8 Reasons Why R&B Has Died In The Black Community

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
even the young kids don't fukk wit R&B these days so deal wit it and quit cryin to me.:camby:

the words of a man who has no idea what he's talking about

Rock music is twice as popular as pop in America – but R&B rules streaming

TotalstreamsUS2014.jpg

Rock music is twice as popular as pop in America - but R&B rules streaming - Music Business Worldwide

also

Goddamn, Bryson Tiller’s “TRAPSOUL” Album is Lowkey a Massive Hit

Goddamn, Bryson Tiller’s “TRAPSOUL” Album is Lowkey a Massive Hit - DJBooth Article

Stack Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:snoop:Now I got 2 emotional nikkas bytchin at me, I wasn't in this thread like that and don't know what yall been arguin about wit other dudes so lashin out at me as if I'm involved in your petty argument is pointless.:francis: I don't care what your opinion is I was just co-signin R&B fallin off and used the opportunity to post that Bobby Brown pic, bytchin on The Coli ain't gonna change the fact that most nikkas don't listen to R&B these days so yall wastin your time.

I'm going to skim through this...

I didn't come lashing at you, you said something yesterday I think and I just saw it today. Been in this thread since it started. I disagreed with your opinion

There is no emotion from me.. My tone hasn't changed:mjlol:.. Yours did though:umad:

You was clowning Bobby Brown and RnB and I was clowning people complaining and being:flabbynsick:

And if you never supported RnB.. So how can you be an expert on what it is or isn't now:wtf:
:mindblown:You DID come lashin out at me and I saw you doin the same shyt to several other people in here quotin them wit that whiny "WHY YOU COMPLAINING! MOVE ON!" shyt, that shows you butthurt over what they sayin and are desperately tellin them to "move on" beggin them to stop postin about R&B bein dead cause it hurts your feelins provin YOU the one that's complainin.:umad:

I wasn't even talkin to you or anyone in particular I just made a post in the thread more so laughin at Bobby Brown and you got upset by it like an emotional hoe, the fact you been in this thread since it started arguin wit people shows how in your feelins you are you got upset cause what I said disagreed wit YOUR opinion and are now tryna pretend you calm after I called you out.:ifukkedup:

My tone always changes when fakkits catch feelins and start constantly quotin me cause they mistook me for one of the people they goin back and forth wit and try to deflect their anger onto me, you weren't clownin people "complainin" you were bytchin at anyone who said somethin negative about R&B falsely accusin them of complainin when you were the one complainin by whinin over their posts and assumin they all older cats like a typical young dude in his feelins.:patriotscamumad:

:mjlol:You don't have to buy R&B albums to know what R&B is or be able to see that its not popular like it was in the 80s and 90s, that logic is a pathetic attempt to discredit me and what I said cause you that pressed over this thread in here throwin hissy fits cause nikkas point out R&B is dead in 2017.

the words of a man who has no idea what he's talking about

Rock music is twice as popular as pop in America – but R&B rules streaming

TotalstreamsUS2014.jpg

Rock music is twice as popular as pop in America - but R&B rules streaming - Music Business Worldwide

also

Goddamn, Bryson Tiller’s “TRAPSOUL” Album is Lowkey a Massive Hit

Goddamn, Bryson Tiller’s “TRAPSOUL” Album is Lowkey a Massive Hit - DJBooth Article
The words of a man in his feelins about me and everyone else statin the fact that R&B is dead, :ufdup:even Rock fans say Rock is dead so desperately searchin for bullshyt articles to help you out exposes how butthurt you are over this.:camby:

:scust:Look at you gettin giddy over your fellow irate bytches post slappin hands like 2 bit sissies, yeah yall furious over this shyt goin hard in here when no one else cares.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
The words of a man in his feelins about me and everyone else statin the fact that R&B is dead, :ufdup:even Rock fans say Rock is dead so desperately searchin

just because someone else said it doesn't make it true...

for bullshyt articles to help you out exposes how butthurt you are over this.:camby:

I come with facts...you come with opinions:umad:

Stack Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
just because someone else said it doesn't make it true...

I come with facts...you come with opinions:umad:
:stopitslime:Its not "someone else" its all the Rock fans sayin that, they know more about their genre than you do. And you contradict yourself cause you just outsourced what someone else said in a random article you found to back up your opinion which shows your hypocrisy, you come wit emotions and denial I come wit facts and common sense which is why you so tight everyone knows R&B ain't popular like it was before so get out your feelins bytch.:mspaintcamumad:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
:snoop:Now I got 2 emotional nikkas bytchin at me, I wasn't in this thread like that and don't know what yall been arguin about wit other dudes so lashin out at me as if I'm involved in your petty argument is pointless.:francis: I don't care what your opinion is I was just co-signin R&B fallin off and used the opportunity to post that Bobby Brown pic, bytchin on The Coli ain't gonna change the fact that most nikkas don't listen to R&B these days so yall wastin your time.

:mindblown:You DID come lashin out at me and I saw you doin the same shyt to several other people in here quotin them wit that whiny "WHY YOU COMPLAINING! MOVE ON!" shyt, that shows you butthurt over what they sayin and are desperately tellin them to "move on" beggin them to stop postin about R&B bein dead cause it hurts your feelins provin YOU the one that's complainin.:umad:

I wasn't even talkin to you or anyone in particular I just made a post in the thread more so laughin at Bobby Brown and you got upset by it like an emotional hoe, the fact you been in this thread since it started arguin wit people shows how in your feelins you are you got upset cause what I said disagreed wit YOUR opinion and are now tryna pretend you calm after I called you out.:ifukkedup:

My tone always changes when fakkits catch feelins and start constantly quotin me cause they mistook me for one of the people they goin back and forth wit and try to deflect their anger onto me, you weren't clownin people "complainin" you were bytchin at anyone who said somethin negative about R&B falsely accusin them of complainin when you were the one complainin by whinin over their posts and assumin they all older cats like a typical young dude in his feelins.:patriotscamumad:

:mjlol:You don't have to buy R&B albums to know what R&B is or be able to see that its not popular like it was in the 80s and 90s, that logic is a pathetic attempt to discredit me and what I said cause you that pressed over this thread in here throwin hissy fits cause nikkas point out R&B is dead in 2017.

The words of a man in his feelins about me and everyone else statin the fact that R&B is dead, :ufdup:even Rock fans say Rock is dead so desperately searchin for bullshyt articles to help you out exposes how butthurt you are over this.:camby:

:scust:Look at you gettin giddy over your fellow irate bytches post slappin hands like 2 bit sissies, yeah yall furious over this shyt goin hard in here when no one else cares.
Not reading all this breh

Oh, and btw... Anticipation 3 just dropped today :sas2:

Just letting all you:flabbynsick: complainers know

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
I have no problem with the 80s or 90s or experimentation. I have no problem with the big producer era. The difference is, Face/LA, Jam and Lewis, Full Force, Chuckii Booker, Kyle West, Teddy Riley were still dudes that had earned their stripes performing in bands or working and growing with a diversity of music and acts. They could produce and write anything. They were like their predecessors. They had no problem transitioning into hip-hop or New Jack Swing and kept finding multi-faceted talent. The same album could have soul, r&b and funk cuts intertwined with newer sounds. And this was the mainstream, chart toppers. I feel like we have ended up with hip-hop being in charge of music. They have evolved hip-hop and have basically given "that r&b shyt" to pop and let soul linger. Who is supposed to come out of that and produce other forms of great black music in mass? Even when you have a house like Top Dawg that has the ability, background and chops I think they feel they like they have to be overly experimental and can't do things conventionally as far as releasing good mainstream sounding music. I think there is talent out there, but perhaps the attitude of the public has moved too far beyond it and those running black music are of the same mind. Everything is considered simpin or soft or someone not meanmugging is c00ning. I dunno. I feel like its a loss for black people. The diversity of music and the sheer number of quality songs and albums just shyt on today's black music. I know there's stuff underground and I make every effort to find and buy new soul and r&b as well as older artists making comebacks, but somewhere in the evolution, the singing part got pushed to the side.

truth

:dahell:How am I gettin hurt when you rushed in bytchin at me lashin out like a female? I was literally clownin that Bobby Brown pic while agreein wit OP on the state of R&B and you came out of nowhere to single my post out and whine like a little bytch over nothin cause you got butthurt by what other cats said in this thread and assumed I was apart of that argument:michaeljordanlaugh: I'm just statin the fact that the genre is dead I ain't gonna lie and say its stronger than ever just cause you think speakin facts is whinin when you the only one whinin right now.

:ufdup:Yeah you in your feelins gettin emotional over your misinterpretation of my post, it ain't MY fault cause I never bought R&B albums in the 90s either but you tryna deflect by claimin I'M in my feelins after I called you out for actin like a irate bytch is the go to defense for a nikka in his feelins. Your last 2 sentences expose why you're so butthurt you're basically upset cause cats are pointin out your favorite genre ain't shyt these days so you're bytchin about them supposedly bein:flabbynsick:which is what you young dudes always say when someone don't like shyt from your generation, nah nikka R&B is whats:flabbynsick:ain't nobody checkin for the shyt anymore it ain't about the past generation not feelin it even the young kids don't fukk wit R&B these days so deal wit it and quit cryin to me.:camby:

f6bf3fa31c5c4ecad17b62040a19eb81.jpg

70s is the goat easily because it was a mix of the pure soul of the 60's and the funk of the 70's at it's height of creativity and innovation

PolitiFact-Ohio-True.jpg

90s was the pinnacle of r&b music.

18TahV6.gif

Stack Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Not reading all this breh

Oh, and btw... Anticipation 3 just dropped today :sas2:

Just letting all you:flabbynsick: complainers know
:whythefukkyoulyin:You read it you just can't refute it, again the only one complainin is you everyone else is just pointin out the truth and discussin why its like that.

Just like R&B ain't nobody checkin for Trey Songz in 2017:umad: now I see why you so tight about people statin facts on R&B bein:flabbynsick:you a Trey Songz stan.:mjlol:

Again, Anticipation 3 just dropped... For free

How many yall supported:patrice:
:ufdup:Unlike you nikkas ain't gonna support just cause its R&B it has to actually be good, you desperate for people to support it just to help your argument that R&B ain't dead when its clear it is as shown by you beggin people to cop a R&B mixtape.:michaeljordanlaugh:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I think the best way to put this, rather than trying to break down each black genre is to ask where has the talent domination of black music forms that were alive in the past. Even if you are one to say music has evolved, I would say the talent in numbers is just not close. There's a lot of heat out there right now, but its mixed with a lot of bad at the same time. Even in Hip-hop. We can say, find your own music, use other sources, etc, etc, but popular music prevails, and it used to be more than just trap and the occasional soul or r&b hit popularized. Even if you aren't into popular music peep a R&B/hip-hop chart from the last 30 years and look at how good and competitive it used to be. Instrumentals, hip-hop, r&b, soul, ballads. Listen to those songs. The depth of music was much greater from song to song. Yes, songs are flat now. Was thinking about this as I was looking at the r&b chart records, which all seem to be recent. All I could think of was damn, not only is that song not worthy of that longevity, but damn, I guess what is there to knock it off? That's not evolution, that's de-evolution.

Facts! It's devolving and breaking down on what it used to be great.