8 Reasons Why R&B Has Died In The Black Community

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
A large shift from romance to just using one another in relationships in the blk community. Art imitates life. (Although take that with a grain of salt because art is being used to manipulate and shape life as well.)

A lot of ignant blk men and blk women are bitter and butt hurt towards one another and out to romantically commit psychological warfare on some fukkboi #HOH bullshyt or some #UseHim nonsense. Music production reflects the desires of the pseudo audience. Pseudo because we're being led to desire dumb shyt just as much as music is attributed to the desires of the masses.

Sweetness and love has become synonymous with "simping" (one of the worse cop outs in the world btw) and given a negative connotation.

simpin, pawg and c00nin are the most overused words that used wrong on this site or in the young community.:mjlol:

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Love me some old school R&B. My moms played all the joints while I was growing up :wow:.

Im 22 and I been a simp since birth :myman:

Also this is one of my fav songs, I have a video of me dancing to it when I was 5 :takedat:

I still sing this in the shower everyday :manny:

R&B never died for me, cause these songs are timeless.:ohlawd:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Both those points dead on. Cacs dismantled black r&b frm the top (because it starts w/ them) nd put the entire machine behind rap. 2 birds one stone. Dey got filthy rich off the genre while simaltaneously promotin ignorance tenfold. I really jus started noticin cacs like bieber nd adele aint doin nothin but singin repackaged black r&b. Young cacs actin like its somethin new under the sun. Once the game got infiltrated by Justin T nd Em nd white ppl seen that lane...that was all she wrote. The popularity of trey songz nd breezy further contributed to its downfall since they werent pushin traditional r&b nd doin hybrid r&b rap shyt

:wow:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The kids are doomed from the womb :snoop:

These ratchet thots treat baby showers like engagement parties, cause they will never get one.

I don't even know if they were married, by the baby's father was there, I was getting paid to record it by the girl's father who's an old street nikka

it made me realize, all the family reunions and barbeque's you gotta play old shyt lmao

it ain't no new black music for the family

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I don't even know if they were married, by the baby's father was there, I was getting paid to record it by the girl's father who's an old street nikka

it made me realize, all the family reunions and barbeque's you gotta play old shyt lmao

It was done on purpose to over ratchet new black music, to break down happy family reunions, or straight up not have any in the first place.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was done on purpose to over ratchet new black music, to break down happy family reunions, or straight up not have any in the first place.

That's no excuse

nikkaz gotta talk responsibility for not making talent a priority and allowing just anybody to be artist

the apollo use to kick nikkaz off the stage who couldn't sing live drake would've got dragged off by sandman trying to sing a hook lmao

back in day not just anybody could be a rapper

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
That's no excuse

nikkaz gotta talk responsibility for not making talent a priority and allowing just anybody to be artist

the apollo use to kick nikkaz off the stage who couldn't sing live drake would've got dragged off by sandman trying to sing a hook lmao

back in day not just anybody could be a rapper

You right. Problem is the "stop hating, get money" mentality came about in the mid 00s from the south mainstream music, and it affected black music for the worse. No one strives to make better art anymore. It's all about money, and exposure over shortcuts.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
pretty good article, nothing but facts :wow:

8 Reasons Why R&B Has Died in the Black Community - Atlanta Black Star

here's the list

1. The Whitewash
2. Too Much Focus on Physical Attributes, Not Enough on Talent
3. Producer-Focused
4. Too Much Sex
5. Artists Too Limited
6. Nobody Is Buying Music Anymore
7. R&B and Hip-Hop Have Coalesced Into a Single Genre
8. Computerized Production

6 & 7 are the only things that make sense on here...

i'll add a #9 - people forgot what the R and the B stand for.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps

Please stop spreading misinformation :snoop: