76ers want new arena in Center City, Philadelphia

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
This is what happens if these dummies don't let the Sixers build the arena downtown

Market East needs that arena & if the Sixers don't get it, best believe they will move to NJ
Nobody wants a fukking arena downtown. CC is already horrendous nowadays, but if the Sixers play there? Jfc

They need to quit being bytches and continue to rent Wells Fargo

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Nobody wants a fukking arena downtown. CC is already horrendous nowadays, but if the Sixers play there? Jfc

Billionaire owner don’t want to pay Comcast for rent and he doesn’t make money when they have events there. They can build this stadium anywhere else in this city I don’t know why they chose Market East. University City about to be the new downtown anyway.

Moving to Jersey and Camden out of all places is ridiculous. NBA need to step in

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly

Do you travel? Where is the Staples Center in LA? Where is the Verizon Center in DC? Where is MSG in NYC?

Mayor Parker ended hybrid work to revitalize downtown...which the Sixers arena would also do :jbhmm:

Wells Fargo would be 35 yrs old at the end of the current lease...and they have to share it with the flyers

Sixers deserve their own arena downtown...and all y'all silly MFers gonna complain when they move to NJ

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Do you travel? Where is the Staples Center in LA? Where is the Verizon Center in DC? Where is MSG in NYC?

Mayor Parker ended hybrid work to revitalize downtown...which the Sixers arena would also do :jbhmm:

Wells Fargo would be 35 yrs old at the end of the current lease...and they have to share it with the flyers

Sixers deserve their own arena downtown...and all y'all silly MFers gonna complain when they move to NJ
I’m not talking about any of those places, I live in Philly mf

Philly is not big enough to have an arena downtown. Literally, the traffic would be shyttier than it already is. I don’t give a fukk what corrupt Parker has done, she doesnt give a fukk about you or me. Next you gonna tell me her personal dikkeater Councilman Kenyatta Johnson accepted bribes to revitalize the real estate market? :mjlol:

Revitalizing downtown is horseshyt, they just want support for their personal agendas. fukk a downtown arena.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Nationals Stadium kickstarted development in the DC Navy Yard
this is untrue.

It kickstarted some development around the stadium.

Go a block or two north or south of the stadium and it looks like 2003.

The Arena Stage and Department of Transportation had more impact on that area than the Nationals Stadium.

Also, for those saying the Verizon Center was built downtown in DC. It was not. There was no downtown there until that arena was built. It is the only example of this working out and that's largely because Abe Pollin paid for it.

And crazy Leonsis was trying to leave it.

Last edited:

HandyWithTheSteel

Superstar
Daps

Basketball stadiums should always be in dense urban/downtown areas. Football make senses with all the tailgating shyt but basketball (and baseball) belong in the heart of the city. The Palace at Aurburn Hills was trash.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I’m not talking about any of those places, I live in Philly mf

Philly is not big enough to have an arena downtown. Literally, the traffic would be shyttier than it already is. I don’t give a fukk what corrupt Parker has done, she doesnt give a fukk about you or me. Next you gonna tell me her personal dikkeater Councilman Kenyatta Johnson accepted bribes to revitalize the real estate market? :mjlol:

Revitalizing downtown is horseshyt, they just want support for their personal agendas. fukk a downtown arena.

A basketball arena should be downtown!

Perfectly situated near the El, Sub, Trollies, Regional Rail & Patco

An arena would bring games, concerts and other events there...

Fck what y'all talmbout

Build the arena on 11th & Market :banderas: