8 Reasons Why R&B Has Died In The Black Community

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
not realize that if R&B hadn't evolved it would've actually died off like Glam Rock, Grunge and Disco. :mjlol:

this is pure ignorance. It takes talent to be able to sing. Disco was about the beat, grunge was about yelling/agression, and glam rock was about appearance/loudness.

R&B was around BEFORE those things and lasted way longer than any of them.

Sam Smith, Adele, etc are singing traditional R&B and it's doing fine. So it's become a cultural issue rather than about the music.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Wasnt Lemonade one of the biggest albums last year? Primarily a RnB album.

Also, I think the reason is traditional RnB has mostly moved to the older crowd, and their mediums for getting that music is primarily still the radio. Anthony Hamilton, Kem, Lalah Hathaway, Avery Sunshine, Ledisi, and plenty others are still getting plenty of buzz, its just not in the main light, and that is for the best.

Think about it; Maxwell released BLACKsummers night a couple of years ago and we still getting bangers off it (1990x) in 2016 :wow:

Syndicated radio shows in major urban cities support RnB, as do things like the Essence and JazzFests. Y'all nikkas talking about RnB dying, but Frankie Beverly and Maze is probably touring more than most artists right now.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Please explain your criteria for "family music"

Something with a pleasant grove to it without obscene lyrics
black music to uplift the spirit and make you happy when you heard it

black artist only make this top music when they collab with white people on top 40 songs lmao

motown created pop music, black music use to be the pop music everybody could listen to

black music went from the biggest arenas to the clubs and now has been regulated to the goddamn strip club

white youtube rappers with fake autotone drake beats got 30 times more views than anderson pak and sell out shows

black music has gotten so bad anybody can replicate it now, anybody can make a future type beat, white people stole trap beats and mixed with their wack ass electronic music and made a whole new genre

There was never a white Earth, Wind, Fire, it was impossible

Even Justin Timberlake couldn't become the white michael jackson

There is no white artist who could try to copy R. Kelly's style lmao

where's the black jusin bieber? There hasn't been a black artist in that lane since Usher first came out
he got all black writers and produces making his shyt lmao, nikkaz don't even realize they making whites the face of our music

Drake is just the beginning, you got hordes of white drakes selling out venues, with hundreds of millions of views on youtube lmao
copying pasting those plastic ass beats, fake ass autotune

T-pain brought that auto-tune shyt to the forefront over 10 years ago and it's still dominating the music lmao you don't see how stagnate this shyt has become

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
once again all those artist are old and none that is music with content for the family

the closet thing would be pharrell's happy and that's boderline white music

lmao anderson paak, he got nikka all in the no worries song lmao

you don't even understand what I'm talking about
Old or young they're STILL putting out RnB music

The "Younger generation" dropped or dropping RnB shyt too, but since you're already dismissing it you probably never checked out any of their stuff as well.

So RnB is dead because you're not checking out new music from "old" artists or new music from new artists. Nor even looking for underground artists who drop shyt daily

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Wasnt Lemonade one of the biggest albums last year? Primarily a RnB album.

Also, I think the reason is traditional RnB has mostly moved to the older crowd, and their mediums for getting that music is primarily still the radio. Anthony Hamilton, Kem, Lalah Hathaway, Avery Sunshine, Ledisi, and plenty others are still getting plenty of buzz, its just not in the main light, and that is for the best.

Think about it; Maxwell released BLACKsummers night a couple of years ago and we still getting bangers off it (1990x) in 2016 :wow:

Syndicated radio shows in major urban cities support RnB, as do things like the Essence and JazzFests. Y'all nikkas talking about RnB dying, but Frankie Beverly and Maze is probably touring more than most artists right now.
Because they not checking for it

BlackSUMMERSnight was released last year... Bet none of these cats complaining even bought it. And it's getting radio play.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Something with a pleasant grove to it without obscene lyrics
black music to uplift the spirit and make you happy when you heard it

black artist only make this top music when they collab with white people on top 40 songs lmao

motown created pop music, black music use to be the pop music everybody could listen to

black music went from the biggest arenas to the clubs and now has been regulated to the goddamn strip club

white youtube rappers with fake autotone drake beats got 30 times more views than anderson pak and sell out shows

black music has gotten so bad anybody can replicate it now, anybody can make a future type beat, white people stole trap beats and mixed with their wack ass electronic music and made a whole new genre

There was never a white Earth, Wind, Fire, it was impossible

Even Justin Timberlake couldn't become the white michael jackson

There is no white artist who could try to copy R. Kelly's style lmao

where's the black jusin bieber? There hasn't been a black artist in that lane since Usher first came out
he got all black writers and produces making his shyt lmao, nikkaz don't even realize they making whites the face of our music

Drake is just the beginning, you got hordes of white drakes selling out venues, with hundreds of millions of views on youtube lmao
copying pasting those plastic ass beats, fake ass autotune

T-pain brought that auto-tune shyt to the forefront over 10 years ago and it's still dominating the music lmao you don't see how stagnate this shyt has become

But they dont see it coming though:wow:

Ive been warning about the white washing,artist wanting to "push boundaries" ie typically do some souless cracka shyt you wouldnt expect a black artist to do....the Kanyes,Kid Cudis of the world opened up those floodgates...and now the street nikka has all but been dismissed from rap...with no need for street authenticity,no need for swag,no need for soul,no need to be cool,hiphop no longer being anti white but instead nikkahs trying to dress like white boys and make souless dark emo music like em....whats stopping white people from being the face of hiphop soon:jbhmm:.

