIC EVERYWHERE " comment shyt is ridiculous

majority of the people around the world still watch tv shows and listen to radio. and not only that u have companies out here using trash music in commercials and in movies which influence this new generation on a whole

and especially today where talent isn't needed and just a gimmick motherfukkers take the easy way out

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
u nikkas sit up here and do all this " U GUYS STILL DEPEND ON RADIO OR THERE IS GOOD MUSIC EVERYWHERE " comment shyt is ridiculous

majority of the people around the world still watch tv shows and listen to radio. and not only that u have companies out here using trash music in commercials and in movies which influence this new generation on a whole

and especially today where talent isn't needed and just a gimmick motherfukkers take the easy way out
If your post was even half way true. There would be no such thing as a flop or no artist would ever fail.