Luckily white folks got a long way to go to be as cool,but as we die culturally in an attempt to assimilate with whites,it wont be long:mjcry:....ive always said even at its most ignorant,gangsta rap still one of our moste powerful weapon against white supremacy.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And kellz is my goat,but keeping it a buck he started most of this shyt with rnb....the rnb thug shyt,he really bought hiphop and rnb together like nobody else....plus early 2000's he started that talking over beats melodically and it was still considered rnb...only difference is Kellz could really sing and still showed it.

But it opened the doors for guys who cant really sing,bur who can talk melodically which is a whoooole lotta nikkas:mjcry:....so much so alot of these producers decided to come from behind the scenes knowing damn well they cant sing or perform....instead of staying they ass in the background and writing for good singers.

Also another problem in black music,producers wont stick to producing:scust:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Old or young they're STILL putting out RnB music

The "Younger generation" dropped or dropping RnB shyt too, but since you're already dismissing it you probably never checked out any of their stuff as well.

So RnB is dead because you're not checking out new music from "old" artists or new music from new artists. Nor even looking for underground artists who drop shyt daily

RnB is dead because it's dead

I'm not checking for Future, but that bullshyt he making is not dead unfortunately

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
#1 in my opinion is that R&B has just been too influenced by hip hop. But I also think we blame the actual genre too much without looking at the fans. If the fans are choosing Chris Brown over Jazmine Sullivan or Tank, who's fault is that? I use those two because they have both within the past year complained about their lack of success and a desire to just quit, but I know both are very talented R&B artists. Chris Brown however is wildly successful.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
RnB is dead because it's dead

I'm not checking for Future, but that bullshyt he making is not dead unfortunately
Then that's your fault for making it dead by thinking Future is RnB:bryan:

Blame yourself. @Ronnie Lott literally posted a FEW RnB albums that dropped last year but I bet you didn't check out one, didn't buy one, didn't do anything but listen to the mainstream radio and complain because boy bands are no longer in style.

So like I said, if it's dead to you it's because of you and people like you:yeshrug:

Last edited:

jackson35

Banned
Daps
And specifically, what is that element?
the elements i just mention which you quote. take Micheal Jackson for example. with out berry gordy who signed him and his brothers how far will they go? he had black writers write hit songs for them. 2 he had a black woman= Suzanne depasse handle their look and stage presentation. he had black choregraphers, teach them move. he had black and white discjockeys to play their music. bottom line you don't have a black clique running the show like this anymore.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
#1 in my opinion is that R&B has just been too influenced by hip hop. But I also think we blame the actual genre too much without looking at the fans. If the fans are choosing Chris Brown over Jazmine Sullivan or Tank, who's fault is that? I use those two because they have both within the past year complained about their lack of success and a desire to just quit, but I know both are very talented R&B artists. Chris Brown however is wildly successful.
Chris Brown is also talented in his own right, IDK how you guys try to discredit these cats or compare.

And yes, it is mostly the complainers fault. The younger generation dictates whats popular just like it always had, but it's not like RnB artists just up and died. You people stopped focusing on their music and products... Stopped checking for RnB music unless on the radio

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Then that's your fault for making it dead by thinking Future is RnB:bryan:

Blame yourself. @Ronnie Lott literally posted a FEW RnB albums that dropped last year but I bet you didn't check out one, didn't buy one, didn't do anything but listen to the mainstream radio and complain because boy bands are no longer in style.

So like I said, if it's dead to you it's because of you and people like you:yeshrug:

Can you turn your brain on for a second

we are talking about culturally

I could listen to disco, find modern artist who classic 80's rock sounding music and listen to that exclusively, it's not going to change the fact that shyt is dead lmao

Chris Brown was suppose to be the next michael jackson, he will be lucky to be the next bobby brown

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago

I could listen to disco, find modern artist who classic 80's rock sounding music and listen to that exclusively, it's not going to change the fact that shyt is dead lmao

Chris Brown was suppose to be the next michael jackson, he will be lucky to be the next bobby brown

There shouldn't be a next Michael Jackson, that's part of the problem.

Every artist is their own entity.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

Now you're talking culturally:comeon:

Again, it's evolved. And the "Culture" of it started changing in the 90's when they started blurring the lines between hip hop and RnB.. Can't blame something for changing over 20 years but yet you're trying to blame music today when all it did was evolve from the 90's and on.

But guess what, RnB is still being created and performed but guess who's not checking for it. The ones complaining it's dead... Music wise and culturally

And Chris Brown was supposed to be the next Chris Brown. There will never be another Michael Jackson and thinking that wouldn't be intelligent.